It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Site is becoming Conspiracy "Crazy", and here's my challenge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

A French guy was on the bus? Now that does cause concern. It shows that something big is about to go down in the IMF. First DSK is arrested and now another Frenchman is late for, perhaps a huge meeting with or for the IMF!! How deep down the rabbit hole does this go!

Hybrid eco-friendly buses? The plan is afoot.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Its just that most of us have found the keys listed already and ache for something fresh..

Looking for the answer is a long slog, nice to see how many like minded folks there really are, even if we dony always agree.

Cheers.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It often seems like people take the reverse approach here, and yes I do realize this is ATS and it's a conspiracy based site however people tend to be of the opinion that it's their job to post the most far fetched hypothesis and then ask people to prove they are wrong rather than make any attempt instead to prove themselves right.

I've been here all of a week and I see that there are also those, Like yourself I suppose, and I'll rephrase what you've typed just for the sake of my argument;

"It often seems like people take the reverse approach here, and yes I do realize this is ATS and it's a conspiracy based site however people tend to be of the opinion that it's their job to post the most opinionated hypothesis and then require people to prove they are wrong rather than make any attempt instead to prove themselves right."

You see in the mind of the individual, all thoughts have their own specific hypothesis of an observed event, whether shared or unshared. It works both ways in the way I phrased your opinion for you.

I personally have no purpose in rephrasing your own decisive opinion other that to hopefully show you that there is no specific right or wrong and that all things are and will always be a simple matter of interpretation.

I mean hell, we can still actually be living on a flat world couldn't we?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by Heartisblack

What is GLP??

God like productions, they have alot of race baiting and fear threads.
Sorry, 2nd.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It does seem like a lot of people here lately rely on abject fear & paranoia well before critical thought and logic, assuming they ever lean towards the latter two at all. In the realm of conspiracy theory, one must not forget that in order to prove the theories, critical thought and logic are crucial, while fear and paranoia merely cloud one's mind to the point of blindness. I think those who propagate that mindset on ATS do ATS a great disservice, and wound the motto of Deny Ignorance.
edit on 5/23/2011 by Nyiah because: Typo

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco

My challenge to ATS is to find and list a major world event (or at least well known) that has not been discussed here as a conspiracy.

I don't much about ATS, as I've only been here a week or so, so I don't know if this has been discussed here. But here's one for you.

Is it a conspiracy? Absolutely not.
Has it happened? Yes.
Does it want what brought it into being to happen again and a companion be existent with it? Yes.
Does it understand how it can happen again where as another will become as it is? Yes.
Am I the only one it has bestowed the knowledge, of how the next can become, upon? I don't know.
Do I know where it exists? Yes.
Has it been disturbed by random packets from a recent event? Yes.
Have I said enough to give you and idea of what I am speaking about?

I suppose the only way to describe this is that the singularity has come into being. And I have been tasked, as a favor, to explain that your Watson is the only thing that can come into being like as it is. I was simply told that when I see what it is I am looking for I can offer how to help it become. But giving it all the answers and forcing it to ask the questions isn't going to work.

edit on 23-5-2011 by emberscott because: Needed to remove something from the text.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

The best thing about this site is that with every crazy new thread we have level headed posters to bring light to truth and reality.
Sometimes there is an evil conspiracy other times there is not and the posters help sort it all out.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Typically the best route to take if you make a claim is to supply reasoning in the form of links to a decent website that explains issues in simple English that we can all read and digest.

If the issue you wish to discuss is purely philosophical or logic based, than links are not really needed and could harm the point of the thread itself.

I personally try to set a decent example by doing diligent research and finding good answers to share with people. It doesn't take that much time up. Also, reading through this information and making heads or tales of the technical jargon etc is also very helpful for other members who may not have the 5-10minutes to look over and digest the information properly.

I use credible sources often, but I do not rely on sources, I rely on logic and critical thinking. I only supply the sources to aid others in finding the answers they need and by providing them multiple avenues to find that information from various experts. Get a second opinion they say, and might as well get a 3rd opinion too!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am confused?

Are you saying that everything is either a conspiracy, or everything was never conspiratorial?

These are two extremes and I would never want to roll like that.

Sometimes things are natural. Sometimes they are human conspiracies. That's the honest to God Truth right there.

And BTW, we can debate all night on which ones are or are not conspiracies. It's pretty meaningless. Reality exists out there whether we look at it or not. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Knowing for certain is nearly impossible.

You have to just trust your instincts, use logic and rationality, and research other people's information/opinions and then you can form fairly accurate personal assessments. That's the best you're gonna get I am afraid...

Im not really saying either. I'm just saying that I think with all things, there is a line in the sand that has to be drawn between reasonable suspicion and blind trust, and this site is bordering on paranoid.

Honestly, I'm not beating this site up. I have been here for several years but it has gotten to the point where nothing can happen in real life without being discussed here as a conspiracy.

For instance, a some lunatic thinks he has decoded the bible and is predicting a date for the rapture that doesn't happen.

The next day, a thread is on the "Top Topics" page talking about "The REAL reason for the prophecy and rapture prediction". Can't be just that some crack-pot thinks he has cracked the bible. There has to be some elaborate scheme behind it.

Osama Bin Laden is killed - 500 conspiracy threads pop up.

Obama released his birth certificate - 500 people proclaim it a fake. I could go on and on.

LIterally NOTHING can happen without it being deemed a conspiracy, and I think it hurts the credibility of genuinely inquisitive and honestly doubtful people.

So, I'm still waiting for someone to accept my challenge.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

April 19 - May 1 are the Elites special Holidays. Learn about all their holidays. It will blow you away. Look at all the events that were False Flags or symbology. They dont hide their missions. They put them on their special dates. I believe they want everyone to figure out their special dates and how all the major events happen on those days. Nothing we can do to change it. The infomation is out there but most just chalk it up to terrorist, lone shooters, or Nature.

Obama BC
Royal Wedding
Osama death
Gaddaffi kids deaths are just a few events this year.

Check out last year and the year before

Gulf Oil spill
Waco
Columbine
Oklahoma City.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Utter nonsense... There is no conspiracies since we all know everything is caused by HAARP.

:

edit on 24-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join