It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Very simply, yes. It was also when I was alone. I knew it wasn't my baby, and my phone hadn't been ghost-dialed (pun intended).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
All you guys should definately see a hypnotist, you can probably find some answers in this line of work. in my opinion it sounds like you guy are being abducted by aliens, because usually when people get abducted they start experiencing weird events like for example the screaming person.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Every since we bought this early 1900's house I and my family have had some experences. But only few like foot steps I have only heard once my kids have heard more. I was awoke from a sleep when someone yelled my name in my ear at 3 am. For some reason I wake up alot around 3am once a week or so. Have heard to sounds during the day one shut up and one thud that is all over two year's but very strange. Nothing like this ever before in any other house or place I have been. It's like there is a presents here but it don't bother us much anyway but I still have my doubts....and yes I no the difference between house settleing icemakers tv's creeking and footsteps.. thank you my wife was at work and I knew where my boys were creepy stuff but I guess God Bless good day...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I've had similar things happen, only usually it's a quieter voice and not a scream and usually it sounds like someone I know.

You may also want to look into Exploding Head Syndrome which, despite the dangerous sounding name, actually refers to a similar phenomenon to what you describe.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I prefer to think of it as similar to those dreams most of us get right before falling asleep where you feel like you're falling and burst awake for a second.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I do have epilepsy I take medication for it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Arbiter of Lies
I have heard this many times in my short life never a loud scream but as if someone is calling you and sometimes if its loud enough i think its my mom calling me and it always seems to be a womans voice but sometimes a mans and although it can be creepy what i have alwys felt that this is, is your dead family members just saying hi from up in heaven to check in on you so in a way it can be comforting and i have never feltb a evil or scary presence from this so i hope some of you will read this and think it over.

I have always thought it was paranormal as well - especially in my sister's case, where she is never scared by the voice, even after realizing it came from 'nowhere', and swears it sounds familiar. I sometimes suspect my grandfather on my mother's side, who died when we were pretty young.

But, as always, pure speculation!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's quite possible that you can scream yourself awake, and in such a hypnotic state, believe that your murmuring or sudden loud gasp, is someone calling your name.

You wake alone into this world, so naturally you feel that any stimulation of the senses, from your surroundings, should involve you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well I have heard my name called (not screamed). I have been asleep and heard it, woke up no one there. Also, dreamt I heard the bedroom door slam shut, then woke up to see it slammed shut (an actual person did it though). Dreams are really weird.

Also I used to work with this really religious woman and she reckoned when you hear your name called, in relaxation or sleep, it's someone from the otherside. Being completely unreligious, I did disagree. Is interesting why it's your name though, not some random word.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind when I read the title of this thread was.... Woooow.....I thought there was only me that had such an experiance.

It happenend some 20 years ago and I never forget it. I was asleep...a normal not to deep sleep and suddently out of the darkness came a cats head of sorts rushing in my line of view and did I hear at the same time someone call my name. As if someone I know was in trouble and needed my help.

The first name that popped up was an old love of mine that I havent seen on that moment for some 15 years.To this day I have a strong feel it was her and unfortunately all contact with is broken. From time to time I wonder how she is.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have also had this happen. It's a scream but not the bloodcurdling kind followed by a jolt. I've also woke up beating the crap out of my wall after a dream about martial law occuring. The mind is a crazy thing indeed(or maybe just mine).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When I go to bed I often try to make my mind go blank so I can get to sleep quicker and I've heard my name called a few times when just about dozing off to sleep. I heard my dad call my name once even though my parents live a few miles away from me.

Its not just my name, sometimes I get random words and other times sentences. Just the other night I heard a female voice say "She didnt do it" a few years back I heard someone say "They are scared of the devil" which freaked me out a little. I have just put it down to my brain winding down though while trying to get to sleep. Maybe there is more to it, I'm not sure.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
I was laying down with my son trying to get him to sleep and it jolted me hard and I heard my name screamed. It has happend plenty of times before through my life and I usually don't think much about it but since I check these boards almost every night I am off I thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks.

Yes. This has happened a lot.

I honestly don't know exactly what it is, but I know it ain't no ghost.

My imagination says it could be many other things though. But, no, you're not alone.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This happens to me constantly. Awake, near sleep, waking up. It never happens when I am driving.How odd is that?

It's not always the same voice, and it isn't always yelling.

But in every case it sounds urgent. It's the same sound someone makes if a ball is being thrown at your head and they see it and you don't. It has the same connotation as "LOOK OUT". You know.

