It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalpse preacher now saying October 21

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I hope there are many lawsuits against this snake oil sales man.
It's nice that he has a handy back up story.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm not a religionist, but there was a very good reason why the Bible commanded that false prophets be put to DEATH.

Imagine a very charismatic con-man thousands of years ago. He gets people riled up, he has a prophesy, maybe a year out, maybe five years, whatever. During that time, the guy could literally manage to cause a civil war, split a kingdom, literally depose the king!

A few years later, when the prophesy fails, it's already too late. The king is dead, the kingdom is split, perhaps thousands have died.

Now fast-forward to our time. Something needs to be done to stop these beasts. Of course, free speech and all that...Well, how about the FIRST time around. But if you screw up, that's IT. You keep your mouth shut, or society hands you consequences.

Camping is one old fool, but what about the next one? What if we got Camping rolled into Hitler? Sheesh. People need to see there might just be a danger here, and next time it might not just be one nutty woman killing her kid.

These people are dangerous. Let's not forget The Rev. Jones and his cool-aid.

JR

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Can this stupid old man just die already?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah well, Tx woman suceeded in killing her 6 yr old son because of Campung.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I agree. People like Harold Camping are dangerous. He has the freedom to preach what he wants, but I feel as a writer, I have the obligation to call him out on his deception. I've been doing so on my website for months... and I will continue to do so. He has completely remade the Family Radio website to erase any trace of the May 21, 2011 prediction. He has made it as though it never happened. He takes no personal accountability for those who donated their lives savings to his ministry. When asked if he had any advice for those who are now penniless and have (according to him) to live another 5 months before the REAL judgement day he says, "No not really. People cope."

Whether or not he has the RIGHT to say what he does and impose his influence upon his followers, does not mean that those who see him for the charlatan that he is should go easy on him. I won't.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Honestly? C'mon... hasn't this guy done enough damage already? You'd think that at some point he would just see that he needs to STFU!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

how do they work this stuff out? does the bible give a date? are they actually asking 'god' and getting a reply?
do they look at the tea leafs in their tea cup? do they throw bones and see how they land? or are they just making up random dates?

i really really really would love to know how they arrive at their dates for the end of the world. does anybody know?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Another sad round of people getting screwed...I can't believe they did not kill him already.

I mean that both ways, either literally or at least kill his message.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
He will be a whole lot closer with this October date that he was with this May date...I look for a lot of trouble on this earth in September, around 21st-30th. Good Luck Harold...The 3rd time is a charm...at least that is what a op. here at ATS told me one time when I was trying to make a post and had the first 2 deleted.......lol...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok from what I've heard, this senile old geezer claimed that the rapture would be on May 21st, and the end of the world would be on October 21st. Honestly if the rapture did occur on May 21st, I think only one out of every couple thousand would be 'saved', so we really would not notice a significant difference. Still, if it did happen, some of the few that were raptured(?) would have to be seen by another person when they vanish into the heavens or whatever. Regardless of that, I would not even consider believing this idiot, and anybody that takes his word for it is stupid.

That dude asked a good question, how does he come up with this date? Maybe Alzheimers is kicking in, and his memories of his grandsons birthday are being crossed with apocalypse theories.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good for Harold Camp, We make a lot more sense to some people now, many captives have and will yet be set free from the bonds of religion. Do it again Harold.

edit on 23-5-2011 by NGC4826 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Who cares what he says, if people kill themselves over it then they are the stupid ones.

To believe in the rapture you would have to be christian, if you are christian you SHOULD be nice a person and also beleive in god, then what have they got to worry about ? they're going to heaven....arn't they ?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
I love how he's decided to let the world go out with a bang, like its his frackin' decision.

1. I love that you just said 'frackin'
2. Seriously...my calendar is running out of doomsday prediction room! AHHHHH I think I need to go buy a new one.
3. Why doesn't anyone ever say 'On such and such a day, the entire world will erupt in spontaneous applause and hilarious belly aching laughter'.

Now there's a an event I'd mark down in my calendar and fulfill myself!

Ohhhh Harold Camping, go camp your doomsday threats someplace else!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I wonder..

I wonder why in anyone's right mind that they would take the word of ONE man over the word of many in an instance like this. I've listened to Mr Camping and I don't find him all that "crowd" savvy. Jim Bakker and his ilk were a lot better at moving the crowd than this gentleman seems to be.

I do believe in my heart that Mr Camping is sincere that he believes what he's saying. That he isn't just on some "take the money and run" mission, does it make him right, probably not, but.. It could be the sincerity of his words that made the people believe.

I hope however come October 21st we don't see a repeat of people wasting their life savings and trying to kill themselves to avoid the end, that is a sad statement, if it really is the end of the world (and I am far from saying it is) we should not give in to such primal instincts, and instead face it with pride.

I, however on October 21st will be doing what I always do, reading ATS and watching the comments as another empty prediction comes to pass with no results.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
All I can say, is its too much of a coincidence that the cult leaders dates coincide with

Operation Uban Sheild

Something is up with this - either is a Psy Ops or maybe this guy is funded by TPTB.

Seriously, he is no way in his right mind about this, and it smacks of .....

Well, you know.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Bible prophecy is how people try to determine such things. Daniels 70 week prophecy, Daniel 9; 24-27.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Yeah well, Tx woman suceeded in killing her 6 yr old son because of Campung.

www.nydailynews.com...

How does that article have anything to do with Harold Camping's predictions?

No offense, but you should actually read the stuff before posting it... Not once in the article does it mention Camping's prediction. Furthermore in no way is it attributing the death of this boy to the May 21st prophecy Camping was betting on.

P.S. You should have noticed it was authored on the 19th of May 2011, thus making the Saturday on which the boy's body was found, be the 14th of May.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Good point, except that no one gets saved. Camping's entire belief system, as with any Christian, has been skewed by centuries of change to suit the needs of the times. If the Rapture were real, there wouldn't be a soul on this earth that would be saved.
Maybe a handful of 'Jews for Jesus', but even then, I doubt it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That guy is so full of crap. I bet the next thing he will say is that God made him create a failed prophecy in order to test the faith of the so called "true believers".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And who is going to judge us? God or satan..........

The end of the world will come when we blow ourselves up or something else blows us up.

Could be tomorrow or could be never. I am not going to worry about things I have no control over!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join