It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What knife do you carry??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I currently carry a Frost Clipper. Came nearly shaving sharp. Used to carry Spiderco Native w/ combo edge, but the Crucible steel was too hard and chipped in several places. Most good folders are very expensive, so I carry a fixed. Now I just need a sharpening system, any recommendations, especially for scandi grinds?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

I got my OTF knife at a small shop near where I live that sells a lot of weapons, armor, and steel products.

I'm sure you can find them online.
edit on 26-5-2011 by renegadeS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zirazira

I agree. Kershaw. Best knife you can get for the price. If you wanna spend some serious money, Benchmade's are really nice, but Kershaw all the way.

This knife is my favorite carry knife. Spring assist, carried for years, had battery acid spilled on it. Keeps an edge, and never had a single problem.

edit on 31-5-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
EDC: Kerhaw Blur, CRKT neck-knife, and sometimes, a Gerber Profile or Buck Paklite as a boot-knife.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i carry a buck 110 in a leather belt pouch i use it at work and carry it everywhere..i live in texas and have never had a problem with police..im 62 years old working man..now if i was 18 with sagging pants and a i smoke dope t shirt wearing my hat sideways ..i might have a problem..just my opinion

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Is that the "chive"? The Ken Onion series is fantastic...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I can't remember. It's been something like 4 years since I bought it, and been carrying it since. I've only had to sharpen it 4 or five times and I use it all the time.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's the 1800 Mini Mojo. I used to have a Chive though now that I think about it. Lost it. I was pissed!! The chive was similar and if I remember correctly it had a manual safety latch at the butt end of the handle, this one has a safety built in to the release tang of the blade, so when you push it to open the blade, it automatically un-latches.
edit on 3-6-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And I got pulled over on my bike and searched, the cop just asked "what's this, oh, a pocket knife? I'll just put this in your bag here for our safety". I had a backpack on to carry books for a training class I was riding home from, and he pulled me over for my plate being mounted sideways and not having mufflers. He didn't have a problem with me carrying it though. And I live in Illinois, who has some of the most bull$hit weapons laws in the country.

A folding pocket knife is a tool, not a weapon.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I just recently bought a joker surgical steel spring knife, Its like a switchblade but not.

Whats the limit of the knives length before its illegal?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Like this one?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cool little knife, but the blade flops around too much, and kinda flimsy. Fun to have, though, and good for cutting tape, paper or string.

It all depends on where you live. Knife laws vary by state, county, and locality. I would look up the weapons laws for your state, then county. Should be able to find them online.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A lot of people disparage knives,for whatever reason...Ill carry one until they plant me for the following reason if no other....I recently ran across a story of an encounter in Iraq,a few years ago....two Marines went into a building and encountered 8 insurgents...one Marine was wounded at once leaving one man to handle all 8...the end of the fight had that one Marine finishing off the last insurgent with his folding Spyderco in a chest to chest fight....now I prefer Cold Steel but the point is,if it gets down to the n*t cutting,as long as you have a blade,you are not unarmed...the rest is up to you

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Whats the limit of the knives length before its illegal?

It varies on a state by state basis. If you're unsure of your local knife laws, you'd better check. The last thing you want is to get a weapons charge.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/255117672a37.jpg[/atsimg]

Schrade Old Timer strapped to the outside of my right thigh.

Enough said.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by acupof

Kershaw is a quality blade but I still prefer Cold Steel....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I carry a Gerber Guardian handle down. it has a speed sheath and is flat black.

You wont even know I have it in my hand.

I've carried one since 1980 when I was in the FMF as a classified document courier.

I never use it to clean my nails

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thats looks more like a lower leg/shin...never seen a thigh taper like that

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by acupof

Seems like a pretty good price. I don't have any experience with that particular model, but I know Kershaw makes a quality product, and for $26 shipped, that seems like a hell of a deal.

Even the cheaper models you find at Walmart are better quality than anything in the same price range, IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i carry the old muela scoprion on my belt just for safety when i go out hunting or freaky places.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join