It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to introduce to you a new species of animal, plant, & insect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by Swills

These are NOT new Species but new kinds within a species. A bat is a bat is a bat. A slug is a slug is a slug, an Octopus, well you get it...

Thread should be renamed, misleading at best!

Wow you must be a biologist! No, a 'bat' or a 'slug' is not a species.

www.kirksville.k12.mo.us...

Almost forgot, awesome thread OP - Stars and Flags. Nature is mind-blowingly beautiful
edit on 24-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I can't wait for us to explore the Oceans more. They say we have so far only discovered around 20% of the species in the Ocean.

The Earth is truly MASSIVE

This is all very fascinating we are still discovering new land species all the time!
edit on 24-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

I really enjoyed those pics, and the music is so dramatic and really adds to the whole feeling when you watch, I am glad you made this thread.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Sorry must be a mistake; i didn't make this thread :p just posted here. (Maybe it was a mistake your post)!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Didn't "Westerners" hunt buffalo to near extinction? Didn't Europeans to the same to whales? Everyone has a role to play in the conservation of wildlife, singling out a single group of people is unfair and biased.

Your comments didn't come across as racist...they are racist!

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis
Gooks are the aids of the earth

Really?.....Deny ignorance?
edit on 24-5-2011 by DamitJim because: Added content

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Don't apologize for the racist that you are, be proud to be a fool. Besides what's wrong with a little (Indian accent) Monkey brain? Indiana Jones fans know the reference.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

Yeah, that's about as racist as it gets. Please re-do your post. You have 4 hours to edit your post, after that they won't let you, which I don't get because I would like to edit my original post but I can't

edit on 24-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
SquidWorm!! lol.. I love the African wolf... and the lil gecko on the eraser! Amazing photos.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Didn't I see this guy on Futurama...??

Hypnotoad!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Always dig this stuff! Here are some more in a thread from a while back too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Nice thread Swills, thanks!

peace,
spec

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Amazing how little we know about the world and who we share it with.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OK, I got one, it is called a "Mangave". Most people have heard of an Agave before, a type of cactus-like succulent that grows a bloom spike after many years and then dies, leaving "pups" to grow in place of itself. The most infamous would be the Giant Blue Agave which produces Tequila!

With the Mangave, it is suspected to be a crossing of two different plant species and it has even been considered as an actual tetraploid mutation (meaning it is within a species and it spontaneously mutated). At any rate it is New and it has never existed before now.

The interesting thing about this Mangave versus other Agaves is that it can tolerate a very low temp of 9 degrees and it does not die after blooming, yet delivers "pups" just the same. It can reach 5 ft tall and 5 ft in diameter. It is aptly named Mucho Mocha.

I was fortunate to obtain three "pups" and I have a great planting bed set up for them in the future!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53df46de5bf7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
thank you... that was beautiful... nice touch with the music.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
how big is that Mossula Katydid grasshopper from hell thing? gonna have bad dreams tonight of that thing eating me

Good God I know, that thing looks pre-historic massive

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis
I'm sorry if this comes across as racist but those stupid gooks have, once again, destroyed another species and it's personal research for food. When will they, and the rest of the world, learn that they are clearly primitive humans, regardless of their technological advances? The Sneezing Snub-Nosed Monkey needs to be studied and researched on a WESTERN basis. Not on the stupid asian basis where they eat anything the see. When will society learn? Gooks are the aids of the earth. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Wow really? You call yourself a doctor and sound this ignorant?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow amazing pictures. The song was quite suiting as well. Reading about that snub nosed monkey made me very sad.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good stuff OP.. Love it, thnx!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Intense.

It makes me stop for a second and imagine that these creatures are aliens on another planet.

Also, if you cannot communicate and get along with the animals on our planet, how can we expect to one day communicate with extraterrestials?

Thank you for this thread. Gave me a lot to think about.

To think all these critters are on our planet... very cool.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh man, I didn't listen to the Requiem for a Dream music. Instead, I looked at these photos while listening to "Down By the River" by Neil Young. It was perfect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join