It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been posted already. But your #4 from above is utterly, and completely false. I'm going to give one example and that is:

The July 11th 1991 UFO sighting above the world's largest city: Mexico City. The UFO was seen by not only 10's of thousands, but possibly millions as the UFO was visible while everyone was looking up at the solar eclipse. The UFO was also filmed from dozens of vantage points from all over the city and outside of the city. The sighting is also known as the most significant single mass UFO sighting and event of the last century

Here is a brief video of the 1991 UFO from one vantage point:

I would ask you to do much more research before coming to the false conclusions that you have just shown in this thread.

edit on 24-5-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: typo

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
No aliens are visiting earth, anyone claiming to be in contact with them is lying for various reasons, no GOOD video or photo evidence has been presented that wasn't later proven a hoax. No day time mass sighting has taken place that WASN'T a bunch of balloons.

Why are the skeptics the ones lying in this thread? There have been a number of cases and mass sightings out there that have yet to be debunked or thoroughly explained away as "balloons" or the planet Venus or swamp gas or whatever lame excuse you want to put forth. Even the government admitted that there were cases out there that they had no explanation for.

Originally posted by Crutchley29
The UFO fantasists would like to point you towards the mountain of "evidence" sitting in their special folder on C: labelled "TOP SECRET" but really...I could point you to the equally large mountain of proven hoaxes and sensationalist stories that comprise the majority of information we have on UFO's in the "Alien" sense.

So we should just ignore all of the credible information out there that comes from reputable sources simply because there also exists bogus information from unscrupulous sources? I don't think even the most die hard of the professional skeptics would make that point. That's a bit like when creationists try to debunk all of the evidence that stands behind evolution by pointing to hoaxes such as Piltdown Man. It's just a lame attempt to try and get out of providing answers for the really good UFO cases out there.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Dude there have been MASS SIGHTINGS over Mexico city and many other in Mexico. Haha 35 years of investigation and you didn't know this? This is Mainstream News!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I wont lie I read a few lines and that was it...

Do you know what a UFO is? It is an "unidentified flying object" which means it could be anything! UFO doesn't mean alien....After 30 yrs research you should know this by now.

I have seen 2 in the last 2 yrs I have lived where i am currently and those things did things i have NEVER seen a plane do. I see planes all the time where I live and these things were extremely fast and then just disappeared. I am not saying they were alien in origin but they were definitely UFOs...which could mean anything.

UFOs DO exist.

EXACTLY!

Originally posted by Praetorius

To state that UFOs don't exist is simply silly - no offense intended, friend.

The argument should be that UFOs have nothing to do with extraterrestrial or other-worldly origins. Various militaries and governmental agencies/representatives have confirmed there is a phenomena occurring - the correct question is what exactly explains the phenomena.

We have accounts of UFOs even being involved in activating nuclear defense systems as well as eluding military pursuit.

You're simply trying to answer the wrong question here.

You saved me a lot of typing, my thoughts exactly.

Cheers

edit on 25-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Obviously the OP has never actually seen UFO.

One actual sighting is all it takes.

100 years of looking at fuzzy photos and reading opinions won't make a UFO materialize before your eyes.

Here's a tip: Take the nose out of the book, away from the screen, point it towards the sky. You might be surprised.

Not knowing what something is doesn't force it out of existence.

Here is another tip: Drive away from the population, and toward remote military installations...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

So you dont believe in ufo's, do you believe in life on other planets ?
Just checking.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You forgot to add the following to the list of what's BS mate!

1. Bigfoot
2. El Chupacabra
3. President Obama's original long form birth certificate
4. God
5. Allah
6. Jesus
7. Sarah Palin's brain

And finally..............

8. George W. Bush making the right decisions!!!!!!

There is absolutely no proof of the above, so looks like you will have to add them to the list too.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

In the grand scheme of things, i have reasons as to why what you are saying is wrong.

Imagine you are the elite and imagine that extra terrestrials had come to the earth you would not want the public to know of their presence for reasons such as:

A: Loss of trust to higher powers
B: if they have greater technology to advance our species where money would not be necessary anymore the monitory system would obviously fail e.g thought manifestation (theoretically)
C: People would no longer listen to the higher powers
D: Technology would become to advanced too fast to control the general public
E: People would be scared
F: Weak minded people would lose faith in their religious beliefs resulting in more war ( im christian but not weak minded - i mean no offense)
G: Utter chaos due to loss of trust
etc....

im sure other people could think of more......

but if you think about it, we are a small spec in a universe so large and multi-dimensional there is no way in heaven, earth or hell we are the only planet in a system so large that supports life!

so ufos may actually exist but the gov and the elite will try to cover it up as much as they can, look at
www.sevilla111.com

it is a 111 gigapixel shot of sevile, click on the plane image (3rd from left to right) and zoom out a 11 clicks and go to the brown building behind the white buildings go up a bit and to the left you can see a craft almost tailing the plane and if you go even more to the right you can see more of them in the distance, i found this the other day. and found that people had posted other ET stuff about it on this website.

but you cannot just rule it out.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist.I do not reach this conclusion lightly. I cite the following reasons.

