It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Jesus Christ, shut the hell up with the constant "UFOs ARE real, they're just unidentified objects blah blah blah". You all know damn well where this guy was coming from when he said "UFOs". He obviously meant craft which were of extraterrestrial origin. Not some weather balloon or swamp gas or whatever the hell else.

It's like some new trend here. Whenever anybody says "UFOs aren't real" some idiot comes in with "Woah woah woah, they ARE real, they're just UNIDENTIFIED OBJECTS". Give it a rest.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by ellieN

You must also consider that being devoutly religious doesn't not negate one from being barking mad. I'm not saying her story is false in any way but what I am saying is that there's still a prosaic/probable explanation that cannot be swept under the rug.

I do believe in the possibility of ET intelligence in our skies but I am a tough audience.

IRM

You could be right about that too...but she had 3 other barking mad ones with her. Can't vouch for the other people below the line though. She and her friend and companions really got the full blast of what it was like to come in and say they saw a ufo. Even her family said the two of them were delusional.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If there is a connection between spirit, mind and otherworldly or alternate parallel universes and UFO sightings, its possible that these aliens are attracted to *like minds* or similar spiritually evolved humans.

Not being rude, but have you ever thought that it would be possible that the *aliens* wouldn't want anything to do with you?? Just because you have studied, and been fascinated for years does not mean that they will land on your door step...

Believe it or not, there is a research study committee through MUFON regarding Abduction/Experiencers called AERC, the Abduction Experiencer Research Committee,Their goals are to thoroughly investigate specific UFO cases and the people. You will not see the results or hear about it. These folks dont feel as though they are wasting there time...Hmmm I wonder why.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

you don't seem very "open minded" now do you just?

I disagree with this appreciation of the OP (but then again, mine is just an opinion, so is yours, we're brothers/sisters with equal right to stupid/intelligent opinions).

I tried to read the OP carefully (as I was expecting a less sensical post) and noted how OP started from a pretty "open mind"-position, didn't succeed in finding satisfying prove and came to a conclusion.

I wouldn't have summarized it calling it BS, but I sympathize with the reasoning and the method.

Having an open mind to me means that one is willing to take pretty far out claims as the starting point for a rational thought process and analysis. It doesn't mean trying to hold on to that claim even if every attempt to get prove fails.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by Tayesin

Carl Sagan wrote a brilliant short story about your way of reasoning, it's called The Dragon In My Garage.

The Dragon In My Garage

It comes down to this:

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all?

edit on 24-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

Spot on...many of the people here could do with a course in Critical thinking- especially the 'open minded ones'....All bunk I'm afraid.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I wont lie I read a few lines and that was it...

Do you know what a UFO is? It is an "unidentified flying object" which means it could be anything! UFO doesn't mean alien....After 30 yrs research you should know this by now.

I have seen 2 in the last 2 yrs I have lived where i am currently and those things did things i have NEVER seen a plane do. I see planes all the time where I live and these things were extremely fast and then just disappeared. I am not saying they were alien in origin but they were definitely UFOs...which could mean anything.

UFOs DO exist.

Aks any 5th grader in this country what a UFO is 99% will tell you in some way,shape or fashion, that a UFO is some type of ET...that my riend is a fact and I would also wager a large chunck of cash that most people, and I am talking about 75% of the populace or more, will think the same way.

UFO for the better part of 60 years has meant to most people, a SPACECRAFT...ie not of this world,

We are on this site becuase most of us reject how the sheeple think at a very basic level. the problem we have at ATS is that we talk of things at the 30,000 foot level and the sheeple dont understand that. We need to dumb it down so they understand and some will never understand.

34 years of life experience has taught me just because I see something one way, that the vast majority see it another way. Im typically inthe minority.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

To state that UFOs don't exist is simply silly - no offense intended, friend.

The argument should be that UFOs have nothing to do with extraterrestrial or other-worldly origins. Various militaries and governmental agencies/representatives have confirmed there is a phenomena occurring - the correct question is what exactly explains the phenomena.

We have accounts of UFOs even being involved in activating nuclear defense systems as well as eluding military pursuit.

You're simply trying to answer the wrong question here.

fair point

(sometimes the "don't post 1 line" policy comes in the way from a simple but adequate appreciation)

link   
Although I am pretty sure that in the vastness of the Universe there are other "beings", I have to agree with the OP. Aliens have not paid us a visit. Yet.

There is an industry of books, documentaries, website et al who depend on their very existence in peddling fantasies. Aliens are no different.

The conspiracy is that they just manage to keep it all going, smile on face and more royalties. Some people may even believe what they are writing about!

Regards

link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

you don't seem very "open minded" now do you just?

Here we go again .. Why is it that those who really dont believe in UFO's have to make a point of it so many times?

I mean did the " OP " ..even search to see if there are other threads of same topic ???

UFO's and aliens do not exist, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Explain away.

While many would argue this is easily something "created" through manipulation, I digress.

This is certainly the most revealing and interesting photo set I've ever seen.

To say UFO's don't exist is merely a folly of misinterpretation. UFO's appear everywhere all the time.

Flying space ships however, is another story. But to say they don't exist either is just about as correct.

If you wanna look at a few pictures, this is a wonderful website I have found:UFOEvidence.org
edit on 23-5-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: Well, this is awkward. External image wouldn't load correctly.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: Ha, this will fix it.

