It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been laying down and heard your name screamed(in your mind)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am very surprised so many people have experienced this common phenomenon.

And oddly enough I ended up doing some research on the subject after reading an article on Cracked.(I know what your thinking haha)

It is not a mental illness, or really anything to be too concerned about most of the members here have explained the most common causes.

But I wanted also to mention another very elusive mental syndrom that is similar to the audio hallucinations many people have.

Exploding Head Syndrome, haha ya its a real thing and its is said to happen in a similar manner except people will be jolted awake, or it could even be in broad day light while you were watching tv.

You will hear a LOUD bang in your head like a gun or grenade blowing off and some people even experience a flash of light sensation. It is very hard to document and study because it really cannot be reproduced or tracked.

I didnt mean to hijack anything but thought I would bring some additional information to the subject as the whole idea of how our minds mess with us is pretty neat.

If anyone wishes to check it out, click the link!
Exploding Head Syndrome

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Its demons and evil spirits. They are very much real and all around behind the veil, try to influence and put fear in you.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Psalms 17:8

Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about

They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;

Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Sometimes when I lay down, I'll hear a giant bang or crash noise after laying there for an hour or so. Sounds like the dump truck is outside. I actually looked into it, apparently it happens to people under high stress. You should look into it as well. It's somewhat normal....nothing to worry about. I haven't had it happen to me in years now.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah I've actually experienced this before. Every time it's happened I was half asleep or was sleeping and will think someone called my name, there have been occasions where I'll wake up and know it was just a dream but there have also been some where I'll wake up and seriously think someone had been calling me. I'm more for the idea that it's just your mind in a dream state and your mind getting it confused with the real world. Also, as for me it was never really screaming though, it was more of just whispering.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Eastons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've had this happen about 7-10 times in my life. A few of them I was actually wide awake, but it always happens to be while I'm alone.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes, it has happened to me at a time in my life when things were not good. The screaming voice said, "leave M.......!!!" (my name) and I listened and changed my life for the better by leaving a vet unhealthy relationship at the time. Very bizarre though. I was laying on my bed and it was as if someone knelt down next to my ear and shouted in it...it was that loud.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I had this happen just the other night. I was laying in bed watching T. V. and heard a woman say a whole sentence, I couldn't make it out though It was so clear I thought someone was in my house. I got up and looked in every room and there was no-one.

I layed back down and a few hours later, and while I was asleep, I heard someone standing right behind me, my back was to the edge of the bed, say, Mom. Loudly but not a scream. The strange thing is that my dog was laying next to me and looked up with ears pointing in the direction of the voice.

I have had this happen many times, my daughters have to. Most of the time, I'm wide awake doing something. Sometimes it's a mans voice, sometimes a womans. I have heard my daughters say, mom, many times when they were not home, which is rather unsettling.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Today i was in the bathroom at home and i heard what sounded like it came from a TV or from the basement a mans voice in clear english yell "Fire Fire"(i live in the Philippines surrounded by people who do not speak english i can easily understand.)

I asked my wife if she heard that, and she did not. I explained that some american yelled "fire fire" in our basement.

2 minutes later we heard a fire truck in the near distance but it did not come into our subdivision.

We both looked at each other and said....Nahhh, couldn't be.
But in the back of my head i wondered if i was psychic or just loosing it.
edit on 25-5-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by swinggal
Yes, it has happened to me at a time in my life when things were not good. The screaming voice said, "leave M.......!!!" (my name) and I listened and changed my life for the better by leaving a vet unhealthy relationship at the time. Very bizarre though. I was laying on my bed and it was as if someone knelt down next to my ear and shouted in it...it was that loud.

My experience was pretty much exactly the same as yours. I was going through a very dark period, so dark that one night when I went to bed I thought to myself that if I didn't wake up in the morning that would be fine. I really was ready to let go and die in my sleep. But as I fell asleep I all of a sudder heard "HEY, IM NOT READY TO GO YET!" I actually sat up in bed instantly and looked around because it was really like someone yelled it an inch from my face, but I was of course alone, in the dark. I thought it was weird and went back to sleep, but the next morning my life had been changed. I had a spring in my step that I never had before, I began to read and learn again, began to develop myself like never before. I can say with authority that the experience of hearing the voice say it wasnt' ready to go completely transformed my life for the better, i've never been the same since.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yesterday I had to get up really early for an important event. I set my alarm for 4:30am (normally 7am) and went to bed.

