It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember a few weeks back where everyone's compasses were way off?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just came across this in my latest youtube subscriptions:

With so much else that is happening at ever increasing frequency and magnitude, I had almost forgot about the magnetic/sun anomalies that many of us were observing up to and around the Japan disaster. Now granted the above video is FAR from being anything remotely....scientific, but that seems pretty far off if you ask me
Even more so when you hear the guy mention how he used to remember the Sun being lined up with the tall pine tree across the street during this time of year instead of relying on a compass direction. Anyways FWIW. Please share if you too have began noticing big magnetic deviations as of late?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I thought it was already well established that north isn't north anymore. If you use a compass instead of GPS you will be lost. They shut down a airport last winter in Florida to change the coordinates.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If the Sun lining up with the pine tree isn't conclusive scientific evidence of the world ending... ...then I don't know what is.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

The sun would only be exactly west on the Spring Equinox and between that date and Summer Solstice it moves more north due to the axis of the earth.....After the Summer Solstice, it begins to move more west and south. During the fall equinox the sun will be further south.

Nothing appears out of ordinary...... From my house the sun is exactly where it is supposed to be

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

NO, not accurate:

They shut down a airport last winter in Florida to change the coordinates.

It's amazing how a minor story gets blown out of proportion. The true facts about the Tampa Airport are, the two parallel north/south runways had to be re-designated because of a tiny bit of magnetic north pole change (drift) that has been observed and measured for decades.

This was merely a matter of re-painting, and changing some signs along taxiways, and issuing revised charts and such, to reflect the changes. Airport runways are all numbered according to their magnetic direction, rounded to the nearest whole multiple of ten. Sometimes, a runway's direction will be "on the cusp"...not 010°, or 360°.....but in-between, like 005.2°. That would normally round 'up' to "010", and thus, the runway would be designated "01".

If, when last measured (however years ago) the runway's heading was, say....004.4°.....then, that would round down to (we never use '000'°) 360°....or, Runway 36. (Always dropping the last zero).

BTW....Tampa didn't have to "shut down"....temporary runway closures, one at a time, and there is a third east/west runway for use, as well....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My sun if off here to , to where it was last year at this time. It now does not come through my window in the morning like it did last year nor does it set with it's light coming in through my back sliding doors. Just wait till Sept. when we want see the sun for 2-3 days....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Using last year at this time is not very scientific. A few days can make a huge difference when the sun is nearing the solstice.... Do you mean last year this time this EXACT DATE?? Have you marked it? It would be interesting to do that now and check again next year to be for sure.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
ummm... dont you think putting a compass on a metal car bonnet is likely to throw out the reading?

arent you supposed to keep magnets away from ferrous metals? doesnt that warp a compasses reading.. .. ..?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Funny that - when I backed out of my drive way today to pick up my girlfriend from work, I noticed the sun was a bit more to the north than I remember it being last year. So I assumed that it was just the time of year because the last I remember it being closer to completely west was probably fall of last year. I think I'm just seeing the sun in it's different seasonal positions. And well...if not, I am witnessing something odd going on. Either way is fine with me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have a compass right here with me as I type.
That compass is still pointing North where North has always been.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nobody has to listen to me I am not the expert however the experts say that it is moving approximately 40 miles a year towards Russia. The main runway was shut down along with at least one other for changing signs painting the runways etc of course they have known it for a while the scientists have been tracking the movement for decades. You are right they didn;t shut it down completely so I will restate (parts) of the airport had to be shut down.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho...you are hilarious dude! I love it!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You have posed a question, believe it or NOT !?!?!

What is that guys declination

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I personally think it has to do with the large earthquakes in the past year, earth's axis off by a few degrees.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
my cell phone's compass has been saying "magnetic anomaly detected" and tells me to recalibrate it when i use it. its been doing this for awhile now, and recalibrating doesn't help.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

It's actually on his garbage/recycling bin. Which is plastic. Halfway through the video he back's up and you can see it..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
we have a bunch of mossy growth on our roof in the front of the house (north) because it never receives sun.

i always smoked / let the dogs out, out front as well.

this spring is the first time i have ever noticed the sun shining on the front of the house....just like this video says, the sun seems to be too far north

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I concur. The sun is further north and is setting in a place where it has never before. And I have been here 18 yrs.
I noticed it earlier this year and I just thought the Japanese EQ did more damage to the axis then we are being told.

Either that or something more magnetic than Earth is having an effect and pulling us over.
And maybe this is also having an effect on Yellowstone, as the Earth is revolving towards the sun on a daily basis, Yellowstone is showing magma agitation only in daylight hours. Isn't magma magnetic?

So what could be more magnetic than Earth?

new topics

top topics

join