It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrations and sound files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok, this question's been buzzing around my head for awhile, and I'm not sure where else to put it. I'd really like to know what you guys think.

I've been reading a lot about how sound waves affect the body, and how this can raise or lower our vibration depending on whether the nature of the music itself is positive or negative. I've read about different tests that were done to prove this concepts in plants and animals. For example (just going to throw a couple of random links out there):

A high school student finds that mice killed each other after being exposed to hard rock: www.edu-cyberpg.com...

Plants lean in towards the speaker playing classical music and away from the one playing hard rock. www.ehow.com...

Now, I'm not here for a classical vs. hard rock debate. Rather, I had a train of thought go off in a different direction when I combined these findings with another article I found that illustrated how a digital music file get corroded as it is lowered in bitrates. So a Lossless audio file would look much cleaner than a 128kbps MP3 file. I can't find the page with the graphs I am referring to, but it doesn't matter; we know that the lower the bitrate is, the lower the actual sound quality is.

So here's my question: spiritually speaking, if different styles of music can raise or lower your vibration, what about different sound qualities? Would a lower quality mp3 of a high vibration song raise your vibration LESS than a lossless Wav file?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Allow me to suggest James Redfield's book the Celestine Prophecy and its consideration of energy field theory.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
Would a lower quality mp3 of a high vibration song raise your vibration LESS than a lossless Wav file?

That answer will depend on the omitted frequencies in the mp3 file.

But a short answer is yes .

Maybe have a look at this.

here

edit on 23-5-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. I was a little nervous, this being my first thread. I felt like I needed to pitch some grand revelation like many other threads, when the truth is that I'm very much a student and am just looking for clarifications in my studies.

The Celestine Prophecy - will definitely check that out, thanks.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

That is an interesting article. The phrase that stands out is "therapeutic sound wave effects from the didgeridoo"... which makes me also wonder if live instruments are more powerful than the recordings of those live instruments. And if the answer to that is YES, then what does that imply about sounds that are originally synthetic, such as electronic music that was made entirely on a computer?

I'll read more of that tomorrow, I'm getting sleepy. Take care and thank you very much for the responses. ^__^

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have no actual input to add to your posts.

I just wanted to say, great thread and awsome questions. Threads like this are the only reason i come to ATS.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Basically, it is the quality of your internal "receiver" - if you have have a more accurate receiver, then what you hear is what you get, if you have a more dynamic receiver, then you can use your imagination to convert low-bitrate waveforms into positive, higher waveforms.

I often listen to music that initially sounds of a low quality, but when I trance out it enters my imagination and I become immersed in it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Let me see if I'm understanding your comment right. So what you're saying is that the way your own perspective interprets the music plays a significant factor in its effect on you?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I can fully agree to the topic that your perception of the music is what determines how it effects you. I am a musician and partial to the acoustic style myself, but I have found that many ranges of music can produce a happy feeling for me. I believe that it depends on what you need out of the music. If I am in an angry mood, I find that faster (still positive) rock music makes me calm down much quicker than slower acoustic or jazz/blues. I can't relate to the slow music when my blood is pumping and my mind is racing, but the faster rock music allows me to relate on a more primal level while still sending a positive message my way. Also, for myself, the quality of the music isn't nearly as big of a deal, but that could be due to my high imagination as the poster before mentioned.

Also, S&F for an interesting topic. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
listening to music that you like really doesnt lower your frequency, If you like music that is less harmonious than possible, it will close the gap, going directly from chaos to perfect harmony might be to harsh.. so going from chaotic, to "not as" chaotic is a vald option, either way, it'll strengthen you (up to a point) aslong as you like it....

and by frequency, thats a whole other story, playing a frequency will harmonise/strengthen that frequency of you and let it slipp over to higher and higher octaves the more stable the base of it is... (meditating while listening to it speeds up the process)

idk, borderline offtopic but...
an example to try if you like, would be the two tones played inside the orion pyramid in giza, from the granite box and upper chamber

117 (4) 121
the two main frequencies will affect your middle and upper throat. and the pulse; your base...
the colors being light blue and red.

why did they chose just those tones and what may be the effects? i'm not gona tell you

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

i feel that we consciously choose which vibration to "reside" in, so things like music can only control these things if we let them, but are not the only means of doing so.

Either way though, have you listened to a nice full analog/tube setup?

For encoding, i only use v0 or FLAC, depending on original recording quality and/or cd/album condition. i dont feel either affect me in any way, as far as "vibration" or "spirituality." But, i certainly notice the difference in quality just as a listener.

i do feel, however, a similar difference to what you are speaking of does exist with a full analog system as opposed to digitally based sound waves. Both in the waves themselves, and the overall experience.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Basically, you can use your own field to interphase with the surrounding energies. Most of what we see and hear is "within" our minds, so we must allow our imagination to cross-phase with our physical senses. Basically, you can turn a boring, low quality song into an interesting, deep, high quality song if you have a strong field and a strong imagination. The ability to do this is not something that is easily controlled, and usually depends on a variety of internal factors. It can be akin to why some music that is clearly talentless is often listened to because the music is having a hypnotic effect on the listener.

If you want to learn how to do this, you first need to create a greater level of "fog" in your mind, and you have to withdraw your consciousness from the "outside world", its usually easy for introverted people, but it is not impossible for an extroverted consciousness.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I've always thought of music as an active force that I passively listen to. I mean, the nature of listening is very dynamic because the level of attention one pays to music changes. But still, the music is the one doing the traveling from the speakers to my ears.

However, it sounds like what some are saying is that the experience of listening to music can be enhanced when you become more of an active participant. And that, instead of the quality level affecting oneself, a bigger factor is the relationship that one has with the music.

Hmm...if that's true, then i suppose in theory ANY music that you are attracted to can be used in meditation and raising one's vibration, as long as it isn't too distracting.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Are we both on a synchronous train of thought right now?

Yesterday I told my wife that I'm taking a huge risk, and leaving all my previous experience with IT behind (after I was rejected an awesome Community Support Officer role ontop of that) and decided to get into something that I was always passionate about, and that is music!

I wanted to be able to create 'frequencies' of music, that trigger emotions as well as elevate the persons natural vibration, using technology (Electronic Music Production) and be able to perform at clubs.

I had a deep feeling of making an impact on a new form of self expression that captures the mind of an audience and seeing with my own eyes the 'bliss' they may experience without the need for them to use drugs.

If somehow, a frequency could be modulated, that allows the brain to release seratonin, endorphins and what not, would that be the best drug of all? Music is a definate access to this.

Study so far has allowed me to find that the magic 8 Hertz level could be the key to unlocking such potential.

Other studies have proved that 'bass' has the ability to make people regurgitate - however it was found that it was more of the rooms atmospheric fluctuation, such as the air being pushed around from the bass, that caused this.

Quality of the said music is a MUST, and logic would stipulate that yes, the bitrate of MP3 at its maximum is necessary - but far out of reach of the extra information a WAV or FLAC has.

The frequencies would be more subconscious.

Here are two songs that do it to me....

soundcloud.com...

and this one..

soundcloud.com...

They both triggered emotions, it was enlightening.

Oh also, I found that the beginning of the latest Star Trek, where George Kirk has to fly the USS Kelvin into the future Romulan ship, whilst the mother is giving birth to James T Kirk, the orchestra and classic music in background did this to me too.

new topics

top topics

join