It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu rules out return to 1967 borders, Speech disrupted by protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

Israeli prime minister says Israel will not return to "indefensible" 1967 borders for achieving peace with Palestinians.

Addressing a conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committtee (AIPAC) on Tuesday in Washington, Netanyahu said Israel cannot return to the "indefensible" 1967 borders - something that the US president Barack Obama had suggested a few days earlier.

His address was disrupted several times by protesters.

Just saw this on the ticker on al-jazeera. Not really much out about his speech yet.

This is also on the news ticker.

Netanyahu says Israel will only accept "undivided Jerusalem" as capital

From what I see, Israel is going to keep doing what theyve been doing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Let Israel keep Jerusalem and Palestine can choose a few other places..

Easy does it?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Let Israel keep Jerusalem and Palestine can choose a few other places..

Easy does it?

wont happen no way will Israel give an inch. They will keep taking more and we will keep paying for it.

WW3 is all but official already and the sheeple think the BC issue is for real. Trumped ya lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The article has been updated a little bit.

english.aljazeera.net...

He said "this conflict has raged for nearly a century because the Palestinians refuse to end it. They refuse to accept the Jewish state. This is what this conflict has always been about."

Hasnt Israel been the state that keeps expanding into Palestinian territory???

"Peace with Palestinians must leave Israel with security, therefore Israel cannot return to the indefensible 1967 lines," he said.

He then condemed Hamas and brought up the captured Israeli soldier.

"Imagine keeping a young soldier locked in a dark dungeon for five years without a single visit of the Red Cross," Netanyahu said referring to Gilad Shalit, the Israeli soldier held captive by Hamas.

Isnt the state of Palestine pretty much a dungeon at the moment?

"I think the entire civilised community should join Israel, America and all of us in a simple demand: release Gilad Shalit," he said, describing the soldier's capture as an "outrageous crime".

If the soldier is released, I wonder how that will impact the peace process? Doubtful, but just maybe releasing him would do a little bit of good?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Actually... lately, Israel has been the one to give up land while Palestine keeps clamoring for more. Though, I have to say, I'm not surprised you think that if you get all your news from Aljazeera. Granted - they are not nearly as bad as I once thought but they do have an anti-Israel slant.

Try CBS, or BBC for your news.
edit on 24-5-2011 by sisgood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join