It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Actually I am, I have done a lot of research and I kept wanting to find something that would make me believe the phenomena exists. I haven't. I approached it with an open mind, and I have reached the conclusion that they dont exist, they are a myth.

You do realise that this subject [ufo's,et's, visitations etc] is shrouded in a very organised system of disinformation and hoaxes for a purpose dont you?. I personally dont care one way or the other if you believe or not, its your choice to believe in what you feel is best for you. But please spare me the dramatics.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
REMINDER:
Stop focusing on the OP and focus on the TOPIC UFOS are utter BS.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

If you do not agree with the OP fine, but stop talking about HIM and rebuttal within the T&C of this site! Post will be actioned and a posting ban looming if it continues!
edit on May 24th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Really refreshing to see some INTELLIGENCE in this forum for once...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scales

Wow! How did you work that one out?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Well 95% of the forum is "UFO OVER MAH HOOUSE GUIZ!" and other assorted tinfoil hat too tight conspiracies.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well 95% of the forum is "UFO OVER MAH HOOUSE GUIZ!" and other assorted tinfoil hat too tight conspiracies.

Yes, we all know that this subject is filled with crackpots and hoaxes to name but a few. But we are talking about ufo's and not ET. Here, the OP has showed his lack of knowledge with the subject, and thats what i am calling him on. He has showed no "knowledge" at all. All he has done is dismiss everything while pretending to have studied the subject for many many years, which clearly he has not.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Why did it take you 35 years to realise UFOs are utter BS?

Seeing as you and others who have flagged your thread believe UFOs are BS, does that mean you will never return to the aliens and UFOs section of ATS?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
RAF Bentwaters

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Indeed, I have been away from this forum for a a little while- it just gets some embarrassing when you can't discuss thing because of the true believers and conspiracy theorists see menace in everything from Sunrise to toilet roll. The OP comments I think are very justified and I agree with them fully.

As I have said so many times before, belief should be kept out of this subject!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist.I do not reach this conclusion lightly. I cite the following reasons.

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

I know this will probably upset some people. But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

Not sure about all those blue stars and their reason and to be honest i really do not care, but you im kinda laughing my ass off and im not alone..so you obviously feel that we are the only intelligent cell capable of reproduction within the comsos..... And what, you expect to be allowed to survive as a species...dude or dudete or bro or how ever your choose to be quoted as an academic, your about as close as you and G.Washington being related. By the way...i see no post regarding the rockets being shipped to France ...what did this fall below the ats radar...what's that..its info not made public...plz...give me a break.

I guess at some time we all including myself who enjoy infinity as an equation, should come to terms that we are not the center of the planet earth or the cosmos regardless of how well you all and not only have been played given the global structure regarding what is " hot, buzz, tweet, facebook stats" . Never mind, simply makes our life that extra bit easier.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

UFOs are unidentified flying objects.......alien or not; just means unidentified.

I personally think 95% of sightings are manmade leaving 5% unexplainable.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Just because a pic is easy to recreate in Photoshop doesn't mean it's a fake. This picture could be the real deal.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nanochicken

i do agree
however i didn't state the pic was indeed made in Photoshop - honestly there's no way how i could make such a claim. i said that making such a pic in Photoshop really is piece of cake. if i phrased things in a confusing way i do apologize for my suboptimal knowledge of the language. i'm not a native speaker, like to think i do a pretty good job but then again,... :-)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

Indeed, I have been away from this forum for a a little while- it just gets some embarrassing when you can't discuss thing because of the true believers and conspiracy theorists see menace in everything from Sunrise to toilet roll. The OP comments I think are very justified and I agree with them fully.

This is not about ET evidence! Its about evidence for ufo's. Are you telling me that you believe that there is no evidence of something unexplained flying in our air-space, and other countries air-space. Because i believe there is overwhelming evidence that this is the case, does that mean i have to be put into the "ufo nuts" group, or "ET believer" group?

Anyone who looks into this subject, looks at all the unexplained cases, looks at the militery cases alone, will know that the evidence is strong for unexplained ufo's. But that does not mean its ET, but the ufo phenomenon is very much real.

If he is talking about evidence for ET coming here, then thats fair enough. But if he is talking ufo's in general, then he is talking rubbish, and obviously not looked into the subject of ufo's. Same as you by the sounds of it

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

This is not about ET evidence! Its about evidence for ufo's. Are you telling me that you believe that there is no evidence of something unexplained flying in our air-space, and other countries air-space.
Because i believe there is overwhelming evidence that this is the case, does that mean i have to be put into the "ufo nuts" group, or "ET believer" group?

That there are unidentified objects, objects which some observers cannot identify yes, I agree. It is a fact that most people don't know what they're looking at or what they have seen. But what I don't except is this is evidence of visiting ETs

Anyone who looks into this subject, looks at all the unexplained cases, looks at the militery cases alone, will know that the evidence is strong for unexplained ufo's. But that does not mean its ET, but the ufo phenomenon is very much real.

If he is talking about evidence for ET coming here, then thats fair enough. But if he is talking ufo's in general, then he is talking rubbish, and obviously not looked into the subject of ufo's. Same as you by the sounds of it

I have never said or denied that people see unusual things, what I (and I think the OP) is that very often much hyped crap and dodgy Youtube 'evidence' is portrayed on here as evidence of visiting ETs. It never stops at that's an unusual sighting...it's always 'wow, this is it, they're here'. The vast amount of open minds here seem only to be open to conspiracy theories and rubbish.
edit on 24-5-2011 by timelike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No sightings with 10\'s of thousands of witnesses? You couldn't be more wrong. We had just that in Vancouver, BC in 1978, and I should know as I was one of them. Daylight sighting. Very low altitude. Witnessed by 10's of thousands of people. Telephone lines to police, radio stations, and other officials were overloaded by the sheer number of calls about the object. Clear view of a metallic, silent, saucer-shaped craft. 40 feet or so across. So low and slow I could've hit it with a rock from my second story deck! And I'm pretty certain there are many other stories just like mine from other cities around the world. I'm not saying this was being piloted by aliens - but it certainly WAS a UFO in the classic sense of the term...

J.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by timelike

Yes, we all know that the subject is filled with gullible people who are not even interested in the interesting cases, and and more interested in the crap (nasa footage is a good example) When you study this subject, its best to go into it with your brain intact, and make sure it does not fall out.

I believe there are some great cases out there, that just can't be ignored. Saying that, i need evidence that some of these ufo's are ET, and in my opinion, there isn't any at the moment to make me change my mind. But there is more than enough evidence for the subject to be taken seriously, you just have to disconnect yourself from the crap that is out there, and the crap outweighs the good, which is sad, and makes the subject a bit of a joke.

But, at the end of the day, the ufo subject is real, and does need further, serious investigation. Like i said before, if you look at the militery sightings alone from around the world, that justifies a serious investigation.

All i am saying is, if THE OP is talking about ET, then thats fair enough, but if he is saying there is no evidence that some ufos defy explanation and are unexplained, then yes, i will say he knows very little about the subject.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
intriguing to see a site so geared to alternative media and yet its majority is so oblivious to reality.

Obviously, it was a wrong choice.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join