It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New date for the end of the world - Oct. 21 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Camping, the 89-year-old East Bay preacher who gained international fame with his prediction that the rapture would come at 6 p.m. Saturday, said that he misinterpreted the Bible and that May 21 was not really the end of the world but the spiritual beginning of the physical end.

"Were not changing a date at all; we're just learning that we have to be a little more spiritual about this," he said in a rambling 90-minute radio broadcast that was part sermon, part press conference. "But on Oct. 21, the world will be destroyed. It won't be five months of destruction. It will come at once."

source

So Camping agrees that he is wrong again. I wonder what he will do on October 21...

BTW familyradio.com has new design now, and no signs of "the end of the world" predictions. The billboards will be taken off too...
edit on 24-5-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yet another date. Someone will hit it one day, but not this guy.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AstraCat

Source link isn't working.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

His original prophecy was that the Rapture would begin on May 21st and end on October 21st, when the entire world would be destroyed. This is not a new prophecy, although since May 21st was uneventful, I seriously doubt October 21st will be any different.
edit on 5/24/2011 by banandar123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think Harold forgot to carry the 1

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Gotta milk every last dollar out of the superstitious and gullible,this man should be arrested for being a public nuisance and forced to pay for the funerals of anyone who suicided because of him or like the nutter John of Patmos banished to an island.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Somehow he has got to be making money with his 'end of times' scams.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
We should start a rumor about a world end date, then when it gets close just say "We were joking, stop believing every single thing you hear, idiots"

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I guess this guy just doesnt know how to admit that he was wrong, or better yet give up making a fool of himself.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves

Definitely, dude. From all the people that have invested in his cause, I've heard figures in the 10's of millions of dollars. Not sure about the 1994 prediction, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of his nutcase followers "assassinate" him, if that's the right word for it, after losing a lot of money.

There was one guy that spent $140,000 on subway station advertisements for the cause. That's not really profit for him, but it helps to gain followers that will then contribute to the cause, and I'm sure a lot of their donations make it into his pockets.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Of course he has a new date,

it's quite easy to proclaim it was the 'Spiritual Awaking Phase' and the 'Rapture' will commence at 'X'

That's why this Fairytale Book is nonsense, 100 people can interpret it 100 different ways

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

I have no doubt he's making a lot of money off of real fools.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think it's time to put Daddy in a home!! Second line same as the first!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

Source link isn't working.

Thanks. Corrected the link

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves

I wonder if he really collected so much money that could afford billboards and broadcasts around the world...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123

His original prophecy was that the Rapture would begin on May 21st and end on October 21st, when the entire world would be destroyed. This is not a new prophecy, although since May 21st was uneventful, I seriously doubt October 21st will be any different.

Now he says that the world is not going to be ending for 5 months... Everything will be over at once.

BTW if I understood correctly there will be no advertisement campaign this time

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This guy should be taken to court and jail for the lives he has ruined with his so called predictions of the end of the world. It sickens me to see this and of course I am not surprised he has changed his story. Miscalculated it from the Bible, get real dude this is all bullsheeet.
The end of the world is coming soon FOR YOU CAMPING as you are 89 YRS OLD. You for your sake unfortunately will not be around when the world does end, whenever that is.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

I think he has to read the Bible more attentively

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Now he says that the world is not going to be ending for 5 months... Everything will be over at once.

It's still not exactly a "new" date, but I see what you mean now. I know there were a lot of casual believers in the May 21st prediction, but I think they were all turned off by the (non)outcome of it. In my opinion, since the casual believers are mostly gone, we can count anyone who believes in the October 21st prophecy as insane.

It reminds me of Napoleon: a once great leader, many followers, sent into exile after his plans are thwarted (Camping is, in essence, in exile right now), riles up his most hardcore followers in an attempt to regain his power (Camping's October 21st prophecy), the plan is thwarted once again and we never hear of him again until he makes the history books. The only difference is that Camping won't make the history books (let's hope, anyway).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
October 22nd, 12:01 a.m.

In a small church a thin elderly man slowly stands up before a rather large congregation packed in the hall from end to end.
Slowly he looks around him at his followers, glancing from face to face.
Every eye he meets is filled with questioning confusion.
The murmur of the mass slowly rises to clamor of indignation until the elderly man clears his throat, then silence abruptly falls upon them, all attention on him.
He raises before him an arm, a finger pointed towards his flock.

He then says,
"But wait! The Lord has given me a new date!"

What followed...well, let's just say, it want pretty.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How about a charge of 'Inducing Panic"? They use it around here on a regular basis.

If you walk across the street with a rifle in your hand, Inducing Panic.
If you make freaky gestures to strangers, Inducing Panic.

I think this guy's actions fall under the same law.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join