It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalpse preacher now saying October 21

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There is no "out" for Mr. Camping in terms of the world ending on October 21st instead of May 21st. It doesn't matter if he didn't say the "world would end" on May 21st. That's irrelevant. He said there would be a worldwide earthquake beginning in New Zealand on May 21st at 6 PM. He said the "bible guarantees it." He said he had "infallible proof." It doesn't get any more unambiguous than that. He was wrong.

Moving the goal posts in this case, in my opinion, is just a dreadful thing to do. Especially when his response to those who donated to the $17 million he received in relation to the first prediction is, "We just had a horrible recession. People survived that, so they'll survive giving up their life savings, too!" (Paraphrased from memory.)

I respect everyone’s religious beliefs. But when you’re taking money from people, and you’ve already been wrong twice in the process (he was wrong in 1994 as well,) then your belief is going beyond being personal and is causing real, tangible harm in my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It doesn´t, but he is taking a stab at you because you are Christian. He himself is Muslim. You´re welcome.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oh now this is the third time... now its happening in october? idk what this guys up too

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Anyone who even listens to someone that looks like this preacher deserves whatever horrible fate is bestowed upon them! It is ridiculous for anyone to make up such nonsense, then be allowed to return, choose another date, yet again, and continue to actually have individuals believe in this.

Here is a fact: No one, not one person, entity, spiritual hierarchy, corporate body, cabinet member, preacher, individual, on this earth can ever make a prediction such as the world ending, not even the Mayans.
If you were to even go down to the Mayan riviera and into the jungle right now and talk to the Mayan people, they would say that the whole 2012 thing is a falsified fictional depiction of what is to truly happen, which is the rebirth of a cyclical calendar and nothing more. They are even preparing down there for the 2012 festivals. Nothing to do with the end of the world at all. This whole doomsday crap has got to stop. I truly believe that the longer people let themselves fall too far down the rabbit hole without trying to climb back out, that they are dooming themselves for significant periods of time. Until hopefully they realize that one day in 2018, when they come back to reality, they will see the true reasons for why all this doom and gloom,UFO, conspiracy stuff was truly created.

MONEY! FAME, FORTUNE.

Its time to wake up people, take back your lives & look around you on this beautiful earth and see what a magnificent planet we truly live in.

You are spending much time doing what you are doing : "dooming themselves" : you must care about people much. Be careful you are not dooming them then. The cut of what you said is wrong : you havent asked modern mayans either

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

This time conicides with the comet elenin alignment due 10/26/2011. With the past three alignments coninciding with large quakes on earth it will be interesting to see what the next two alignments have in store. The 10/21/2011 will probably be the worst one with the Earth between the sun and Elenin. There was a post on ATS about the Maya and their calendar and it's 26k yr cycle, They and the Hopi said that there had been three huge earth movements with another to come. 26k yrs ago Taupo Caldera had a huge eruption, 52k yrs ago Valles Caldera had a huge eruption, and 78k yrs ago Toba had a super eruption. So the Maya were right and this proves that their history went back farther than we had thought. the end of their 26k yrs cycle is very close and any point between now and then is statistically 26k years, Yellowstone has risen more than 7 feet in some areas since the first surveys were done in the early 1920's. Most recently making news with an accelerated uplift over the past decade which is now slowing, inflate a balloon tell me what happens right before it pops, and most recently with news that the magma bubble is much large than once thought. Nostradamus spoke of an event at 45 degrees, saying that immensely huge flame will leap up and be visible from the New City. Where does Yellowstone sit? 44.5 degrees. Yellowstone is tied to the New Madrid and San Endres fault lines, either of those go so does Yellowstone. You people need to open your eyes to everything that is going on around you, All these different religious or what ever prophecies are unfolding around us, Islamic prophesy is unfolding in the middle east, as well as Christian as Harold is trying to warn u about, but as I could see from the numerous posts on here following yours ignorance is truely blind.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ASilentWitness

Harold first claim was to judgement day, man is judged for 5 mo prior to the rapture

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
And on Oct 21st he will come out with another revised date.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Everyone still here? I thought so.
October 28th coming up next...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Give the guy a break. Obvious he is a fraud, get over yourself. This isn't the first time history. ANyway, I do believe in the EOW to happen in 2012ish. That also includes the year 2011. It has been a wild ride thus far in 2011,

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
not as much hype as the last time
or the time before the last time
I'm not holding my breath on this one I would be more concerned about economic collapse.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join