Lets see, the first time I remembering this happen was when I was about 14. I'm 35 now. So it's been pretty much constant my entire life. It happens at least 2-3 times a week.
It switches between male and female voices. It can sound like my mom, or my dad, an old girlfriend, an old buddy. Dead people, alive people. It's kind of random.

Yeah part of it that is creepy, is often times I hear my name clearly, and recognize it is "just another audio" event, but I also get a sense of and hear, more words. Muffled words that I can't make out. Sometimes that muffled part can go on for minutes. But it's just gibberish. That muffled part is one of the reasons I like to have a Fan on when I try to sleep. The fan noise can drown out the muffled talking.

I just write it off as a misfire in my brain. If you spend too much time thinking about it, you end up like the kooks who think they can talk to ghosts man.

Your brain is the single most complicated, and cross wired computer ever made. It's bound to have little errors crop up.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Butterbone because: addition of text.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This happened to me, too, just once. I was maybe 10 or 11 years old. It was very late at night, near midnight, the night before the first day of school in September after summer break. I was alone in my bedroom. My parents were asleep in the bedroom next to mine and my sister was asleep down the hall in her bedroom. I had just closed the book I was reading and had turned out the light. There was a very dim light in the room from my nightlight. I began to say a silent prayer that the school year would be a good one. I had been the victim of constant bullying in school years past, so I was praying to not be bullied and made fun of that year.

I had developed an intense fear of and fascination with vampires around that time, so I had gotten into the habit of hanging my large gold confirmation cross on a chain on the front of my bedroom door (Silly, I know.). My door was partway open as I sat in my bed saying my first day of the school year prayer. In the middle of my prayer, all of a sudden, there came a deep echoing male voice that said my name, just once. It seemed to reverberate for a moment and seemed to have come from near the bedroom door where the cross was hanging, though it may have come from inside my head. It terrified me!! I burrowed down under the covers too scared to even move. Our house had very creaky floorboards so if my father had gotten out of bed and had said my name, I would have heard his footsteps or would have seen him, so it was not him. To this day, I really do not know what or who that voice was.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just woke up from a semi-scary middle of the day nap screaming "WHAT!!!" because I thought I heard my mom calling my name.

I dont live with my Mother right now and I am the only person home. This seems to happen to me more when I am having a not so pleasant dream. It makes me immediately jump out of bed even tho my body isnt really ready.

even as I type this Im doing it with one eye half opened like a drunk because Im still trying to adjust to the light.

The dream I was having was one I have never had before. I was in some kind of haunted warehouse type deal surrounded by creepy ghosts. Woke up at the point when I saw the reflection of a girl in a mirror strung up by hooks in the attic of this building then I looked in the corner she should have been and she wasnt there. look back at the mirror and hear my name screamed and wake up yelling "what!!!" and see my Rottweiler looking at my like Im an idiot.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Are you guys sure you haven't been smoking too much of the green stuff ? =P

My friend used to smoke it daily (when he was like 18, he's 20 now). He heard his name shouted during various occasions, both in public and when he was by himself.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have had that problem. It happens quite often, maybe once a month, sounds like someone's calling for me but then it goes away. Maybe it's bill collectors with new methods.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I actually have heard my name screamed (more like called) in my head when I was lying down awake.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but is it a particular person's voice calling or screaming your name?

Edit: I see you think it may have been your wife's voice. Mine was my mom. And it only happened once about a week after she died.

edit on 5/24/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
YES, this has been discussed in other threads before on ATS in this forum.
I had my name said in a very authoritarian way, my name is Robert but only
close family members and people who maybe meet me for the 1st time call
me this otherwise i'm known as Rob or by my nickname.

i wrote a great deal in the other thread so i will keep it short this time.
I was startled as i was just relaxing in a chair almost asleep and there
was also my friend in the room listening to his cd player with headphone's on

This is when i heard "ROBERT!" said very clearly and loud, said in a strict male voice,
I jumped in shock and looked towards my friend who was also just sat
chilling out with his eyes shut. I asked him if he heard anything and told him
what had happened and it was not his voice and he heard nothing.

was the strangest thing, very unnerving and it was as real as could be.
What, Why, How? I don't have any answer for this but it seems a common occurrence.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Its Drop Dead Fred

I think I know what you mean, it happens in that stage of confusion as you wake up, its probably just a memory surfacing.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join