It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can someone dumb down QE3 for me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i've seen all kinds of stuff about QE3 coming and how it's bad. ok. but...maybe i'm a bit slow. i do not know ANYTHING about the market or trading. if anyone could give me some QE3 for dummies lessons, that'd be cool. or a good link?

i promise i've looked for days but can't make sense of it. what causes it to be necessary? what do "they" say it will do? what will it really do?

if this is well explained somewhere, sorry. i did use the search here and on google. couldn't find anything that made sense to me.

thanls for any info. i really wanna get familiar with this...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
These annoying robotic bears explain it pretty well.

EDIT: Sorry, Those were the wrong bears.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Fishticon84 because: I put the wrong video

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
These annoying robotic bears explain it pretty well.

EDIT: Sorry, Those were the wrong bears.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Fishticon84 because: I put the wrong video

That's a really cool video.

I think I'll share it with people.

It's always nice to see someone thinking like a banker to beat the bankers.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Don't you love how the banking elite use relatively complex sounding terms to define rather simple concepts?

QE3 is a very fancy way of saying that the federal reserve is printing money out of thin air and injecting into the treasury.

Let's say you have 10,000 in debt and you say to yourself, "self, I have run out of money and cannot pay my debt anymore". "No problem" you say to yourself, "with a mere stroke of the keyboard I wil magically make 10,000 appear in your bank account, thus quantitatively easing your way back to stability."

The only problem is that you dilute your own currency because that money is supposed to be backed by something, but it is not.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There isn't a QE3, it's only some banker's wet dream. QE2 was the last easing.

When QE2 was created, its structure provided an indefinite pool of monies from the Feds. The fact that all the extra money flow isn't propping up the Dollar as Bernanke speculated, there isn't any reason to add more money on top of what is already being pulled out daily via QE2. That's why the US Government is having a budget crises.

A QE3 would be asking the US to triple and quadruple their debt daily. That's just a stupid idea. Going that route, the US would be in QE9 by the end of 2012. It's impossible.

edit on 24-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
In layman terms, Quantitative Easing simply means bailout. Printing of digital and paper money out of thin air. It's criminal ponzi scheme orchestrated by all bankers and government worldwide.

The beneficiaries are those in high-level strata, government officials, bankers, politicians and lawmakers. The mid to low income people have to struggle with unemployment and inflation.

US government and bankers are buying time to prove to investors that their currency and economy are still worthy by buzzing default commitment.

By defaulting, US dollar will experience extreme devaluation just like Iceland.. unless the US government decides to perform some kinda fraudulent manipulation.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
With some experience in this field the real heads up on all of this is the following. Ignore q1, q2, q3, or q4.

The US creates and sells "Bonds" which allows it to pay the Fed a private bank to later print $ when the "bond" auction happens.

Basically if China had not kept its exchange rate low and exported to the US after the 1980's crash the $ would worthless already.

The Chinese amongst others have been buying the bonds.

Roll onto last crisis, a few years ago the chinese still buy some bonds but not as much, trade in Oil for example the Iranian Oil Bourse went from Dollars to other currencies.

The Chinese are still keeping their exchange rate low to aloow lots of cheap exports.

But now the Chinese and others dont want the Dollars so they are not buying so many bonds and as the $ flow to china to pay for the goods they are buying putting those $ into Africa and also buying huge amounts of Gold.

One of the last parts of the bailouts is the fact that basically the US has been using credit cards to pay for other credit card interest payments.

The last bailout allowed for the first time ever the Fed to BUY the Bonds themselves. So the US has been buying or borrowing propping up its own economy by buying its own debt and allowing for the printing of the $ therefore Quantitive Easing. With the only winner the Private Bank the Fed. Use a credit card to pay the mortgage.

The last Auction of Bonds that the fed under the bailout can purchase will be in late July this year.

What I WOULD watch is who will buy the bonds after this date.

