It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pile Bunker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Pile Bunker is Mechanized Melee Weapon that composed of Hydraulic/Pneumatic piston that connected to spiked shaft and recoil springs, which is used to pierces tough material like Tank Armor in a manner similar to Jackhammer, and as melee weapon, this is the last ditch weapon when you ran out of Anti-armor rounds but you still needs/wants to engages armored enemies.

at least this weapon is bit more practical than Chainsaws(particularly against armored and tough enemies).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You didnt get this "Pile Bunker" from the game Lost Planet, did you?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
You didnt get this "Pile Bunker" from the game Lost Planet, did you?

This weapon isn't always comes from Lost Planet, I get this from Metal Slug 5

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Haha

Well anyways, it might be nice for you to know that there is a real worl equivalent- it's called a crossbow. A bolt carries a much higher penetrating capacity than a bullet due to it's length, weight and velocity. You can also use armor piercing tips as well. On top of this, it's silent.

Even a longbow can penetrate most modern body armor (if you got skillz, that is). Cermanics might be your best bet for defense but I can't see kevlar or metal plating doing much good against a solid arrow flung at you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Haha

Well anyways, it might be nice for you to know that there is a real worl equivalent- it's called a crossbow. A bolt carries a much higher penetrating capacity than a bullet due to it's length, weight and velocity. You can also use armor piercing tips as well. On top of this, it's silent.

Even a longbow can penetrate most modern body armor (if you got skillz, that is). Cermanics might be your best bet for defense but I can't see kevlar or metal plating doing much good against a solid arrow flung at you.

but there's important Differences between Crossbows with Pile Bunker: Crossbow is to dealing with Medieval Knights, while Pile Bunker is Anti-Tank Melee Weapon

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Haha

but there's important Differences between Crossbows with Pile Bunker: Crossbow is to dealing with Medieval Knights, while Pile Bunker is Anti-Tank Melee Weapon

Not at all just a medival weapon.

*Notice the only guy smiling here is the only guy with a crossbow?

Usually it's only special forces that use crossbows since you need some skill to use them. Unlike guns, they are slow to reload and you can't carry a hundred bolts. However, they are cheap to produce, accurate, and pretty f'n deadly if you ask me.

Think about it. A bullet is small length-wise. A bolt is much longer, has torque, which in terms of armor piercing means it can be equipped with a tip that will penetrate the armor and the rest of the bolt will continue to drive into the target (unlike a bullet, except for maybe partition bullets).

For an actually "pile bunker", nope I don't think they exist. Not only would they be extremely heavy, you would have a hard time defending yourself against enemies armed with guns. Then what happens when you attack an armored vehicle? You'll probably hurt yourself more than your target.

I've vaguely heard of disposable torches that are like a stick that you can carry around, and then light up whenever you need to. Apparently they are capable of melting straight through most steel. Though if you're willing to get this close to a tank, then you mise well just through some plastic explosives on the tracks/fuel tanks/engine/turret/sensors/etc.

top topics

join