It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Care to Guess What Might Be In This Truck?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just saw an interesting truck getting on 95, I had to snap photos with my cell sorry for the quality. Care to guess what may be in the truck?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hmmm.... well It would lead you to believe there is an F-35 Fighter in there.. but I doubt that's the case. Could be full of Chuck Norris sex dolls for all we know.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
its a flight Simulator ive been in it before.

they bring them to fairs and stuff to promote the useless killing machine known as the US armed services.
edit on 5/23/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's probably just a component like the engines being delivered for assembly.

Nice pics though thanks for sharing them. I have never seen a F35 Lightening delivery truck. It looks pretty cool actually, if I ignore the reality behind the military industrial complex and it's crimes for a minute.

edit on 23-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

they bring them to fairs and stuff to promote the useless killing machine known as the US armed services.

I believe it was(or something similar) at Scott AFB air show last summer.

It is half full of promotional goodies, like pens and bumper stickers.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's whats in there.
It's called the "F-35 Lightning II Training System" and its from Lockheed Martin.

www.lockheedmartin.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silentc7
Hmmm.... well It would lead you to believe there is an F-35 Fighter in there.. but I doubt that's the case. Could be full of Chuck Norris sex dolls for all we know.

Chuck Norris sex dolls lol.

I just assume it's the rolling propaganda machine.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
for some reason, the movie
"The Last Starfighter" comes to mind
right about now.

Anybody else ???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Yeah, that would be my guess. A rolling propaganda machine as you say. I have seen similar things at fairs.

I've seen US Military setups with hummers and other such "cool" looking things, parked right next to a mobile recruiting station.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
how about 250 immigrants?

x-ray

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was behind an 'Iron Mountain - Data Storage' truck last week, leaving one of our museums. That was a bit creepy. Reminded me of that scene from 2012 when they were swapping the Mona Lisa.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
yup army has one too...with a fight simulator. and the marines have one too with a bar fight simulator.
Navy also has one but it just has a big hot tub in it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Like -W1LL its a flight SIM they use to get you to enlist with. its just a toy guys.
second...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I would have said video games

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
That'd be a "flight simulator", son. It is worth noting that these are usually setup for entertainment purposes at airshows and various events that draw public interest. Few people enjoy real simulators that expect them to know a thing or two about actually flying an aircraft - so, many of them are set up to be very arcade-like in nature.

Though I haven't been inside of one in a long, long while. That trend may be reversing.

Now - if you want to talk interesting trucks:

roundtable.truck.net...

The trucking community has its own mythology revolving around "ghost fleets" - trucks that you encounter on the road that don't exist on paper or in records - that sort of stuff.

Personally - the case at the top of that link seems a bit too high profile. The U.S. likes to keep its secret operations rather low-key when possible. Driving trucks under courier names (though they are not on the courier records or under contract with them) will arouse much less suspicion - and arouse much less suspicion, even in an accident.

Which is often something we overlook in the "What secret airplane are they building now club" - all of these secret and covert projects have a "resource footprint" - how do the jet engines built at a plant in Alabama end up in a fighter assembled in New Mexico? (just picking those places at random) The scope of any prototype and Limited Production Unit is going to be directly linked to the logistical challenge of covertly supporting such operations.

Inversely - any large secret and active operation is going to have an equally large supply chain that existed for its construction as well as for its continued operations in support of conventional forces.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
right about now.

Anybody else ???

Epic man, I looked for that game the better part of my youth!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie75

right about now.

Anybody else ???

Epic man, I looked for that game the better part of my youth!

There's a whole generation that grew up with a joystick/controller in their hands. Is it a coincidence that many of the current weapon systems are controlled in the same way? Fly by wire?
I wonder if the war machine didn't help in the development of video gaming (which, you have to admit, took quantum leaps since 'pong') in order to 'pre-train' and desensitize today's fighters.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Some form of midway entertainment, a flight simulator, you know, things you see at air shows and whatnot.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

There's a whole generation that grew up with a joystick/controller in their hands. Is it a coincidence that many of the current weapon systems are controlled in the same way? Fly by wire?
I wonder if the war machine didn't help in the development of video gaming (which, you have to admit, took quantum leaps since 'pong') in order to 'pre-train' and desensitize today's fighters.

It's not a coincidence - but you've gotten the order inverted. Videogames have set the standard for the military.

Though, really, aircraft have been controlled by a stick since the days of cable-powered and hydraulic-boosted controls. The analog stick developed out of that.

Lately, though, videogames have been driving military development - mostly in the way information is gathered and displayed to the pilot/soldier/etc. Videogames have long exceeded the real world because they can 'cheat' and know everything about the environment they are simulating - friendlies are easy to show on a mini-map, "radar" can be omniscient - that sort of thing.

In that sense - games have been at the foreground of figuring out how to display this information to people, and our generation is used to being bombarded with information and sorting it out (in ways never present before - older generations often have difficulty handling a simple navigational HUD). The internet has made this even more prevalent and profound.

And that's where the military is going - constructing "omniscient" radar systems using network data and displaying it to pilots and other operating personnel in an environment. The mini-map we all take for granted in Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, etc is only now making its appearance in systems available to the ground soldier (and that's been around since the dawn of "modern" FPS games on the N64).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

right about now.

Anybody else ???

lol, No.

Chances are good that a truck with that much advertising for the war machine on it has nothing of importance in it.

Flight simulator it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join