It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO airstrikes rattle Tripoli

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

NATO airstrikes rattle Tripoli

www.msnbc.msn.com

TRIPOLI, Libya — NATO warplanes bombarded targets in Tripoli with more than 20 airstrikes early Tuesday, striking around Moammar Gadhafi's residential compound in what appeared to be the heaviest night of bombing of the Libyan capital since the Western alliance launched its air campaign against his forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If you scroll to the bottom of the story you will see that not only are they bombing the crap out of libya. That they will start to bring in attack helicopters.

This is de facto war with NATO and libya. This is the richest african oil nation and NATO wants to bomb the crap out of it?

Anyone who thinks that NATO forces are so awesome this and that. Consider that the most powerful nations on earth (including the US) led the attack on libya and are continuing to do the attacks. This makes the US and NATO forces look like bullies who cannot fight anyone who has a modern army.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

EXACTLY RIGHT!! You don't see them bullying China, or Russia. Why not? Because they would lose. My prediction is that they will leave Pakistan alone because they don't want to mess with China.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
America is about to fall.

They brought it on themselves.

Arrogance has a price...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The sooner this is over the better,, we need to get out quick.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Illegal Assassinations, Illegal Wars

Change We Can Believe In,

Yes We Can!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Why are you slamming America? As far as I know France was the one pushing for this. Aren't they along with the UK moving attack helicopters in?

Or is it just convienent for you to toss in your American agenda?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

France and NATO are all part of this including the US which is the most powerful member of NATO. This war could not have started if daddy didnt use the tomahawk missles first.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by guessing

Why are you slamming America? As far as I know France was the one pushing for this. Aren't they along with the UK moving attack helicopters in?

Or is it just convienent for you to toss in your American agenda?

If France asked the US to jump off of a bridge, would the US do it?

How can the US not be blamed when it is virtually the leading force there.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The Real Reason for NATO Attacking Libya:

Some believe it is about protecting civilians, others say it is about oil, but some are convinced intervention in Libya is all about Gaddafi's plan to introduce the gold dinar, a single African currency made from gold, a true sharing of the wealth. "It's one of these things that you have to plan almost in secret, because as soon as you say you're going to change over from the dollar to something else, you're going to be targeted," says Ministry of Peace founder Dr James Thring. "There were two conferences on this, in 1986 and 2000, organized by Gaddafi. Everybody was interested, most countries in Africa were keen."

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Excellent video:

video.google.com...=7791938638232429363

Watch Part one as well. Shows why any attack on middle east countries has a lot to do with money.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

So you're agreeing that France and others are the ones that are pushing this? I just see this as an opportunity to slam the U.S. for something that another country is heading, judging by the comments.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

NATO and US countries are all part of the evil of this world. They do not like islamic countries because interest in banking is forbidden and the use of gold is encouraged. Unlike all western economies including the US which has fiat money. The money your carrying around is as good as toilet paper had islamic countries used gold, interest free banking, and held onto their oil.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm not denying the the U.S. is involved, but from what I've read and seen about this conflict - the major contributing nations are France and Britain. It would seem that the U.S. is playing the role as Britain is in Iraq/Afghanistan. Do I see people slamming them? No.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

If it was not for the US the war in libya would have been much more difficult to do and maybe even discouraged.

The US did not need british help in the afghan war.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You're right.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm not denying the the U.S. is involved, but from what I've read and seen about this conflict - the major contributing nations are France and Britain. It would seem that the U.S. is playing the role as Britain is in Iraq/Afghanistan. Do I see people slamming them? No.

From what I have read, this whole situation isn't dissimilar from Afghanistan and Iraq.

France and Britain are most certainly not leading this operation. It was a coalition mission from the start, invoked by Western backing of the rebels (involving at least the CIA, SAS, and JTF2). The rebels requested supported from the US. France and Britain also pushed for this for their own interests.

As I said, a coalition mission from the start; It was unorganized and the leadership role became a serious problem, hence why Germany left and Turkey refused to join in any military capacity.

It turned into a NATO mission weeks after the "humanitarian mission" was approved because the command structure of the coalition mission as a farce. People who claim this was a NATO mission the whole time obviously ignore these facts.

But I retort, this is lead by the US. Hillary Clinton carried this through the UN and Obama has been making the leading shots (from sending in the CIA en masse and to bombing Gadaffi's government and infrastructure).

And that RT video about Libya's economic plans threatening Western economies is right on the money. It was not surprising to see the rebels deploying their own central bank, with guidance from globalist institutions, early into this whole mess.

Humanitarian mission my ass. Are we so easily deceived?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Yugoslavia, 2.0
they aren't targeting military targets, they will be and are targeting civilian targets just like what nato did in Belgrade

this needs to stop, there will be no left to stand agaisnt the globalization forces.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Arrogance has a price...

I'm from the UK and not american but people have been saying "america is about to fall" for like the last couple of years, i think people are to quick to say these words without putting any true thought in to what they are saying.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by guessing

Arrogance has a price...

I'm from the UK and not american but people have been saying "america is about to fall" for like the last couple of years, i think people are to quick to say these words without putting any true thought in to what they are saying.

Its funny that your saying it that it wont happen, sadly it already is happening it wont happen overnight

top topics

<<   2 >>

join