It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What knife do you carry??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I dont carry knives lol. Pretty safe where i am.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I carry a Buck 110 or my Gerber Im a mechanic I use knives for my work .I dont carry a knife for defence.im lisenced to carry a firearm..DONT CARRY A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a lot of people are going nuts over carrying a knife as a weapon. They are completely ignorant of the fact that a knife is a tool. I carry large folder that I recieved as "gift" when I ordered some things from a company in Minnisota. I though it would be a throwaway, but it has turned out to be one of the best pocket knives I've ever owned. Holds a really sharp edge, heavy enough to be let you know it's there, light enough to control.
I also have a couple of different Leaterman's. I usually have the folder in my pocket, and one of the other two on my hip when I'm at work.
I have used my knives to cut meat when eating in a food court, since that plastic crap will break when you look at it.
For those of you who think those of us who carry knives are scared, or paranoid, get over it. I was a Boy Scout, and I still follow their motto. "Be Prepared."

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i carry a CRKT M16-14SF vary handy and has lileraly saved my life before!
2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Normal pocket carry is a no name Tanto spring assisted "emergency" tool. Seat belt cutter and glass breaker and the one hand spring assist open. I have to sharpen it once a month, but again, it's just the standard pocket knife I keep on me all the time.

If I am going out into the woods or fishing or hunting I take a Gerber magnum 5 inch folder. The blade is 1/4 inch thick. I could pry open a safe with that thing, and it holds a razor sharp edge for months.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I carry a Pink Benchmade Mini Griptilian, I love it. My boyfriend carries a Cold Steel Rajah 2, that knife is awesome!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I've carried a small pocket knife on my keyring since I was 9 and I don't even know how often I've used it. It's great for the little things you come across.
It's 1 of these

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i carry an 8inch blade with me

might be small but i got mine to a razor sharp edge! if someone even tries to kill me they would end up losing a finger or an eye

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I carry a Gerber switchblade combat knife the Army issued me while in Afghanistan. It never leaves me.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You will go to jail in the UK if you are found carrying a knife, because we aren't allowed guns we have a disproportionate amount of knife crime.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

That sounds like a terrible existence! I feel for the people of the UK. I think every human being needs at least one knife. I mean, what if you need to open a letter or a person's chest?

Oh, and every once in a while i do carry my 13 inch SOG knife on my lower back. Very uncomfortable though.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i generally carry a kershaw speed bump, but if im in the woods, i carry a gerber sheath knife.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It really depends on what I'm doing as to what I carry. AS a pocket knife I carry the Spyderco Police. My other EDC is the SOG Pentagon. On my gear and for camping I carry a handmade 12" blade Bowie knife. I have multiple knives, for multiple tasks. You can't have enough good knives. ;-)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
in the city i jus carry a simple winchester folder in a case on my belt, in the bush i carry... well it depends on what I want it for haha i got like 4 different ones

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I never leave home without my 12 year old 5 inch blade balisong. I use it all the time for practical purposes and luckily have never needed it for defense from man nor beast... and I know several fancy and quick openings with both hands. I own several other balisongs and fixed blades but always carry this one.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I prefer a Cold Steel City Stick for protection.. I have carried a cane for years.... In have only been in a position where I came close to using a knife on someone but the distraction of the polished blade and a foot planted in his crotch took the fight out of him.... The Cold Steel Voyager XL is huge for a lock blade but comfortable to carry but after the incident I already mentioned I decided to start leaving it at home.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Have a CRKT folder 3" blade or so. Love that knife, so it's in my pocket almost anywhere I go.. Has a double safety lock on it, and has saved my fingers from accidental closure on too many occasions. Great tool to have in the inventory in my opinion. Cutting rope, cleaning fingernails, prying someones cold dead fingers from their gun (hehe).

My favorite fixed blade is one my bro got for me for christmas 4 or 5 years back. SOG Seal w/ kydex sheath. Probably the best weight and just right leverage that I've come across. Need another fixed blade one of these days for superior skinning of animal hides and for fleshing, so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get one without the serrated.

But I don't know how many times my little pocket knife has come in hand. Like one day I was driving dirt roads out in the middle of nowhere. Got a second flat, and before I lost all air, I had the ingenuity to grab a piece of brush (no trees out this way) and whittle a plug to shove in it. Plug was so good, the air held for a solid week, hehe. Without a sharp tool, I woulda been pretty royally screwed, not a lot of cell service in this region, and not a lot of travelers on roads that go nowhere.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Normally a Schrade Sharpfinger on the belt. For situations where open carry of even a small fixed blade would raise eyebrows i.e. business attire situations, a "first date", etc. a Spyderco Endura (non-serrated) in the pocket.
edit on 10-8-2011 by collateraldamage because: forgot to mention the edge type

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I carry a SOG Trident with the tanto blade open assist... actually probably shouldn't because not even a cop gave me a definitive answer if it were legal to carry (because of the open assist)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Ten hours ago I picked up an order of eight lock blade folders and eight fixed blade knives... Every so often when I find some decent quality knifes for sale at reduced prices online, I will stock up... I like to put a suitable edge on the individual knives for my own use, to give as impromptu gifts and some better quality knives for Christmas gifts for specific friends and family members that I know will use and appreciate them... Knives are one of the first tools developed and used by mankind. They are as basic to survival as food, shelter and clothing, all of which knives or other edged tools have been utilized to provide... A lot of single edge knives that are referred to as being a fighting knife like the Ka-Bar sheath knife issued to Marines from WW2 until after the Vietnam era and still issued to Israel's special forces is far more likely to be used as a camp knife than as a weapon..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join