It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO airstrikes rattle Tripoli

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Much the same nations who entered Iraq are now entering Libya.
Its just that the "leading roles and engagement theme" have changed. Their goals are the same.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I love the way the 'intervention' has morphed so seamlessly from a mission to protect civilains to attempting to enforce a regime change.

It is basically not even questioned in the British MSM.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I did forget to mention that the UK is also going down too...

Apologies for the truth

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Thank-you very much for your video link. I have already shared it with many people.

Knowledge is power.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by guessing

Why are you slamming America? As far as I know France was the one pushing for this. Aren't they along with the UK moving attack helicopters in?

Or is it just convienent for you to toss in your American agenda?

If you go to a white supremacist website do you expect to see people supporting the nuance and complexity of the human condition regardless of race?

Similarly when you head into a den of conspiracy theorists do you expect to see people supporting the nuance and complexity of the world condition regardless of government?

It's business as usual. Agendas and ignorance on every side of the aisle. There are no enlightened people here, just rampant emotional rambling with no evidence behind it.

I mean how could they miss the fact that the USA is basically not even involved in combat ops in Libya anymore? Or the fact that we had ample access to Libyan oil prior to the conflict?

Trying to show logic here is like trying to scream into a hurricane to be heard.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

We go down, we take the planet with us. If Pax Americana ends without anyone ready to fill the void, the world will spiral into chaos and war.

Dark Ages 2.0

Realistically though in terms of history, especially parallels with the Roman Republic, the US is about to enter a new phase.

The Roman Republic was rocked by financial problems, assassinations of prominent politicians, riots, very similar to the events in the US between the 1960s and the present. In the end the civilian government lost control to a military coup. The military dictatorship of Sulla would clear the way for the rise of Julius Caesar and the birth of the Empire.

If the US continues to parallel Rome, then the near future financial and social disorder will result in an enlightened military dictatorship, followed by a minor civil war, and then the birth of a true Empire, an empire that will restore world order and security in the wake of the global collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join