It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arnold Schwarzenegger: I Was Abused By My Father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
He told Fortune magazine: "My hair was pulled. I was hit with belts. So was the kid next door, and so was the kid next door to him. "It was just the way it was. Many of the children I've seen were broken by their parents, which was the German-Austrian mentality.

www.sky.com
ARNIE: MY DAD BEAT ME. Action hero turned politician Arnold Schwarzenegger says he was beaten regularly by his father.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Arnold resisted the beatings and fought to not conform to the German-Austrian mentalithy. Who's the girlie man now?

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BOHICA
Many of the children I've seen were broken by their parents, which was the German-Austrian mentality.

Jesus, he just signed the contract to be hated throughout Germany and Austria. What mental disfunction has caused that comment

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Erm, don't be a hypocrit.

At the time he grew up, pulling your kid back in line trough physical punishments was standard all over the world. Not just Austria and Germany.

Heck, I'm only 26 and I regularly got a slap on the rear or to the back of my head when I did something wrong.

Imho, these days are just dreadfull in that way. Parents can't even give their kids a slap on the rear anymore and the current mentality of kids as a result.

Children these days have no respect, no manners, no morals and no common sence. All just because they are pritty much let loose in the world.

All those parents that attack music, games, tv and other things as being the blame for alot of the things their kids do wrong should wake up and smell the roses and see that their lax behaviour and them leaving the education of their children to other people is whats wrong. Parents themself are mainly to blame.

If your kid does something bad and doesn't respond to a verbal punishment, then give it a slap on its rear. If it speaks up against you for doing that, slap it even harder.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
His statement has no tense so it sounds like it's still a common practice to hurt your kids here in Germany and Austria.

Only dumb stupid fags hurt their kids. Back in those days and nowadays.
Bad luck in your life but in the social environment I am living in this is unacceptabel. For sure many and not only some, all around do but when it comes to the topic "violence against kids" the European countries and the States are probably the most less agressive countries!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
When Arnold was just a miscreant rising star body builder and the press could still publish stories about him without being labeled commie lib liars, I read his father was MUCH worse than this. A total machismo homophobe that thought teen Arnold's interest in women wasn't developing as fast as his interest in male body building, so he started plying his son with copious amounts of alcohol and hiring experienced female companions to spend the night with him.

The story wasn't as high profile as say movie star Arnold's totally embarrasing Playboy interview but it was out there long before becoming the new face of the RNC. Bah, googling now gets you nothing but politics.

Like I said this was pre-politics days I read it, and VERY MUCH in line with what we knew of him, so no big deal (then). I actually think Arnold originally told the story as if a funny anecdote, not knowing Americans would consider that child abuse.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well I guess Arnold is looking for an excused for his behavior behind allegations of child abuse, how typical.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well I guess Arnold is looking for an excused for his behavior behind allegations of child abuse, how typical

What behavior would he be trying to justify...?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I guess Arnold is looking for an excused for his behavior behind allegations of child abuse, how typical.

What behavior do you mean, marg?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
My dear members all the so called misconduct he has been blame for just do a search in his campaign protesters and you will find we all ready covered this issue in ATS, truly I actually like him as an actor and I think he is doing well in California

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
After seeing "Pumping Iron," I really had nothing but contempt for Schwarzenegger. But, whoever he was at that time is not necessarily who he is now. Whatever else you can say about him, he has lived the American dream and, in my view, his priorities have been put in order.

Cheap shots at public figures really say more about those taking the shots than those who are targeted. And let's get a grip on the "girlie men" remark. Schwarzenegger was reprising a SNL skit which mocked him. His point was well taken and he made it in a self-effacing way. This shows a much higher level of humor than exhibited by those who take shots at him.

[edit on 04/8/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

If your kid does something bad and doesn't respond to a verbal punishment, then give it a slap on its rear. If it speaks up against you for doing that, slap it even harder.

Yeah, and if they cry, break their nose.
Oh sorry, if "it" cries. It's best to think of those children that you are beating as "its" instead of "hims and hers," -- if you introduce the human element into all this violence, it's liable to slow you down.

Arnold is very brave in speaking up on this. I've read that indeed this sort of violent attitude was the standard in Germany for generations. One sociologist feels that such parenting skills might be the answer as to why countless members of a seemingly peaceful & normal German populace could be reduced to such high levels of sadism & violence against Jews & other persecuted groups during the 30s & 40s.

It's also great that Arnold's breaking the cycle--people who beat their kids usually were beaten as kids themselves, and see such behavior as normal & justified.

top topics

join