I'm sorry.
There are other pics out there that might challenge those who want to debunk.
This pic however takes very little knowledge of Photoshop or any other piece of software that allows you to have layers on top of each other. Mask the non-tree information in the top layer, blur the thing and put it on top of the other one.

edit on 24-5-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: if one includes a brand, one better make sure the brand is spelled right, stupid NeverSleepingEyes!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by EDL2011
NO ther are stones hundreds of tons we cant pick up now
its not what they used its why, why use big hundred ton blocks
mabey it was easy to move so size isnt a problem
mabey they news using thes stones will last thousands of years
we have built nothing that will last in perfect condition for 3-4-5 thousands years
so to think we did it
thers proof we didnt

edit on 23-5-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

Sure, Modern man would ask himself why he would move such heavy stones in the first place when there's other means. So what the hell was Ancient man thinking with their supposed not so high tech technology. They knew something we forgot, and it involves moving large stone with ease.

Come see a modern day megalith right here in the USA! Coral Castle, Florida! One guy made this place all by himself with the power of magnets? It's all a mystery.
Coral Castle Website

Coral Castle Video

The ancients and this guy both used antigravity to create these mega-structures. Thats just a theory though there's evidence pointing towards this if you know where to look.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
id just like to clarify something here, UFO's do exist, people both civil and military everywhere always see UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. This is completly different to aliens altogether and i think alot of people grossly confuse the 2 all the time.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Explain away.

While many would argue this is easily something "created" through manipulation, I digress.

This is certainly the most revealing and interesting photo set I've ever seen.

To say UFO's don't exist is merely a folly of misinterpretation. UFO's appear everywhere all the time.

Flying space ships however, is another story. But to say they don't exist either is just about as correct.

If you wanna look at a few pictures, this is a wonderful website I have found:UFOEvidence.org
edit on 23-5-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: Well, this is awkward. External image wouldn't load correctly.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: Ha, this will fix it.

I'm sorry.
There are other pics out there that might challenge those who want to debunk.
This pic however takes very little knowledge of Photoshop or any other piece of software that allows you to have layers on top of each other. Mask the non-tree information in the top layer, blur the thing and put it on top of the other one.

edit on 24-5-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: if one includes a brand, one better make sure the brand is spelled right, stupid NeverSleepingEyes!

IMO this picture although looking very real .. Please NOT so fast .. The sole reason that I choose it for avatar is because it is the closet picture I have ever seen out there that shows the underside of a UFO..matching closely to the one I saw in 1977.

Notice the size .. Ok Notice the elevation level it could be.. ok also notice at this level of height you would be able to see more detail of the underside..
The UFO I saw I could see the actual rings on the underside and a hatch door inn the center and the only reason I was able to see that was because of the lights on the UFO

But then it went upwards to the point where even that became hard to seen as it only lasted a few seconds or half a minute to a minute. So this Photo is to me a fake one and that is only because I have seen the underside of a UFO. .
The one that I saw did resemble this one ,, but I was able to see the underneath I more detail ..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have seen so called UFO's or things I could not explain BUT they could be black Op.

I believe this is a mystery that will not be solved in our lifetime. We will find out eventually but most likely no time soon.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great..another one of -these- threads....

As far as your "research" goes, I find it hard to believe you did this level of research, and came to this conclusion. Typically, the more you research, the more solid the case of UFOs being non-man-made craft seems likely.

UFOs have never been widespread. They are NOW only because of the level of equipment that can be used to fabricate them. However, if you look a the rate of sightings in the past, that's more accurate. And with that more realistic # of sightings, it becomes less likely that they would get something amazing on camera.

The solid cases have never been debunked. The fact that the military RESPONDED to some, such as dropping flares in light of the sightings north of Phoenix makes an even more solid case.

I've personally found the more research I do, the more believable they become. If your research is solely based on the ridiculous threads you see here, I could see where you could come up with the opinion you have.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In your 30 years of research, how many planets have you been to? how many different galaxys have you visited?

What about the Phoenix lights? Thousands of people saw that. I guess the military flares was a good enough answer for you?

Just because we don't know how to travel from one solar system to another doesn't mean that someone or something else can't.

To say something is BS when %99.9999999999999999999999 of what we live in is unexplored is pretty naive IMO!

I think you need 30 more years of research...

edit on 24-5-2011 by kip27 because: Remedial spelling mistakes...lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

What about mothman?

The invention of an author who liked to sell books, there's no evidence of it being anything more than a large bird from a nearby sanctuary ... the rest was added by the man who wrote the book, and after watching a documentary on the guy.. it seemed to be his way, he's written tons of books.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kip27
In your 30 years of research, how many planets have you been to? how many different galaxys have you visited?

What about the Phoenix lights? Thousands of people saw that. I guess the military flares was a good enough answer for you?

Just because we don't know how to travel from one solar system to another doesn't mean that someone or something else can't.

To say something is BS when %99.9999999999999999999999 of what we live in is unexpolerd is pretty naive IMO!

I think you need 30 more years of research...

I agree with you for the most part.. though the OP most likely meant here on earth .. and he could very well be right.. but to suggest there is no intelligent life but our own in this existence would be a silly thing to say.. I don't think that's what he's suggesting.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

I don't know much about altered photos but it seems that the lights are in front of the branches and the object is above the trees.

peace..........yak055h

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join