If bonds go to auction and not all of them are bought then the Fed cant print the Money they represent, stopping Quantiative easing and putting a break on any recovery, also it has the potential in just one Quarter to decimate the value of the $ and also create a Run on the $.

This is further exasperatted by the fact that for each $ printed there is no real worth, besides a peice of paper an IOU from the US but it is obvious that it cant pay them. The US $ is starting to look like a Default Sawp on the most unsuiatable and most likely to default loan in the biggest terms ever seen by humanity.

The rising price of Gold is an indication of this, no sane investor will buy the $ its overstretched and over valued.

Watch the Bond Auctions late July, research what ive said, ignore fed numbers of jounalists, for a quick snapshot of whats the real risk, watch gold and commodity prices, watch the $ and international flight from it as a holding now and its perceived future worth or ability to pay its debts, see how many auctions go with no fed buyout before all bonds put up dont sell.

As soon as you see around a 1/4 or more of bonds on 2 consequative auctions not being sold then it truley has started and will roll very quickly with a herd like panic after that.

Truth unfortunately wish it was not.

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 24-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanations everyone.

So from what I gather, there's no definite time line but it should happen by mid-summer, if not sooner. Correct?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I would say to be pretty definate within the time frame of now to next year at this time after cristmass boost.

As said the run on the dollar could go quickly from August but there are enough multi billionaires and "creative Accounting" to keep the $ appearing k for a few months after that, but with none of the traditional big state and Hedge buyers (they are all shorting $ or plan to) private investors and friends of the US cannot keep it going for more than 6 months, so at latest Spring of next year end of march maybe just after April 1st figures, and projections spending for gov.

Of course Greece, portugal and Ireland spain could all go to the wall before then delaying or even speeding this up.

I wrote on here many years ago about gold buy buy buy whilst Gordon Brown sold most of the UK's at the lowest price that being $280 and oz now at $1500 and more, have on here predicted correctly the Oil jump almost to the aday and $ amount afew years ago, also banged on about sub prime and mortgage lending bubble.

Ive only said 3 times on ATS specifics on what will happen in the economy.

All three times spot on.

Worked the field lknow it well ahve the bits of paper and experience.

I will put another one out there.

Gold at $2000 an oz or more by end of next spring maybe even $6k an oz if dollar collapses.

Bi Flation is now more than appernet in the follwing countries though not mentioned in mSM or by economists Ive looked at the hard data, the numbers over the last few months

USA
UK
75% of Europe
China (as property bubble about to go is entering bi flation within 12 months)

Japan (fuc**d basically was in bi flation to tsunami dont even have a description for what is truly happening there since and now, stagflation suppose with imminent stock or currency collapse)

South Africa
Australia and also
Canada.

History and later evaluation will show this in the MSM, and again it will be said no one say it coming Well I did and there you are and they know to but keep it quite.

Interest rates 1 yt today will have to be at 5.5% or higher in the UK at least 5% if not 10% as investors/savers run from inflationary pressures.

22% or there abouts vacant and endebted properties in the USA.

Samish for britain maybe bit less about 17-18%

Oil maybe $150 or higher (sweet spot crude)

Flag it, like ive done before I will bet the Cost of one barrell of sweet crude at 1 yr today I am correct above, but leave out within the bet the mortagged properties still too much hidden who knows real figures.

I will give that money by transfer to a mod who will then give it to the named Charity of the person who bets. I will only accept one challenge and wont rush as time is on my side.

If anyone excepts the offer they have to prove to be in work or can afford it, and also the same will apply will give to mod who will give to "The Alzheimers Society" in the UK.

You never see Bi Flation mentioned, everyone keeps referring to kenysion Stagflation, its NOT YET BI flation is happening now and I challenge anyone to correct me on that even the FEed using actually data and figures cos I can prove it is so by them.

