It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This has happened to me quite a few times! Just about a week ago was the last night. I've noticed though, that a lot of the times it happens, i go into a lucid dream state.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I grew up in a couple of very old homes, and often 'heard' someone call my name.......some times so plainly that I would run and ask my Grandmother if she had called me.......She used to tell me that it was my 'guilty conscience', cause l'd likely done something !

Years later, after moving to newer housing........I didn't really notice any thing like that till after my son was born.

We had found a nice older home, a recently remodeled craftsman type with a big fenced yard......an old barn out back held several items from the earlier tenent, an elderly lady.

After putting my son to bed one night, as I passed the bathroom door, a woman's voice calling my name, rang so loudly in my mind that my head jerked around toward the bath, where the 'voice' seemed to be, and l answered aloud, "What?"

There was no reply, nothing else happened that night.....but I was so unnerved by the urgency in the voice, and the fact that I was there alone with my son(my husband worked nights).....I sat up till he got in.

Just a few days later, I had a shock when a HUGE rat came right up through the toilet!!! Slopped his nasty wet self , about 10 pounds of yellow teeth and tail , out onto the carpet and glared at me!

We moved asap....that house was near a rail yard, rats like that would have been regulars........I believe the old lady warned me that night, she knew there was a monster in that bathroom!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

any followup on that second visit to the old house?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Yes I've had this happen several times even in more recent years. Like you, always just as I'm falling asleep. More recently though, I've been having it called out loud. So loud and clear that I actually respond to it as I would if the person where actually there. It always comes from the bottom of the stairs, always about nine thirty pm and I'm wide awake. I've gone down each time thinking my mother called me but she was in her room and heard nothing. Even stranger is that the voice doesn't call me by my full name ( Jennifer) but Jen which is something only close family and friends use.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This actually happens quite a lot to me... might not be my name per say but a random voice in the background shouting something - scares me quite a lot!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This has happened to me more than a few times. It's not screaming though. It always occurs when I'm at home alone and on the couch lightly napping (usually when I get home from work). In fact, I could say I'm in the process of drifting off to sleep as I still have awareness. Then I'll hear someone call my name like they're in the room with me, waiting for me to respond and say, "What?". I'll open my eyes and wake up. It's clear as day and auditory. It doesn't freak me out.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
last night i was in my bed and i heard my daughter call my name, but she wasn't at home. this has happen to me twice that i can recall. I am just trying to get some type of answer before i go to the doctor.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I hear my name shouted all the time which is really odd because it is not a name someone would guess or be shouting at someone else but on rare occasions it could. My name is Riki so it startles me when i hear my name but there is noone there or noone i know.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yeah I have had this happened a bit but in my case it's always when I'm almost asleep so it's probably my imagination

I dunno I had a funny idea one time that maybe it was like my dream self or something calling to me to go to sleep and dream hahaha

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have had this happen on numerous occasions throughout the years.

I remember once a child, I was sleeping with an old box fan next to me as it was summer and we didn't have AC. Well, in the middle of the night I was woken up by what I swear was a big slap upside my head! When I came too I realized that the box fan's motor had burned out and the room was filling with an acrid smell of burn electric motor coils. PU! Anyway, then the room started filling with smoke and I immediately turned off the fan and yelled for my mom. To this day I am thankful for that "wake up call" for who knows what would have happened if that fan kept running in that condition.

Years later, when I was in the Army, I was on temporary duty attending NBC school. One night I woke up in the middle of the night at my hotel in Germany. I swear someone was sitting on my bed, holding my hand. Then they just sort of faded from my awareness and then the bed started shaking. I jumped up and looked under the bed thinking someone was playing a joke on me, then the shaking stopped. There was no one under the bed. The next day I found out that there was 5.4 earthquake that night.

I sometimes get woken out of a sound sleep to the sound of someone yelling my name, no one is ever there.

It used to freak me out, but now I just chalk it up to a dream or some other auditory hallucination.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
at summer camp we woke up a kid in our cabin that had stayed behind while we went to go see a movie

after the movie ( the night they raided Minskys) while some distance from the cabin
we began to chant "wake up john!"
nothing happened
I suggested we all chant in sync..and started to conduct with my arm so that everyone chanted in unison

John woke up
and ran out of the cabin screaming
What! What!

WE stopped chanting immediately, totally freaked out
and never spoke of it thereafter
maybe no one every mentioned the incident
till now...
edit on 27-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join