It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What knife do you carry??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
When I'm not at school I carry a fixed blade my by a small company called Jaguar.
They don't make my particular knife anymore, but it looks similar to this.

www.emergencymatters.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If I wanted to stab someone, without raising the alarm first, I would pull a bic from my jacket and ram it in their throat.

You do not need a knife to cause damage. Virtually any implement may be turned into a weapon in seconds.
Just cause it aint a knife, don't mean it aint dangerous.

Intent is dangerous, stuff aint.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

This just shows to go you that if you ban guns you will get knife crime...

if you ban knives people will use something else...

IT IS NOT THE TOOL THAT IS AT FAULT HERE... IT IS THE DEFECTIVE WHO USES IT!

Eventually even prisons learned they cannot even have toothbrushes or standard items because if a defective wants to use "A TOOL" for bad he or she will...

Banning everything and creating 100 new laws every week is not going to make the world a safer place sir or madam... And if knife crime is going up, banning knives will only mean HAMMER crime will increase or something else... eeeeek... come on man use your brain!

I do not know how many ways you can explain the fact that a knife has 1001 uses daily! Letter opener to box opener to a billion other uses.

Where your brain is defective is that you think that the item is a weapon when it is a tool. Cars are used to kill people to, I am sure you drive so does that make you a COWARD? so childish...

edit on 5/25/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Alright guys. This thread is about what knife people carry. Not whether one should, or the politics surrounding it.

On that note, the MTech I posted a few pages back is among the better knives I've owned in a long time.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK
reply to post by Homedawg

Here no knives cant be carried...

A person carrying a knife here generally means they are upto no good! Also the ammount of stabbings that happen here crazy, pathetic and kind of sick of reading about it.

Question should come from and be aimed at people who go hunting etc but instead hes saying ''I carry knives in the city'' :S

Personally I wouldnt want anyone nowhere near me whether on the tube, bus etc knowing they are in possession.

Silly thread to be honest.
edit on 24-5-2011 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

Soo... nobody can carry a knife, yet there are stabbings all the time? What does that tell you? Silly post to be honest.

I bet American criminals are jealous of people over there. Your criminals don't have to worry about going up against an armed individual.

If you people have a problem with us carrying knives, then ignore this thread. Go back to whatever else you were doing. You people saying we don't need to carry a knife, is like me saying none of you need to carry cell phones. I don't have a cell phone, therefore you don't need one either. It's faulty logic, if you want a cell phone, cool. I want, and do carry a knife. Deal with it. Your complaining and whining isn't accomplishing anything.

Anyway, I usually carry either my Gerber folder or an automatic Kershaw. I also have a concealed carry permit, so the knife isn't for defensive purposes, but if I'm going somewhere I can't carry, then the knife takes on that duty as well.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My razor sharp wit isnt going to deter a rapist. A slice across the penis...just might. I have carried a knife on my person since I was a teenager....only had to pull it once. Usually when women have "incidents", its with someone who wants to get up close and personal...smell your hair a bit. Its times like those when a knife is the perfect choice, especially if you know what to aim for and its in easy reach. Could I cut someone?...oh yes. The memory of him screaming bloody murder would be like music compared to heavy breathing in my ear as he got his rocks off. Also, I believe in proficiency.....no matter what weapon/tool you use. I have learned to use my blades and am not the "wild stab in the dark" type. People who dont get to know the things that they carry dont deserve to carry them. If anything, I would like to create a special line of blades just for women.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Homedawg

I gave an opinion....you bashed me

You gave me reasons why you needed a knife, i answered honestly.

I see hunting knives in shopping malls, cinema, walking the streets in a gang, as weapons not tools.

EDIT: Im a foe haha, cheers
Its nothing personal, its just different beliefs for different reasons

edit on 24-5-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

The OP never asked what ANYONE thought about carrying knives!!! He asked those of us that do carry knives what kind we carry. You and everyone else who has an opinion about carring knives shouldn't even be posting in the thread. The question was what knife... not if it's right or wrong.
Some people...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Indeed. As the FSME of the Weapons and Tactics forum it is partly my responsibility to inform participants of the fact that this forum is NOT a political or a social issues forum. It is called WEAPONS AND TACTICS and it is to discuss weapons and tactics PERIOD.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Somehow ya'll got replies to homedawg as if I were attacking you for carrying knives...not me...I dont know how you got homedawg in an anti-knife situation but I carry two Cold Steel's,one folder and one fixed ALL THE TIME...and I dont think carrying a knife is a bad thing...do what you want...the mod that said this was a "what do you carry" thread is correct...not a "dp you approve of carrying"...leave homedawg out of your squabbles....if you quote me,quote me correctly

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A Swiss army style knife, pocket knife or a leathermen are legitimate tools, I agree completely. I'm sorry I just can't see the justification of carrying a large military combat knife in a sheath around in public. Unless you're hunting, fishing or hiking what's the point of wearing it to the Walmart? It just seems like over compensation.

I would guess that most of the knives in this thread aren't Even legal to carry.

To answer the op if I was going camping I'd take my wusthof.

edit on 25-5-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Depends on where you live...we have a law that covers a large blade"by intent"...if you work where you need a large knife,and are in a work related situation,ie: on the way to or from work,stopping off on the way to and from work,stuff like that,you can carry whatever you want...we are a knife friendly state.....you cant make a blanket statement about carrying knives on a forum with worldwide coverage.....telling me I cant or shouldnt carry what i carry if you live in Wales or somewhere else off the wall wont work...nor is it fair....
edit on 5/25/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

edit on 5/25/2011 by Homedawg because: clarity

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
although i never carry a knife on my person, its always handy to have one nearby(car glove box, kitchen draw etc).
I prefer the low budget folding knifes, the get the job done, and I dont get to pi$$d when I lose them(i always lose knives).

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

This thread is about WHAT KIND OF KNIFE you carry,

NOT WHY or anything else.

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Carrying a knife does not make you gutless. It's much like wearing a condom, not only is it your choice, but it can save your life.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join