It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Bob Lazar the biggest and greatest liar there is!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
okay if you know who he is then you shouldnt have troubles knowing what he said in his interviews.

he claims to have worked at Area 51 and S4... big story short he claims to have reverse engineered "Alien" space craft

he told his friends... Area 51 fired him and they tried to kill him he got away, THE END

uh but but....the crash in Roswell was a russian spy plane

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mercanaries3
okay if you know who he is then you shouldnt have troubles knowing what he said in his interviews.

he claims to have worked at Area 51 and S4... big story short he claims to have reverse engineered "Alien" space craft

he told his friends... Area 51 fired him and they tried to kill him he got away, THE END

I think he's only a slightly above average liar.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mercanaries3

Oops..how could you explain the Roswell crash as Russian spy plane? You mean Stanton Friedman is a liar too?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that in only a year working at Area 51, they allowed him to see the things that he told he saw, you know what I mean. I think that he is only attention hungry.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The greatest liars of all time are our governments.

If they never blanketed the subject with secrecy (Lies) then people like Lazar would not be able to make claims that could not be backed up.

So if there is nothing to it why the secrets?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mercanaries3

That he was engaged in secret work for the government seems fairly reasonable. That he was working on back engineered alien spacecraft which use gravity propulsion I don't believe I'm afraid. However he can convince me quite easily by explaining in terms of the Einstein Field Equations how the ships work, and what spacetime metric the craft work with...I think you'll find a lot of scientists will take him seriously then.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
No he isn't. I would throw Obama into that argument though!! Harold Camping could be up there (just because of recent events), and the entire Bush administration!!! There are tons of bigger liars than this guy!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mercanaries3

Maybe a little gullible, but I have studied Bob and I think there are some gaps in the story but I believe him. Pastly because of the many witnessed sightings of UFOs in the area around the time. Clearly we have the technology whether it is alien or human. What makes me believe in the Roswell alien crash is that men who were key players and involved in the cover-up came out to the world in their old age and admitted the cover-up before they passed away, some of them said to have witnessed the bodies. These men were highly respectable men in the military and in those days honor was even more of a word with all the stuff going on from the war and everything. It would not be likely that they would create a hoax for the public on their deathbed, admitting they were sworn for life not to tell us from the military and saying they want us to know the truth.
edit on 24-5-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
No he isn't. I would throw Obama into that argument though!! Harold Camping could be up there (just because of recent events), and the entire Bush administration!!! There are tons of bigger liars than this guy!!!

Right, so this guy who has absolutely no evidence of having worked on his alien spacecraft or can produce a theory explaining how it works is a much less of a liar than Harold Camping. However president Obama is a liar? I think you really need to get out more!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by timelike

There are people all the time claiming stuff that isn't true....You believe they are classified as the biggest liar ever?? "Change" that never happened....Followers who devoted their lives and all of their money to help assist Harold Camping to something he assured would happen...I think these are much more of a liar than someone who wants spotlight!! Think about it...and get out more yourself

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

There are people all the time claiming stuff that isn't true....You believe they are classified as the biggest liar ever?? "Change" that never happened....Followers who devoted their lives and all of their money to help assist Harold Camping to something he assured would happen...I think these are much more of a liar than someone who wants spotlight!! Think about it...and get out more yourself

Oh yes, very convincing- as for the gullible idiots who followed Harold Camping I can only say it serves them right. Stupidity should be punished.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That is my point....Don't believe for one second I don't believe this guy is a liar because he is....By no means am I saying that....I am just saying to be classified as that, I think you need a lot more like my previous examples, not just spotlight....But ruining people's lives in the process of a huge lie....You know what I mean??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That is my point....Don't believe for one second I don't believe this guy is a liar because he is....By no means am I saying that....I am just saying to be classified as that, I think you need a lot more like my previous examples, not just spotlight....But ruining people's lives in the process of a huge lie....You know what I mean??

I agree with that point- but I do think he is also lying when it comes to working on alien spacecraft- not a single shred of proof or a plausible theory who these craft are supposed to work. Wanting to be the spot light and producing crap like this does a tremendous amount of harm to those people who wish to study the subject seriously. So yes, I think it can be just as damaging.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What a lame thread. Regarless of what you think of him - you post some big words with nothing to back it up.

Where is your evidence and proof. Can you provide us any contradictory evidence other than your words hidden behind your anonymous avatar?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
However he can convince me quite easily by explaining in terms of the Einstein Field Equations how the ships work, and what spacetime metric the craft work with...I think you'll find a lot of scientists will take him seriously then.

Why do you say that? If he's for real then he would inevitably have to describe something in those terms that scientists aren't currently aware of, so it would still be "unsupported" unless civilian scientists rebuilt the same equipment, etc.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by timelike
However he can convince me quite easily by explaining in terms of the Einstein Field Equations how the ships work, and what spacetime metric the craft work with...I think you'll find a lot of scientists will take him seriously then.

