It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i don't have an agenda.
i was just a po'po' shmoe out delivering papers at 4am so you shmoes could get a dose of bad news.
i was delivering to put a kid through college - since i am not a minority - i don't get hand outs.

anyways - i splained all this on another post.
but once again -
it came in hot and slowed to about 1mph.
it was round.
it had blinking/oscillating lights round about.
it was approximately 50ft in diameter.
at it's center it was maybe 4 ft thick - no way could a humanbean pilot this craft.
it was seemingly floating at just above tree top level.
when it changed directions it simply went in another direction - did not turn.
it was quiet, i did not notice a high pitch wine - keeping in mind my kids found a sound that i could not hear.
i did not call the police.
i did not experience any time loss.
my truck did not turn off.
i did get -a little - creeped out.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You and the OP can't be open-minded if you immediately discount the existence of such alien ships without any evidence of your own!

Then again it doesn't matter because you both are wrong.

You can't prove a negative, however, completely discounting alien visitation based on lack of evidence is not open-minded I agree. But when you say they're both wrong, meaning alien ships are visiting the Earth, the burden of proof is on you. If you have no proof to support your claim then your claim is meaningless.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Hi,

If alien craft in our skies exist, then we can't expect them to be anything we think they Should be.

We couldn't expect to gain clear photos or video of them since their technology would be so far advanced compared to our's.

We couldn't expect them to leave any sort of physical object for us to research, despite the few books by respected people who claim they have already and that tech is now back-engineered into useful products.

I think the only way to personally know for sure they exist is to either see a craft up close, be 'abducted' regularly while awake and aware or have them come out into public view. Most who do believe I would hope do so because of the first two reasons.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object.
That is, if you don't know what you see flying in the sky.
Then it is an UFO.

That does not mean it is an Alien Spaceship, or a Dimension Traveler, or a Time Machine.
But it do mean, that we don't know what it is.

UFO's exist.
That's a fact.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Carl Sagan wrote a brilliant short story about your way of reasoning, it's called The Dragon In My Garage.

The Dragon In My Garage

It comes down to this:

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all?

edit on 24-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

Thank you for posting that link.

That site has some AWESOME ufo pics! WOW!!!

I haven't seen any of those pics before on ATS so far. I am only on picture 30 right now but those are some good pics.

I wish I could star you a dozen times! I haven't found a good site with pics in a while!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

You don't seem very "logical" now do you.

The UFO fantasists would like to point you towards the mountain of "evidence" sitting in their special folder on C: labelled "TOP SECRET" but really...I could point you to the equally large mountain of proven hoaxes and sensationalist stories that comprise the majority of information we have on UFO's in the "Alien" sense.

The belief in UFO's is just as idiotic and baseless as the belief in God...aside from the fact that I would give religion more credence in that at least it draws it's stories from a single source.

There has never been a single picture, story or video that could be corroborated with reputable sources that suggests it was a visitor from an alien world.

If you were a logical and sane person, you would understand that yes...the potential for life exists outside our solar system...but given the FACT that no hard evidence has ever been found you would LOGICALLY come the conclusion that we have yet to see or meet these aliens.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Well post your "research"! I think there are a LOT of flaws in your 35 years of work.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There have been sightings of UFO's long before the airoplane was even invented. There have been sightings by too many credible witnesses. Astronaughts, airoplane pilots, police officers, multiple witnesses, psychiatrists, people from all walks of life from all over the world have witnessed seeing UFO's.

This. The witness reports are the best evidence we got, unfortunately. But some of them are high quality. There're too many to list. Like you say, people of all walks of life, but particularly the professionals because those're compelling. And there're reports seen by hundreds, maybe even thousands of people. If this guy is honest when he says he's been researching for 35 years then that means he knows about these cases. If he says UFOs are BS then he says it without certainty. How could you say it with certainty if you knew the cases?

My feeling is a good bit of ufology is blown out of proportion for promotional and financial reasons. Some people just can't get enough entertainment so a lot of it's made up for money or fun. Most of the rest is misidentification. But even if only 1 to 4 percent of the global cases hint at something more then that's a lot of cases over 50 years of time. A thousand cases, at least.
edit on 24-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Can we stop the pedantic attack on the OP about what a real UFO is. We all know what he means when he refers to a UFO. Take it as read that his reference to UFO should read "Alien craft".

I have a lot of sympathy for his statement. I too am puzzled about the lack of photographs. There are literally hundreds of millions more cameras in peoples pockets today than there was 20 years ago. These cameras have auto white balance, auto exposure and significantly greater ISO ratings. There should be millions of much better photos. Instead we have wobbly white dots a few pixels wide!

Also note that there are significantly more people outside the US/UK/NATO sphere of influence and so using the "western cover-up" as an excuse simply does not make sense.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist.I do not reach this conclusion lightly. I cite the following reasons.

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

I know this will probably upset some people. But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

I understand very much how you feel, I have investigated many UFO and abduction stories and I'm very familiar with all the material from the modern UFO era (Kenneth Arnold onwwards) and alas I see no proof at all of alien visitation. What I do see is people replacing religion with UFOlogy, subsituting God for aliens...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Look, either side of this could be right. The point is we just don't know for sure. The goal should not be to sit here and see who can scream the loudest or who can weave the most interesting and clever spin on the facts. The goal should be to instead live your life, doing real things, accomplishing and making friends and improving the lives of those around you. If there'e aliens out there, then so be it. We'll know eventually. Lets not waste our breath in the forums huffing and puffing in a dream world where nobody can win the argument.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and that's respectable. But you can no more prove that aliens and their ships don't exist than you can prove that they do. So with that, the door of belief will remain open for me, thank you very much, and I will walk through when I feel the time is right.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanochicken

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and that's respectable. But you can no more prove that aliens and their ships don't exist than you can prove that they do. So with that, the door of belief will remain open for me, thank you very much, and I will walk through when I feel the time is right.