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

You couldn't have studied it that extensively if you clearly don't know the meaning of the acronym, UFO. It means Unidentified Flying Object. Which mean, there is an object in Earth's sky, it is seemingly flying, but cannot be identified as to what it is, only speculation exists. But, seeing that you take UFOs for extraterrestrial life, I'll humour you. With UFOs, the witness never really wins...if the photo is too blurry, it's labeled as a fake and useless. If it's too good, it's labeled as a fake and either edited or photoshoped.In any case, it isn't as easy as many people think it is to have video or photo evidence. Because, in this day and age, computers can make some pretty realistic looking flying phenomena. Seen the movies lately? There is one specifically famous photograph taken in the 30s I believe, before any sort of easy photo manipulation capabilities came up. Most experts agree that particular photo is 100% real.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

False logic my friend. That statement lacks a bit of reasoning. What if, they have left something(s) that indicated their presence... But what if, we aren't smart enough to really figure it out and conclusively say..."This belongs to ET?" Guess what? That already is the case. There are many things in humanity's ancient history that today's greatest minds cannot figure out. A lot of them have actually recently started to consider the idea that ETs are responsible for some of them.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

You don't know this. If the people in charge knew of ETs existence, and they'd prefer to keep it under wraps, you won't see a press conference in the UN headquaters about it. There are many, many higher ups in many of the world's governments that have come forward and say, ETs exist and we have proof. Some even providing proof. Canada and China are two nations that seem to be a lot more open minded about their existence. That's a pun on your name right there

Tens of thousands? Maybe not! But there have been mass sightings before, in the hundreds. But I guess that's not good enough for you huh? In fact, if you count all the reported sightings over the past century...you may get the figures you're looking for. that has to count for something right? As a matter of fact, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure if you halve that number, you'll get some figures that make your eye bros go up. But, I'm sure that won't be enough for you either.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

Actually, most proponents of the UFO phenomena simply attempt to show the world enough evidence so that people can accept that maybe they really do exist, so they're not constantly ridiculed and seen as mad. Most supporter's of ETs existence don't reap any profits. Few of them have books or websites. The ones that do aren't really the majority, surprisingly. And even if your claim was in fact the case, what's wrong with putting your beliefs and findings in a book and selling it? It's called making money...you do it too! Might as well make money doing something you love. And if you love studying ETs and compiling information...f**k it, make money from it too. You're not paying their bills, they are. They can earn an income in whatever way they deem fit within the legal system. Besides, most of the info in their books/dvds/websites (which are mostly free thanks to ads - hey, isn't ATS free?) can be found...for free! Your argument...has been put to rest.

I know this will probably upset some people. But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

Maybe we don't have what you'd consider to be proof. But I'll tell you what we do have, we have lots and lots, and lots, and lots of evidence. Some of it poor, some of it eye-opening!

The only thing I've learnt from this thread, and more specifically from you, is that in contrast to your username, you're actually closed minded, not as smart as you'd like to think, stubborn, biased and you're upset that you purchased the Bible or whatever religious book or scientific book you idolize. By your logic, shouldn't the Bible and everything knowledgeable be free?

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids! Grow up!

Oh, and lastly...you believe in logic and try rationalizing things huh? Rationalize this; the amount of planets, circling stars that form galaxies...that are in the billions. Yeah...extraterrestrial life definitely couldn't exist with those odds.
edit on 25-5-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is really weird.... A man's deposition is enough in a trial to send another man to death, while thousands of thousands people witnesses are not sufficient to state UFOs are real.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
UFOs utter BS? Well, maybe...

I just finished reading a most disturbing book by well known paranormal subject author Nick Redfern. This book uncovers a Dept of Defence project called the Collins Elite that investigates the possibility that UFOs and Aliens aren't what we have been led to believe. The book is entitled FINAL EVENTS and the Secret Government Group on Demonic UFOs and the Afterlife

www.amazon.com...

I have corresponded with the author and find him well informed. He researched this subject over a four year period. The OP is not the only one out here who is skeptical with the standard take on what UFOs are and are not. This book will set your mind to exploring another alternative, one that is so bizarre it will make your skin crawl at times.

An interview with the author regarding the book was recently done by Hidden Experience Radio:

edit on 25-5-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Both ET and human flying discs (UFOs) are real.

