It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Never happened to me.
Might tonight.

If it does and I post it, nobody will believe me

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviantcoil
I have had that problem. It happens quite often, maybe once a month, sounds like someone's calling for me but then it goes away. Maybe it's bill collectors with new methods.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i haven't experienced it, and i don't know if someone else has brought this up, but..

maybe it's just your subconscious trying to tell you that you have forgotten something important.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've experienced this many times. I was sleeping and a voice which sounded like my mothers yelled out my name. Yet i was home alone...

My mother on the other hand always yelled out my name, mainly to get my hind out of bed to get ready for school... Perhaps my mind is "remembering" those times?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I have been waiting for a thread like this.

There are at least two identically themed threads that I can remember.
This one was great fun to read. It's from way back when this site was still good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-5-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

that's funny - one night I had my, ah, bum sticking out of the covers...and it got slapped - hard! Woke up and yelled at my husband - but he was sound asleep and facing the other direction!!!! I no longer sleep with my bum hanging out - and this was almost 9 years ago.

Also, one time, I was laying in bed - husband was watching TV...and I heard a thunderous crackle - and then a boom...and then I heard a voice that said (very deep and def. male) "YOU MUST LISTEN". I sat straight up and asked him if he heard that - all I got was a look from him as though I had lost my mind.

I don't know what it was -but that was the last time I meditated. LOL.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread ,and I've enjoyed reading the posts,and have a few things to add.

The first time I heard my name being said..I was wide awake. ..I was about 19,and was visiting my parents. We were getting ready to go to church,and I heard a female voice say my name,very softly. The wierd part is she said in it french,and no one said my name in french,not even my parents.(at the time I was convinced it was my guardian angel)

I have heard things on and off through the rest of my life. Most of the time awake. I have heard a gunshot..like it was right next to my head..then I smelled gunsmoke.

Once while visiting family, about 4 years ago, I was sitting in a corner,and just privately (in my mind) hoping/praying the best for them. The oddest thing happened..it was like an evil energy type thing came out of the floor,and I heard voices say be careful,in a warning type of way....like I shouldn't intrude on what they wanted.

Most of all,I hear people crying..like sobs..and once I thought it was my sister crying. Phoned her up, after not being in contact for quite awhile,and asked her if everything was ok. She said not really. I asked her if she had been crying in the last few days,and she said she had been.

I thought I was nutz, but reading other people post about it, I see its more common than I thought,which is rather relieving. I know when I am afraid of something ,my imagination works overtime....but it still puzzles me when I hear things,and I wonder what the reason is behind it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've had this happen a few times, right as I was trying to fall asleep...but I always figured it was my mind winding down. I've also heard people talking to one another, as if they were talking about me; but again, as I was falling asleep.
Only twice have I ever had this happen where it scared the living # out of me.
Once, when I was driving home from work, I had my music up loud, and I was driving my Mustang convertible home on the interstate (those of you who have convertibles...or at least ratted and torn tops know the awful noise they make), and I distinctly heard a voice yell my name into my right ear, as if they were sitting in the passenger seat. It freaked me out for days.
The second time, I was at work, and no one was there (grave shift at a hotel back then), and this was right around the same time as the car incident...and again, someone had shouted my name into my ear. Clear as day...not a soul in sight.

I've got goosebumps thinking about it all over again.

The only thing that has remotely scared me close to this, is whenever I'm napping, if I'm in a deep, heavy sleep, I'll get startled awake, because I feel like someone is watching me.
No one is ever there...
Except this morning, when my boyfriend actually was watching me, and I woke up in a panic. It scared us both lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well OP it seems u r in good company here.
quite a few have had this happen to them.
Myself included.

And quite a few times, I have looked
around to see if anybody was there.
But there wasn't.

It happens to me about twice a yr
on avg.

This has happened to me as well. I believe it is the knowledge of other people in the house that causes it to happen. Sometimes when Im listening to music I hear my name. Or when sleeping.

The only time Ive been creeped out was late at night I heard a woman scream loudly. It woke me up. My TV was on though. But nobody screamed on it. I'll put that down to thinking about LA Noire though. (LA noire is a detective game where you solve cases and stuff. It sounded a lot like a girl who got murdered in the game so I think I was just falling asleep. XD)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by bcroper

I have been lying down settling down to sleep and been startled by a slap on the back of my head...and it wasn't my wife. I was alone in the house and I could still feel it when I sat up.