Why do you say that? If he's for real then he would inevitably have to describe something in those terms that scientists aren't currently aware of, so it would still be "unsupported" unless civilian scientists rebuilt the same equipment, etc.

What rubbish. He has already stated that the craft use a form of gravity wave which are predicted in General relativity. Even if it was something entirely new then we should have had some technical theoretical framework from him showing us the basics of how these things operated. There is no such theory from him at this time

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i wouldnt say that i mean what about his claim for the Alien vehicles and how they operate?

or maybe they werent even alien he just thought they were based on the designs.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Bob Lazar's story has many holes, but one that stands out is his claim
of the US Navy running the alien vehicle program at "Area S4" (Not Area
51 as everyone mistakes).

Let us consider,

If the Roswell crash occurred it happened on US Army Air Force time,
there aren't any ships in the New Mexico desert that I know of.

So if the Roswell crash occurred then the US Army Air Force would be
in control of the matter.

Area 51 and the supposed Area S4 are part of the Nellis test range
controlled by the US Air Force.

It makes no sense to claim that the Navy, concerned with all things
water, would be out in the Nevada desert controlling a UFO research
project.

If the Navy were in control then it makes much more sense to have
the research conducted at the very high security Sandia National
Labs which is run by the Navy or at one of their other high security
facilities in that area.

In explanation of his W2, it makes perfect sense for the Navy to have
a department at Los Alamos because the Navy has lots of nukes
and nukes are mocked-up and designed at Los Alamos.

As a final note, people say "Lazar worked at Los Alamos and they
claimed he never worked there"...

This is true, but it is standard operating procedure.

No information of any kind is EVER given out regarding people that
work in areas of national security, not even the janitors.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I want to believe, I really do. Mr. Lazar seems like a nice guy. He also appears to be very intelligent. The operative word is appears. Those much smarter than I, those with verifiable engineering backgrounds claim he sounds creditable but, in reality, is spewing science-sounding nonsense. Keep in mind, the lynchpin (as is so often the case with far-fetched stories) is something that can’t quantified, or proven exists.

Here are some things I do know: he can’t specify with certainty where he went to school, or what he studied or even what year he graduated. Here’s a clue: do any of you who’ve attended college not remember the exact year you graduated or the years you attended? Of course you do. Mr. Lazar doesn’t. Do you really think ‘they’ could simply erase his college school records? Class attendance? Year book entries? Social club memberships? How about the very memories of people Mr. Lazar has claimed played large roles in his academic career? He claims ‘they’ can, and did.

On the other hand, George Knapp – whom I have great respect for – believes a lot of Mr. Lazar’s story. I said a lot, not all. Mr. Knapp very clearly states Mr. Lazar’s educational records cannot be verified. He also goes on (totally paraphrasing here, these are by no means first hand or direct quotes) to say some parts of Mr. Lazar’s story do seem to check out.Seem to. Reference: the famous story where Mr. Lazar showed Mr. Knapp around some EG&G (?) non-secure, non-secret areas (not at area 51) and reported the employees sis, in fact, know and recognize Mr. Lazar. Wait, wait, wait………I didn’t say he showed Mr. Kapp around Area 51. He didn’t. Disclaimer: it’s been some time since I looked at the huge amount of written info on Mr. Lazar; it’s very possible some of the details I have mentioned are off by a small fraction. So, please allow for slight errors. However, the main thrust of what I am asserting is true as I know it.

What do I think? I think he had a low-level job at EG&G, was aware of area-51, never had a thing to do with the operations there, did a sub-par job and was about to get canned. So, he came out swinging with a total B.S. story he thought would bring pressure to bear on EG&G. I think he thought by “exposing” Area 51, he could somehow take the heat off of him. In fact, what he did was bring attention to the facility that has played a crucial role in U.S. security (think U2 spy plane), thereby diminishing the role Area 51 could/can continue to play. UFO’s at Area 51? Absolutely! They are called the U2, SR-71, A-12 & F-117…….among many others I’m sure. Why would he make such outlandish claims? The simple fact that he knew he could claim anything he wants: how could anyone prove or disprove anything he says central to the story? I don’t think he ever, ever expected the firestorm that erupted with his claims to be anything other than a local affair. When the story took on national prominence, he was trapped. If he backed away from his initial claims, he would forever be discredited as a serious individual, within science, or anywhere else where your word matters. Faced with exposing himself with the truth, or continuing the lie, I think what happened is obvious. IMO, it’s the very reason he (Lazar) despises talking about it. He knows it’s all BS and this many years into it, can’t possibly keep all the lies straight. If you think about it, the ones still carrying the water on his story aren’t Mr. Lazar.

The things we do know: what can be verified, what evidence has been presented (very, very little) what facts can be checked have been. It ain’t pretty for Mr. Lazar.

Bob Lazar's story & claims broken down in detail
Another, make sure to follow the links.
edit on 28-5-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: added links

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If Bob Lazar knew what he claimed he wouldn't of lasted this long.
He is a damn good entertainer though.

new topics

top topics

join