1. See how many people REPORTED seeing flying discs in the US and Canada. You will be amazed!

2. A sighting is usually not longer than seconds (rarely minutes). What is the probability for the whiteness to have a professional camera near by? (If the UFO is small in diameter and at 1km up in the sky, only professional cameras may record some details, otherwise we will end up with the videos that we see on YouTube).

3. Before having photography and video recording capabilities, the humans had the cave paintings, cuneiform depictions, written texts and spoken tales of UFOs and extraterrestrial beings:
HumansAreFree.com...

Also, please explain these videos:
a). HumansAreFree.com...
b). HumansAreFree.com...

I understand your disappointment regarding the quality of the videos and the fake videos, but you should not give up the research.

~ Peace and wisdom in your life! ~

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So you're saying unidentifiable objects that fly arent real?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

I'm one of the fortunate few that has seen a UFO,(a lot can be identified as a military project or a government aircraft) but not everyone is carrying a camera with them 24/7 and usually it happens so fast you dont have time to react to get your camera, turn it on, focus in and record, by this time the UFO has gone (real ones that is)

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

A lack because most of its hidden from us, but what about the megnetic anomoly in the Antartica and things like the Crystal Skulls? you clearly haven't done much research.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

How do you know? absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, theres lots of things the government will not tell us, you know stuff that is national security level stuff.

Again, Camera phones have only been around since about 1994 which is not long ago at all, before then nobody was able to report these sightings apart from the main stream media, which is controlled by the governments, even the internet itself only opened up properly to the public in 1991, this time frame is a microscopic blip in the grand scheme of things.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

People will make money out of everything and anything, this is human nature and proves nothing.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Explain away.

While many would argue this is easily something "created" through manipulation, I digress.

This is certainly the most revealing and interesting photo set I've ever seen.

To say UFO's don't exist is merely a folly of misinterpretation. UFO's appear everywhere all the time.

Flying space ships however, is another story. But to say they don't exist either is just about as correct.

If you wanna look at a few pictures, this is a wonderful website I have found:UFOEvidence.org
edit on 23-5-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: Well, this is awkward. External image wouldn't load correctly.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: Ha, this will fix it.

Is that object alien or man made?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

I dont know, what I do know is that I cant indetify it. So looks like a ufo in my book

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Ive been trying to tell people this for years...majority of people here on ATS believe in aliens visiting Earth I actually find it hilarious

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Ah...tuff luck, youve been searching for 30+years...You need to start loooking up at that night sky
)

My details of 4th october 2009- By the way I was like the OP, slightly skepical- but at the same time open minded about the mystery of the sightings throughout the years: obviously until that date Ive just mentioned- Plus Im not saying its ET, but personally speaking after seeing what we saw im 80% gut feeling it was of ET origin!

Details are as follows,

Basically I was on my way to my grandmas house at 8pm at night on the 4thoct2009, drove onto the drive way got out to see an object circling the village over the M18 motorway. It was like a ball which looked asthough it was on fire and looked asthough it was dropping hot molten blobs! wierd yes but i dont know how else to describe it. It was bright yellow in colour and my brother and I watched it slowly circle for around 10-15 minutes. Its funny because I ran inside to tell my grandma what i was seeing and she instantly said ive seen it and she had been apparently watching it half an hour before we got there. Then the object began to elevate in height asthough it had some sort of propulsion system and as got higher it turned red.

We both tracked the red object climb in altitude to the point where it looked like a little red dot! then all i can describe it as were multiple random small red dots lit up asthough the object we tracked was being directed to that area by something, and we were right because the lights went out and it presented a disc shaped object which must have been huge becuase it was high up. The disc began to move across the sky over the m18 motorway and almost looked unstable in a wobbly effect as it moved, it dissapeared then re appeared and looked like it was on its side then became flat again. ill describe the disc it almost looked a gun metal grey that seemed to contrast in the nights sky you could see it clearly it didnt shine it looked really blurry!

(yes its on youtube but from police in longbeach) The video shows the same kind of object acting exactly in the same manner as what we saw, obviously in different lighting/setting etc. But this gives an insight into what Im trying to describe when we saw the object releasing the hot molten looking blobs....

www.youtube.com...

It went over the motorway and never came back - 5 to 10 minutes later a military helicopter which was a merlin cirlced the village for about a few minutes then went off in the direction where object went.. they must have known something was there ? on radar ?

Its either advanced craft that we have which is under wraps (Highly unlikely due to nature of the orange fire ball) or ET life ... and we are lucky to have seen it i wish i could transfer the images in my brain to video so you could all see what i actually saw that night.. you'd be freaked out!

edit on 25-5-2011 by lukeUK because: link for youtube added

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join