I remember waking up hearing loud banging and someone calling my name, when I looked over at my alarm it was flashing 4:30am... i had accidently set it to silent.

I don't know if it was my internal body clock or what, but something definitely woke me up other than my alarm.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yes, I have. Weird thing is sometimes it is my name being called and sometimes it is just some seemingly random word like "Hey!" or "now". And the voice is different too. Sometimes it sounds like my voice or someone I know or someone I don't know. Once, while staying with my aunt's in Virginia, I was laying in bed and heard my mom call me by name from downstairs. I jumped because that was impossible. She was in Maine visiting a friend. I had to call her just to make sure she was alright. She was. It was really weird. This happens quite often to me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It happened to me this morning at 5:am. I was asleep at my desk, having fallen asleep reading ATS.
At 5:am I woke up startled, having heard my name called loud & clear. Everyone was asleep in the house except for the dog. He was staring out the patio doors. I quickly ruled him out as the source and staggered into the kitchen to make some coffee.
I chalked it all up to some bizarre brain phenomena. It has happened to me lots of times.

It never seems to happen when I am awake though, which leads be to believe that it is just random neurons firing in my half awake brain.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I hear "daddy" called all the time. Once It was so loud I thought my daughter was in trouble, I bound out of bed, rush into her room only to find her sound asleep.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i used to be awakened as a kid at night by people calling my name and telling me to wake up.....
once awake i would ask my parents who was in my room waking me and they would say no-one it was just a dream....hasnt happened in many years....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have this happen quite regularly, both awake and right before sleep, for years. While it was at first a bit frightening, confusing and mysterious, it's become annoying.

The 'voice' - sometime male, sometime female, sometime neuter - will always say, whisper or yell the name on my birth cert. I no longer go by that name and feel I'm really no longer that person. Yet, the 'voice' invariably chooses to use it. I thought perhaps I subconciously was still wanting to be that person and was causing myself to hear the name. I did a deep self-analysis on this issue, too. Nope, not me.

So I began saying, either aloud or mentally, "Don't know who you're talking about, that's not me/not my name. Piss off." It's always felt as if someone/thing is fishing, poking out to see who'll answer/can hear, sort of when I would war dial to find VM boxes (yeah, I'm that old).

The only others I known who've experienced this was my sibling and small social circle. Besides these, an ex did hear his name called in my parent's backyard one evening after I'd come in from there because someone/thing had called MY name. The incident freaked him out; he was further freaked when I asked if his first name or shortened middle name (what his family called him) were called. "First," he replied. "Yeah, it's nobody you known; ignore them."

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Heres the really weird thing...and I didn't really think about it till this thread..My 10 year, when she is upstairs and the rest of our family is downstairs? At least once or twice a night, she'll poke her head out of her room and yell "yeah mom? what do you need?" I'll of course tell her that I didn't call for her, and she always responds "I was sure someone called my name"

A bit freaky right?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Now,...that is extremely interesting...I have a cousin who lives in Alabama (well, actually, he's my husband's cousin, but anyway) he is a single father and he has had the same experience, over and over again...except the one night that it happened, and he ran to his little girls room? he then remembered she was sleeping over someone else's house! he has also reported toys being moved and hearing laughter.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by celestialpink
This is an interesting topic. My 8 year old son had fearfully complained of this happening - hearing someone close by say his name when nobody is around. I don't know what to tell him. I would like to read more theories and observations. Advice is welcome too.
Believe him,It has happened to me and the voice was just as clear as if someone was in the room with me.I'm an older female with a healthy skeptic mind,I can't explain what or who it was but I can tell you that it was not an hallucination it was a clear and concise voice and have heard loud bangs or cracking sounds as well.For your son be empathetic believe him to keep the lines of communication open so he has someone to talk to about this .There is more to this than what we understand at this point,because I don't believe this many people are having mass hallucinations it doesn't make sense...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
Hmm, it seems like this happens to quite a few people but no real explanation as to what causes it, at least not yet anyway. Speculation time, when I was a little kid my grandmother always said if your nose itched it meant someone was talking about you, maybe when you hear your name it means someone is not only talking about you but they are pissed. OK I don't believe that for a second but maybe it's got something to do with your subconscious picking up on things you're otherwise unaware of. Oh and someone asked about the child connection, I have none if anyone's looking for a common theme.
I'm going to throw this theory out there. Could it be possible that this is connected to our pineal gland?I say this because when it happened to me not only was I reading about the pineal gland but was watching a history channel show about this subject as well,and heard a loud popping or cracking sound and a sing-song voice call my name,could it be our third eye opening?I know it sounds crazy but I am a logical stable older woman that doesn't except the mass hallucinations theory....What do you think?

