It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove's Latest Ad Campaign: Our Bodywash Will Turn A Black Woman White

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by davesmart

Cheers Dave

Though I was going to add to it just now....

Australia is a multicultral country with every skin colour imaginable,its funny how the KFC AD was only seen as racist to those in AMERICA when we all heard about it on the news (In utter disbelief)after it had been running for ages here already.

The world cup means its a world cup,not the Australia cup,yet were there any screams of racism from the rest of the world about the KFC AD,nope.Just America,who would have thunk it.

And if anything it shows how racist they are to think that everyones the same as them with their problems all around the world.Kinda like saying African Americans or any darker skined person likes fried chicken in every country.

sorry double post
thx m8 everyone is quick to jump on the bandwagon without looking or reading
an old saying "engage brain before opening mouth"
edit on 24-5-2011 by davesmart because: added

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
we have seem to developed into a species that now looks at everything with the sole purpose of finding fault with it.

This describes some conspiracy theorists perfectly.

But yeah, some people just need to lighten up (not the OP, necessarily, just people that fit into what JohnySeagull said).

Indeed, I know they weren't trying to be racist but they should have known that people would have found this and decided to brandish it with racist because they want to cause a stir.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I was shocked this morning when I saw Dove's latest ad campaign, it featured a photo of three women of different skin tones and the words 'before' and 'after' above them, giving the impression that if you use their skin wash it will turn your skin white!! How they heck did this one get through the net!!

Check the ad out here.

Err, the backround color doesn't represent the skin color of the user.

The backround in Before, shows highly damaged and dead skin. The after, shows healthy, restored skin.

Think some one is "a reachin" a bit here.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Originally posted by banandar123

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
we have seem to developed into a species that now looks at everything with the sole purpose of finding fault with it.

This describes some conspiracy theorists perfectly.

But yeah, some people just need to lighten up (not the OP, necessarily, just people that fit into what JohnySeagull said).

Indeed, I know they weren't trying to be racist but they should have known that people would have found this and decided to brandish it with racist because they want to cause a stir.

thats the power of advertising, subliminal thoughts and you are all screaming blood.
if more people paid attention, you would see this.
all i see from everyones post is that if a black person is associated with chicken that means theyr chicken loving stereo typed black people, like in films such as me myself and irene, and chicken george from roots.......

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phixion

Sort of the opposite of this...

Get black from self tanning products
www.sunless.com...

Achieving a dark sunless tan, or even a medium sunless tan, takes time and lots of practice. It requires proper application, and getting familiar with what works best with your skin — not a special product.

Sun Laboratories Dark Sunsation Self Tanning Lotion - Very Dark

Extended Vacation Moroccan Mineral - Dark Self-Tanning Lotion

edit on 24-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ad not racist,

But is that the soap Micheal Jackson used.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Ad not racist,

But is that the soap Micheal Jackson used.

hahaha best laugh all day cheers...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Racist? Good God.. Its sure easy to see who here has never had a friendship or relationship with anyone who isnt white.

With blemishes and dry skin my brown skin and black folks darker skin gets uneven pigmentation.. we both use products to even out skin tone FFS.

Grow up and get out of your little white bubble.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join