It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Of A Currency, End Of An Empire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

dont-tread-on.me

Secondly, the depreciation of the dollar has been going on for almost a century already. Since the Privately and Foreign Owned Federal Reserve crawled out of Jekyll Island, we have lost 98% of its purchasing power. Just to burn this in your brain think about this, if you saved a $100 Federal Reserve Note or 5 $20 gold pieces from 1913 you would have dramatically different out comes. That $100 FRN now has the equivalent purchasing of $2 back then. You could only buy 1/15 of an ounce of one of those 5 gold coins now. If you had those same 5 $20 gold pieces they would be worth 5x $1,500= $7,500.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Among the many other concerns confronting and challenging America today is the issue of an economy on the edge of collapse. We lose the value of a piece of paper we are told is our pay, our savings, our investment for the future and we also lose much, much more as did ancient Rome and other empires in the past. How much time do we have left under these current circumstances? Are prices really going up on food, gas, taxes and other commodities simply because they cost more to produce or is it because the security of our dollar's value is being willfully violated by an out of control government that doesn't seem to know when to stop spending? Is history repeating itself and what, if anything, can we do to stop it?

dont-tread-on.me

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

In my honest opinion I do not think we can stop it. We are indeed at the end of an era. What is the next era going to be? I say high tech planes aka UFO's, Free Energy, no more gas.

Each era builds upon itself, or at least the ones we know about. Now ask yourself why our Governments are starting wars left and right and why did they build the Georgia Guidestones. Do they know something?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sadly, it will not be stopped. In the meantime there will be a war to cull out a major element of the population and most likely return to gold backed currency.

Sad but true

edit on 24-5-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What would $100 dollars now look like then? How much would it be?
(I tried to do the math but I hate math)

I should have takin more math classes along with our government
edit on 24-5-2011 by Common Good because: so what

edit on 24-5-2011 by Common Good because: I edited this post like 5 times already

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2

In my honest opinion I do not think we can stop it. We are indeed at the end of an era. What is the next era going to be? I say high tech planes aka UFO's, ==>> Free Energy

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
How is this news?

It's just more speculation and we've seen plenty of that on here already.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It would still be $100 but it would buy you 50 times as much ($100 / $2 = 50).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2

In my honest opinion I do not think we can stop it. We are indeed at the end of an era. What is the next era going to be? I say high tech planes aka UFO's, Free Energy, no more gas.

Each era builds upon itself, or at least the ones we know about. Now ask yourself why our Governments are starting wars left and right and why did they build the Georgia Guidestones. Do they know something?

You are totally on the money, this is the death throes of the old order and the new one is something outside of the control of the ptb, they are just trying to ride the zeitgiest as best they can when it comes along.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

dont-tread-on.me

Secondly, the depreciation of the dollar has been going on for almost a century already. Since the Privately and Foreign Owned Federal Reserve crawled out of Jekyll Island, we have lost 98% of its purchasing power. Just to burn this in your brain think about this, if you saved a $100 Federal Reserve Note or 5 $20 gold pieces from 1913 you would have dramatically different out comes. That $100 FRN now has the equivalent purchasing of $2 back then. You could only buy 1/15 of an ounce of one of those 5 gold coins now. If you had those same 5 $20 gold pieces they would be worth 5x $1,500= $7,500.

I do not see how inflation is a bad thing. You seem to make it out to be the worst thing imaginable. A healthy inflation rate is a good thing.
The Fed is a not a privately owned bank. The article is factually inaccurate.
The article is a doom and gloom article and the author has no idea as to what reality is.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Gloom and doom? There's nothing gloom and doom about the article. Far out I cant believe the people on this forum, everything is gloom and doom if its not about making one feel warm and fuzzy.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Stupid article.

In 1900 the average US percapita incomee was $4200 - adjusted to 1999 dollars - in 1999 it was about $33,700.

The average hourly rate (in 1999 dollars) was $3.80 in 1900, vs $13.90 in 1999

Inflation reducing the purchasing power of the US$ is utterly irrelevant unless you also compare it to the number of $$'s being earned.

top topics

join