It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Been 750 or something days since the Senate last passed a budget.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) may consider it “foolish” for Democrats to propose a budget, what with Joe Biden on the brink of solving the debt crisis and all. But Republican Senators are furious that, given the economic circumstances, the Democratic-controlled Senate has gone more than 750 days without passing an actual budget.

And heres a bit from the letter sent to Reid.

It has now been 754 days since the Senate last passed a budget. We have less than six months remaining until the start of the new fiscal year and the Senate has yet to produce a basic budget plan to substantively address our grave fiscal crisis. With our nation officially reaching the $14.3 trillion debt limit last week, we urge you to take the steps necessary to bring a FY2012 budget forward in committee and on the floor for an open, honest, and serious debate.

When I first saw this, I thought "Wow, thats a pretty long time". But Im not sure if this has happened before. Anyone know whats the longest amount of time has been for the Senate not passing a budget?

Cant say I have high hopes for either party.

I looked at a few of the comments in the article and one said that the House must be the one to introduce revenue bills. Heres what the comment said

Wait, why would the Senate propose a budget? Doesn't Article I, Section 7 state that all revenue bills shall originate in the House of Representatives?

Another comment says this.

It grates on my nerves that NOT ONCE does this letter state that the Senate is LEGALLY obligated to pass a budget, and that failing to do so for 750+ days calls into question the LEGITIMACY of the tribunal.

Im getting pretty confused on this whole issue now.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Read quite a few of my posts from previous threads and this answers why we are operating without a budget.

join