It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What knife do you carry??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Gil Hibben GH5011 autoassist folder. Never leave home without it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
the Blackhawk Trocar

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
custom pattern welded folder in pocket, for EDC ( every day carry) when a bigger blade would get funny looks...
otherwise I keep a Pattern welded custom skinner/tracker with baystate custom leather hroizontal draw sheathn with me.
I ALWAYS have a blade, a way to start a way to find direction. I was a Scout and never forgot those rules.
Better to have a blade and not need it, than to need one and not have one.

This is for everyday.
For treks into the woods, I carry several other blades that are more suited to the terrain.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A Tanto Fixed Blade, In a Sleeve of Fermented Piss, because i'm hostile to no one or anything, but if you want it and ask for it, your going to get it, a nasty infection and probably death from horrid fever. Only to be used in my last breath so they get the point. Life is full of symbology, surely you didn't think i would sneak a few silent words before i slip away did you =P ?
edit on 20-8-2011 by iescapedcreation because: Clarification.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zirazira

Dont carry in city usually..
Out in the woods I carry a Kabar straight edge with the upper clip sharpened.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I should add..My wife carries an old, repolished Bokker damascus "magnetic steel" straight razor with custom scales in her purse.
I tried to get her a can of pepper spray once..
She said :
" If someone attacks me, the last thing I want to do is spray cologne at them."
Point taken.
Besides, I never argue with a woman who's blade is sharper than mine.

edit on 8/31/1111 by BadNinja68 because: typos everywhere!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
In my truck I have a rather controversial blade, not sure I want to post up what it is but I'm sure you can figure out what it is because they are quite popular, on my person I carry a decent dual bladed knife.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Always have a spyderco tenacious on me, my backpack wich i have almost all the time with me contains a kershaw chill and a extreme ratio shrapnel (indestructable little bastard
)
greetz from belgium
edit on 28-12-2011 by drneville because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A knife makes a great side arm but I carry a 9mm on my side. Your main focus should be a firearm, if conceal and carry is legal in your state.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
im afraid i dont carry a knife as it is illegal in the uk, If i had the choice i wouldnt carry one due too the risk of my own safety with it. however if it was possible i would carry a katana

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessiana

Wow , you guys are brainwashed.

I EDC a Ka-Bar LEO TDI
edit on 31-12-2011 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Pulling a knife is a good way to get yourself shot. Someone starts to beat on you, so you pull a knife in self defense. The guy backs off (as you hoped he would)... he then pulls a gun and blows your head off.

A good lawyer would get him off, too.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessiana

Knives are first and foremost tools that are used in numerous trades, hobbies and when camping outdoors.... My first pocket knife was given to me by my great uncle when I was 7 years old and not long after that I got my second knife when I was a Cub Scout... I only know of a couple of people that have used a knife as a weapon and one was a Marine in a situation where firing a pistol or rifle could have killed friendly forces inside a perimeter that was being over run... One guy had to beat a sapper to death with a hand grenade.... The British walk on the left side of walkways due to having at one time carried swords that would have been impossible to draw and wield with their right hand with a wall or building to their right... You never here of riots here over a football or baseball game but the same can't be said for the British.... That is probably why there is laws forbidding citizens (subjects) from carrying a knife.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well if I could, I would say a 12" meat cleaver, but that's just me, JK!

I have my Leatherman Wave on my belt at all times!! I use it everyday.
Its serves me well in ANY and EVERY situation. I had to take care of
business at the Court House in Downtown Anchorage and they let me
right in because I said I am in construction and its my tool, but made a
another man leave his 3" pocket knife at the security check point, maybe
because its viewed as a weapon? The blade on my Leatherman is at
least 4". When I was downstairs he asked how the hell I still had my
Leatherman on my side, I laughed and said to him that I told the officer
it was my tool for work. But do not get me wrong, the officer downstairs
was a little rude to me and never took his eyes off of me.

Oh yeah, I was there to replace my Social Security Card. BTW, I was
there for 7 hours. My Govt. fails again, I'll stop there.
Like I said, It comes in handy in damn near EVERY situation.... HEHEHE

I also have a 14" custom hand-made machete that an African friend brought to me and that one stays in my truck for those damn inconvenient situations that may come! Zombies and what-nots. I've yet to have a chance to use it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Heres a question what knife do you carry around most of the time...
In the city and outside...

Sorry guys if i disrespect any one, but remind me never to go to America! do you really need to cary weapons everywhere?

I only carry a knife when i go on fishing trips, and thats a fishing knife.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
my EDC is a cold-steel AK47...... sounds intimidating but its just a damned handy pocket knife and I cant even begin to list the number of times its been useful, I hate the bad rep anyone carrying a knife garners these days (and im not even 25) the pocket knife is a tool and nothing more with myriad applications, I have never threatened anyone with it nor intend to (I've never even thrown a punch)

if anyone has a recommendation for a knife of equal or better quality (must be folding) of similar size and style I'd love to hear from you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is pretty well accepted practice of old guys in rural areas to hang out at a local Dairy Queen or other business and show off their pocket knives and trade them back and forth with each other... Even in old movies it is a common scene where a group of old men are sitting on a bench and whittling away on pieces of wood while carrying on a conversation.. Knives are about as basic tool that a person can have but most people aren't aware of this because they never use them or if they have one or more in their kitchen they are so dull that using one of them is impossible... I suppose we have frozen dinners and other prepared foods that can be thrown together and heated to feed themselves and family... As a Christmas gift to my 2 bachelor brothers in law I sharpened all of the knives that they had in their kitchen... One of them came in and picked one up to cut something up and was startled that it was as sharp as it was.. He had never used a sharp kitchen knife before... I was working on another one and showed him I could effortlessly shave hair off of my arm with it and he was amazed.. My wife told him that all of our kitchen knives were that sharp... One of my father's businesses was a butcher shop that I worked at on weekends and after school when I was young so I was taught how to put an edge on a blade and maintain it with a steel when I was still in grade school... He also sold German made Eye Brand knives from a display case on the counter of his grocery store... If you really want to stab someone a sharpened screwdriver is every bit as effective as any knife except for a double edged dagger which is illegal to carry by anyone except someone in the military...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1

Heres a question what knife do you carry around most of the time...
In the city and outside...

Sorry guys if i disrespect any one, but remind me never to go to America! do you really need to cary weapons everywhere?

I only carry a knife when i go on fishing trips, and thats a fishing knife.

First and foremost, we carry knives as a utility device. We americans like to be prepared for adversity...and we use them to open boxes, cut rop or twine, even opening the occasional bit of traditional postal correspondence.
I use my folder to slice more sandwiches than anything else.

As far as carrying a weapon, knives are a last resort to common sense and avoidance of bad situations.
Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

However, in America, we CAN carry them, so we sometimes do..responsibly, I might add..
Rights are like muscles.. exercise them or lose them.
You see, we in America feel adults ARE responsible enough to carry knives.

Thanks for reminding me not to visit your country, where your government thinks adults are not responsible enough to carry a knife in public.

Im a knifemaker, so Im also very biased

my "work" EDC...because I can.

s1085.photobucket.com...

s1085.photobucket.com...

s1085.photobucket.com...

God Bless the USA.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1

As long as the criminals carry weapons, so will I.

I'm sorry to hear your entire country is a posted victim zone. When you are being stabbed to death in an alleyway in the middle of the night, at least you'll take comfort knowing that you are a law abiding, unarmed citizen.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've always heard that the next worse thing to being a loser in a knife fight, is being a winner... Only a damn fool would want to be either.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join