Bi Flation is the way governments keep us spending when we shouldnt really on new goods white goods TV's etc as dropping in price everywhere all comp stuff all electronic stuff, but inflation on the currency happens at the same time and commodities and true costs go up, energy, housing, food cotton etc etc.

As the commodities are rising so fast in inflationary terms we should in the Uk be posting about 10% if true figures were known, but the continued and increaserd purchases of White goods and tv's etc ast they are all on sale and half the price compared to last year skews the actual inflation figures showing us the 4.5% we see in the UK and reported in the US.

This is the final lie and cover up, Bi flation and whats currently hapenning is known about by BOE fed governments, but they cant own up to it as all purchases will then stop.... its the last kick in the head by bansk and governments to the people.

Its like leading the jews to Austwhitch with luxury trains telling them they are going on a luxury holiday, all is well and making the outside of the camp all nice and friendly, when the get inside and doors shut realise the truth.

Same with Bi Flation they are leading us of the edge of a financial cliff with no way back and by the time Bi Flation is ever reported or acknoledged its was to late the damage is done and 20% of the value of all bbonds stock housing savings is wiped out almost immediately.

Any Hyperinflation we see or even stag flation has its Roots NOW in this hidden bi Flationary period. Saying hyperinflation or stag flagtion is the problem or the driver is a lie to all the people of the earth. It is the result or symptom of something else, its like saying the cause of a cold and the real enemy is a runny nose.

3 out of 3 right before, this is how confident I am of what I say and have researched.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So where are our small business bail outs, start up bail outs, and even expansion bail outs?!

The greedy bankers and mega corps are holding out on the people that's where, and they are greedy enough to force the nations into debt so they have a new form of slavery.

Soon cash tellers will be replaced by push button auto teller menus. Factory workers have already been replaced by robots on the manufacturing lines. Soldiers are being phased out by UAV combat drones and SWORDS.

Next is Robocop, as people demand an answer to the encroaching police state, an unbiased law based officer... not a wheelchair slamming grandma beating, in his house Marine murdering jackboot thugs!

People need to see that finance debt is slavery, as is consumerism, diseases of the mind and society.

Together as a people the world over, has to wake and see.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Depends on your line of reasoning.. I think the Fed may at least try a QE3, maybe cut it short, maybe not.. The whole idea of QE is to cause inflation but not drastic inflation, and do it only for the short term. So as QE's debt matures and passes, QE3 will be the next cycle, even if it gets out of hand, like QE2 it comes with an on/off button.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
QE1, 2, 3, etc. is wealth distribution by devaluing the dollars earned by employees and transferring that wealth to whoever the federal government backs (anyone with failed business models, anyone who doesn't work).

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So where are our small business bail outs, start up bail outs, and even expansion bail outs?!

It was never meant to bail out the small businessman. If your business isn't profitible enough to expand on it's own merit then government money would be wasted on it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
QE is a very successful monetary tool used by governments and successfully used by the US government to advert a major depression. It helps stimulate the economy and allows banks to increase their reserves. Many people here dislike it but thats because most here do not understand it.

It is not like printing money and if used properly will not cause hyperinflation like many people claim.

here

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So QE1 and 2 were successful at driving down the value of the dollar and increasing the price of stocks and commodities such as oil, gas, food.

What I'm wondering about when it comes to further QE 3 or continued bond buying or keeping the Fed's holdings or whatever they are saying to keep the stimulus in place, does this mean more of the same? Is the Fed planning on increasing the size of their bond holdings just like they did with QE2 but simply not calling it QE3? I'm trying to understand what the FED means when they say they will keep the stimulus in place and/or increase their holdings.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Qe3 is just a scientific sounding name to "printing more money" kind of like how they changed swine flu into H1N1, so now the new round of stimulus is QE1, QE2, QE3, etc.

The important thing is not so much what QE3 is or is not, but the fact that Qe4, 5, 6, 7 etc will happen, meaning all the Qe's are worthless and designed to fail.

new topics

top topics

join