It shouldn't be about 'belief' though should it! Maybe that's the point?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by timelike

You're referring to faith. UFOlogy and the belief in ETs is all about faith to those who have not seen, yet believe. It's very similar to 'doubting Thomas' who didn't believe Christ has risen from death until he felt the holes in Christ's hands. Those who aren't graced with a close encounter to call their own have nothing but faith to carry them, so yes, it's a choice for 99% of us. Unlike the OP, I choose to keep an open mind because, as I said, the existence of aliens and their vehicles cannot be completely disproved. But I also choose to keep faith that the fantastic exists and happens because to believe otherwise goes against who I am. I choose to believe in God because I am not comfortable with the idea of there not being a superior intelligence to guide us in life and when we die. I believe in the possibility that aliens exist because I am not comfortable with the idea that a vast, expanding universe exists and humanity being the only intelligent life in the entire black sea. I believe the possibility that aliens have visited our planet because there are things I cannot explain, like ancient pictures and engravings, historical accounts of fantastic visitations, old photographs which predate computers and architectural marvels which defy logical explanation, to name a few.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Your argument lacks any logic and is flawed in many places:

Originally posted by nanochicken
reply to post by timelike

You're referring to faith. UFOlogy and the belief in ETs is all about faith to those who have not seen, yet believe. It's very similar to 'doubting Thomas' who didn't believe Christ has risen from death until he felt the holes in Christ's hands. Those who aren't graced with a close encounter to call their own have nothing but faith to carry them, so yes, it's a choice for 99% of us.

Faith and belief are inevitably the same thing it doesn't matter how much you want to spin it boils down to taking someone's statement as true whether there is any evidence to support that hypothesis or not. It's about looking at the quality of evidence and making objective rational decisions accordingly!

Unlike the OP, I choose to keep an open mind because, as I said, the existence of aliens and their vehicles cannot be completely disproved. But I also choose to keep faith that the fantastic exists and happens because to believe otherwise goes against who I am. I choose to believe in God because I am not comfortable with the idea of there not being a superior intelligence to guide us in life and when we die. I believe in the possibility that aliens exist because I am not comfortable with the idea that a vast, expanding universe exists and humanity being the only intelligent life in the entire black sea.

What you are comfortable with, like or dislike is ENTIRELY irrelevant! How are you being open minded if you do not embrace the possibility that there is no God, you and you alone are responsible for your life, your descisions and the only person who can judge that is you! Similarly if you are going to be open minded as you cliam, then you have to entertain the idea that there is no life in the Universe and that this is it. As it it happens, in either case there is no evidence either way so we must remain neutral until the arrival of the time when more evidence comes to light.

So often people use the time open minded here, when really they mean 'belief' because to be open minded means you also have to give equal validity to the idea that these things are not real. Your feelings about them are quite irrelevant.

I believe the possibility that aliens have visited our planet because there are things I cannot explain, like ancient pictures and engravings, historical accounts of fantastic visitations, old photographs which predate computers and architectural marvels which defy logical explanation, to name a few.

A nonsensical argument; of course there are strange things from the past, but what you are doing is looking back at pictures and artefacts and putting your own belief structure there- of course you see them as alien as you have already said you are not comfortable with the idea that we are alone in the Universe.

I welcome open mindedness whole heartedly, but what you have argued for is not it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist.

Now you can finally rest and explore new areas

Forum

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How the hell can you say that? And how can you study the subject for all those years and come to that conclusion. I know you are not going to like this, but i think you are lying, and you have not studied the subject for all those years. How can you disregard all the great cases out there with multiple witnesess,radar evidence, ground evidence etc

Militery sightings alone would have told you that something unexplained is flying in our, and other countries airspaces. What they are, we just don't know. They could be ET, secret militery projects, natural phenomenon etc but the phenomenomn is there for all to see.

Maybe your just a de-bunker who is pretending that you are open minded and studied this subject for many years to come to your conclusion. But what your post tells me is you know very little about the subject.

I will say it again. Ufo's does not mean ET. No one has evidence that some of these ufo's are ET, but there is overwhelming evidence that the phenomenon is real. What it is, we just don't know.

I suggest you actually do some research on the subject, then come back and post again.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I've seen a few myself - pretty cool feeling when you do - you know "that feeling" - only a UFEEEEE person who has personally seen can feel!

Haven't read all the posts, but a friend of mine who was a long UFO disbeliever and cared nothing for people who told such stories. She is totally a christian and sings in the choir at her church and does other functions there too.
She and a friend saw one that wobbled above the trees and went down at 1:00am on June 05, 2002. She and her friend also saw a little being laying on the the ramp of the downed craft and tried to rescue it but the craft was too hot to get near.
2 other men were there with them and the Military showed up with heavy equipment and an army of men to get the thing on a huge trailer and men is silver suits threw the little being back inside the craft and shut the opening. It was picked up with a crane and put on a huge trailer and hauled off.
This is an extremely condensed version of what happened as told to me by my friend. It would take about 4 pages to really tell the story she told to me and co-workers. Only about 4 or 5 of us believed her.Kinda messed up her belief system a lot too.
Other people were gathered around down below where the military was holding them off from the scene.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

You must also consider that being devoutly religious doesn't not negate one from being barking mad. I'm not saying her story is false in any way but what I am saying is that there's still a prosaic/probable explanation that cannot be swept under the rug.

I do believe in the possibility of ET intelligence in our skies but I am a tough audience.

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join