I have had the same thing happen, either early 2010, or late 2009.. I can't quite remember. I thought I was being attacked by a home invader. Given that I was sleeping facing outwards of the bed. I swung a big kick out the side of the bed to skittle whoever attacked me.. but no one was in the room. I got up, turned on all the lights but it was just my girlfriend, my cat and I in the house. Disturbingly I had a red mark on the side of my face that was tingling and warm... just like you get when your slapped. I had issues sleeping soundly for a few days after that. LOL!

IRM

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

For me it isn't screamed. It is whispered or mumbled. Maybe once a month or so. It creeps me out because it is right as i drift off, and i hear it. I assume it is in my mind, but it is like it is in my ears.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

This happened to me twice, once when i was teenager and the second time it happened two years ago, and no i am not taking any drugs, nor do i smoke.

My name was called by a lady, she pronounced it very softly or whispered it in my in mind at least, Thread OP your not alone.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i have had it happen to me 4 times quite vivdly and i was wide awake.

strange thing is the 3rd time it happened it was the voice of a teacher i once had loved, who had passed away 5 years prior

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I hear my name called on a regular basis when semi awake
also knocking at the door.

The strangest time was while camping way off the beaten path.
That time i was glad no one was there because i sleep armed when in the boonies.
Anyone else likely would have been glad they weren't there because i was sleeping nude.(it was a very hot weather)

And i always thought it was caused by one of a couple medical disorders i have(fibromyalgia or neurosarcoidosis.) or the meds i take for the disorders.

Glad to know i am not the only nut out there.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have heard my name called in my head. In my head, not a voice from beyond or anything. Usually it is my Mom's voice and its the way she called me when she really wanted my attention. She is gone now but this happened before she died too. I attribute it to psychological phenomena. Stress. Sometimes it happened out of the blue, no stress or anything up front in my mind anyway. I never gave it too much thought. Just a little "well aint that pequliar" kind of thought.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hearing my name called happened to me just this morning. About an hour before my alarm I thought I heard my wife call my name.

Has anyone been woken up from a sound sleep by someone knocking (beating actually) on the front door, only to fine that there was no one there? This has happened to me three times and each time someone in my family passed away the next day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
I was laying down with my son trying to get him to sleep and it jolted me hard and I heard my name screamed. It has happend plenty of times before through my life and I usually don't think much about it but since I check these boards almost every night I am off I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks.

When I was quite a bit younger I used to work as a short order cook. Work was hard to find in the eighties, but I found a job in a town an hour away. My shift started at 5:30 AM, so I had to be on the road by 4:30. Anyways, one afternoon I was driving home alone, and I fell asleep at the wheel. I was awakened by somebody screaming my name from the passenger seat of my car. Scared the living sh!t out of me, but whatever or whoever it was woke me up just before I hit the ditch on the opposing traffic side of the highway. The "owner" of that voice that screamed my name saved my life and I will be forever grateful.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
YES! Although I should say also that it wasn't as much a 'scream' as if they were speaking very loud from across a noisy room. Clear as day, too - and it's a bit unnerving. It's happened many times.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's not ghosts or anything. It is sounds that you've heard during the day. It is like audio flashback when your brain is settling for sleep. So many people would make it out to be something supernatural, but don't get carried away or be ignorant of how the brain works.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

This happened to me! I was asleep in a Las Vegas hotel suite with my boyfriend. We have a late flight and were extremely tired. I woke to hearing my name shouted into my ear. I thought it was my boyfriend however the voice sounded female and he was dead asleep. SHOUTED may not be the correct word,, nor would I say it was YELLED but rather spoken LOUDLY and directly into my ear as if the person saying my name were just an inch away!. Very Odd!

Later that day I learned that a friend of mine had died giving birth the previous day. Wonder if anyone else who has experienced this had someone they had known die prior to this event? To me, it was understood... she was saying goodbye on her way into the afterlife. Knowing this but knowing how I knew made this experience that much more extraordinary!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join