The pineal gland is a small pinecone shaped gland that is located in the exact geometric center of your brain often called your “Third eye”. Although everyone has this same natural gland it is often calcified and known to lay dormant and is not fully activated or “awakened”. Calcification is due to fluoride ingestion through main water supplies, toothpastes and high fatty diets that play a toll on your body. But is there more too this mysterious gland?

So whats the big deal? Dreams are often so real you could swear you were really there, you can smell, taste, see, hear, and feel in your dreams just like your normal waking hours. Why is this? The pineal gland works through vibrations, frequencies and light and allows for inner hearing, inner seeing and inner sensing. Once you wake from a dream you often have fleeting memories of what you were doing, where you were and what was really going on. This is much like the '___' studies. Mystical traditions, esoteric schools, and mystery schools alike have known for ages that this very area of the brain is the connecting link between the physical and spiritual worlds. When the “Third eye” is activated it becomes a line of communication with the higher planes through the crown chakra. The crown chakra reaches downwards until the in take of energy reaches the pineal gland which then activates it. With practice and taking on this energy the vibration and frequency of your astral body is raised which allows it to separate from the physical much easier to have Out of body experiences and Astral journeys
seems to be the common theme in this thread,in between sleep and awake,or not being distracted

To activate the pineal gland and obtain and perceive the higher dimensions the pineal and the pituitary gland should vibrate in unison. This can be achieved through deep meditation or relaxation. When the correct vibration is established between personality (pituitary) and the soul (pineal gland) a magnetic field is created. The pineal gland has the most blood flow of any gland in the body and is mostly water. What does this magnetic field do? As this magnetic field is created it allows the water molecules to vibrate and flip into each other activating the pineal through these vibrations. The negative and positive forces of this magnetic field interact and when they become strong enough it creates a “light in the head”. When this “light” is activated it allows you to withdraw from the body and carry the “light” with you. Many paranormal and psychic abilities are closely associated with the third eye and the “light in the head”. Through focused concentration on the pineal gland by staring at the 6th chakra in the middle of your forehead this will slowly activate the third eye. This is not something you want to do to strain your eyes or to activate fast, with practice and meditation it will activate naturally and bring natural abilities to the surface. Visualization exercises are a huge step in directing the energies to help activate the pineal. The magnetic field which is generated is created by a concentrated thought of intention on the focal point of the pineal and pituitary gland and this thought energy gives life and direction to this form. The “third eye” is an important ingredient to reach higher consciousness and separate from the physical form. Through imagination, meditation and visualization Intuition is also achieved. Until your intuition is strong enough knowledge and memory of the astral planes and hyper-spacial realms are not registered by your normal waking consciousness, with practice and development this increases. Flashes of intuition will come with increased practice as the pineal is activated to a greater degree. The third eye is the gateway to universal knowledge, open your inner worlds and explore the inner universe and your inner god self.
Maybe this is what is happening to all of us?
edit on 27-5-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have had the same thing happen to me as well. When I started hearing my name I still lived with my mother and was in high school. I truly believed that house was haunted presumably by my grandmother or grandfather considering it was their house and my grandmother passed away in it. My grandfather being that he passed away as well and I was very close with him. I always thought he was looking after me. I don't remember when it happened first but I do know while living there I would be JUST dozing off and I would hear someone whisper my name right in front of my face. That would wake me putting me in alarm and of course no one was there! I've even heard my name being whispered in the same room as me when no one else was there... this time being awake, going about my business (cleaning lol)! All of this was followed by being smacked in the face (no one there). It felt more like being smacked in the face by electricity. Really weird. I was doing nothing but laying down in my bed. Also, Hearing something walking around, being touched, etc. All by things that weren't there.

Later I finally moved out but for some reason in the past year I've heard my name being called again. I'll be dozing off and suddenly my name is being called. Sometimes a whisper, other times just like someone saying my name firmly. Sometimes it sounds like it's just in my head, other times it sounds like it's someone else in the room. When I open my eyes though, no ones there. I'll ask my husband if he was calling me and he has said no. Then I thought maybe it was my son (who was 3) but the voice couldn't be him. It's only happens very rarely.

I don't know what any of it means. I don't know why it happens. I don't know if it really is all in my head and I'm just hearing things or if someone is trying to communicate to me for whatever reasons. It's all really weird.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join