It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...I realized I've never formally introduced myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members.

Well I joined a couple of years back, was quite an avid lurker. Didn't post too much. I usually enjoy being an observer. However, recently I've desired to converse with people who thought deeper than what kind of car they drive, or getting their nails done, etc. I disappeared for over a year and a half, I needed a break because I find a site like this (and others) can get quite weighty in terms of negativity. Anyhow, here I am back again.

Just wanted to say I like the intelligent and sometimes non intelligent banter that goes back and forth on here. I really enjoy the effort some members take to thoroughly research and back up any theories they have. It makes this site very interesting.

The thread that made me join ATS originally was this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Extremely fascinated by all things unexplainable. But I also really enjoy when logic and science is applied to weed through all of speculation and conjecture.

So just wanted to say thanks for keeping me entertained and interested in coming back now and again. I enjoy the minds that think critically here.

I think a sense of humor is important in keeping some sort of sanity in all this craziness, and respect for everyone's opinions, even though they might be outlandish.

My motto is that unless I've walked a mile in somebody else's shoes I can never fully understand their perspective.

We all have a piece to the puzzle, and I'm very happy to see them all, even if we don't know exactly how to fit them all together yet.

I believe we're all right on some level, yet we're all wrong too, because we are not seeing with the full perspective at any given time.

I only know what I experience, everything else is pure speculation on my part.
But I do like theorizing, and seeing where my mind will take me through that and enjoy when others do the same.

ETA
When I first joined I used to get afraid of all the doomsday predictions. Then when I disappeared for the length of time that I did, I came back and realized none of them came true and the world is still alive and kicking. I think it's important to not get caught up in the frenzy and try to keep a level head. The world is crazy enough without adding to the fear with OH MY G the world is going to end tomorrow!!!
edit on 23-5-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Heya... welcome aboard!! Glad you decided to join in on some of the conversations... We are always look for a fresh angle on things here.

If ya need any help with anything just ask.

again welcome....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thank you very much!

meep meepmeep Borg
made me crack up

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure:
You're already in ATS Chat and way ATS savvy! Good job!

P.S. It nice not 'having' to post my standard intro hello ... but I had it ready to go! I'm lucky I actually read them before I post it otherwise this post woulda been BIZZARO!

edit on 23-5-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited buggy emoticon.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Better late than never for intros.

Ummmm...welcome to ATS!?!?!?

(Old-timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure:
You're already in ATS Chat and way ATS savvy! Good job!

P.S. It nice not 'having' to post my standard intro hello ... but I had it ready to go! I'm lucky I actually read them before I post it otherwise this post woulda been BIZZARO!

edit on 23-5-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited buggy emoticon.

And then I would've caught on and not felt special at all!!

Good thing you read it...or else *shakes fist in air* Kidding

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is random but by reading your first post, you seem really friendly! And that is very awesome! I hope to see you around a discussion or two sometime soon!

top topics

join