It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Sure, Modern man would ask himself why he would move such heavy stones in the first place when there's other means. So what the hell was Ancient man thinking with their supposed not so high tech technology. They knew something we forgot, and it involves moving large stone with ease.

The technology was called huge masses of slave labor.

The technology wasn't forgotten, it was deprecated as inhumane and unethical.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
reply to post by Swills

I personally use those images to celebrate the ingenuity of the human race.

Do you have any idea how much those rocks weight? Today even the best crane would have problems lifting them.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Ancient Champion because: Forgot a letter

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have been studying humanity much longer than you have been studying UFO's.

The only thing I find is utter madness and complaint.

Born critics will always suffer, nothing is ever enough for a critic.

Suffering with a negative mind and a negative attitude.

Complaints and grumpiness will never allow you to see anything.

in search in search in search for satisfaction.

Personification of discontent.

Face of tension and grumblings.

However one day you can change.

So suddenly change can happen.

A true revolution against discontent, dissatisfaction.

If you pursue, you will become more unhappy, you may attain to your targets in life such as richness, fame, but this is not material that you are pursuing...

You can hope, you can dream, and once you find, see, you will become happy.

No.

Just forget it, that really is the best idea. But you are not really able to forget it, that would upset the cart of your tricks.

In the very search you are missing, when you stop the search it will find you.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Had to throw in my 2 cents.

UFOs are not BS like someone above me has stated being as UFOs are Unidentified.

Extraterrestrial Flying Saucer Shaped Space Craft Discs (or ETFSSSCDs) do, in all likelihood exist. (UFOs are just easier to say write and pronounce than ETFSSSCDs)

Even scientists agree that there has to be other intelligent life out there.

UFO sightings have been seen prior to the invention of human flight.

To think that we Humans are the only 'advanced' species in the Universe is laughable, we cant even get off of oil! (And we just barely acquired HDTV technology as well)

Now-a-days I am sure a lot of the supposed UFO sightings are top secret military projects, but logically, 30 years in or not, you have to conclude, like most mainstream scientists, EBEs are real, present and highly advanced.

Mac

ps I probably have more shhhhhtuff to put in here, but alas I am tired

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I know the feeling too well.

For 20 years I have been obsessed with the phenomena, and have searched endlessly. I've read a tonne of books, watched just about every video and movie on the subject and read through countless documents. If anything, I used to be a believer. I was obsessed with the idea of UFO's.

I must also say, I dove into this site believing we were being visited, then thanks to the knowledgeable fellows and people versed in fields of study I couldn't possibly wrap my head around, I'm able to look at things logically and not jump to wild conclusions as I used to.

I don't necessarily believe aliens or the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe don't exist, I'd be a fool to go that far. The universe is far too big. I just don't believe there is any proof whatsoever of our planet being visited by extra-terrestrials. If it has been, it has been kept well hidden.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'll tend to agree with the OP on this one. Although to clarify I think the OP meant that Alien visitation is utter BS, which I believe wholeheartedly at this point.

I was a firm believer in the "UFO's are alien" phenomena, but the more I read the cases and watched the videos the more I realized that the evidence for such a reality is lacking. I'm sorry, but it just is.

With all the so called disclosure and such we're still no closer to discovering extraterrestrials than we were 20 or 30 years ago.

We're still searching for it. Why are we still searching if we think they are already here and have been since ancient times?

Don't get me wrong- I think there is life elsewhere out there, but they haven't found us yet, and we certainly haven't found them....

edit on 24-5-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
you know, there was a time i'd have disagreed, but having set up a website and spent the last few years investigating UFO reports on the intertubes, i will now say that I agree 100% with you.

To simplify my reasoning, there is no real evidence. You can spend as many hours as you want studying videos and reports, but you have to apply basic logic and common sense at some point and this is the point that everything falls apart.

I do believe that there is potential for other beings to visit the planet and I expect they have given some of the ruins and artifacts that have been found with laser precision engineering etc. However I don't think these beings arrive in glowing lanterns or flying saucers.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos,

35 years? Maybe you want to say 0.0035 years.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I know this will probably upset some people. But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

Indeed it will. I agree 100% except I'd change "ufo" to "alien ships" because UFOs (unidentified flying objects) do in fact exist and do not immediately have to be an alien ship.

That said, I agree with all your points and have come to the same conclusion. No aliens are visiting earth, anyone claiming to be in contact with them is lying for various reasons, no GOOD video or photo evidence has been presented that wasn't later proven a hoax. No day time mass sighting has taken place that WASN'T a bunch of balloons.

My mind is open, I do believe life exists out there somewhere, I'm just not going to believe the people hawking books and VHS tapes. We have a global, instant, communication network. We have satellites mapping the entire planets surface. We have millions of telescopes and radio telescopes scanning the skies, we have teams of cipher experts looking for intelligent signals.

We have nothing. All we have are people with an agenda.

I do believe people are seeing SOMETHING. I just think the honest numbers are quite small compared to the people CLAIMING to have seen something.

Half of these people will call a blurry video of anything 'proof" without even a basic investigation. Many of the claimers here are guilty of this.

"Here's my video, 100% proof of aliens, can not be anything other than a space ship"
"Did you check the local flight patterns?"
"no"
"Did you check the star maps to see if it's a planet?"
"No"
"Did you do any checking at all on this?"
"Don't have to, it's obviously an alien ship you closed minded idiot"

It's really sad as these people get the majority of the attention and as far as I'm concerned, make it impossible to actually investigate this subject, and must make it incredibly hard for someone who honestly saw something. The people that immediately jump to "aliens" make me question their intent.

Even if I went outside right now and saw a massive triangular craft just hovering above my building, I wouldn't immediately jump to aliens. I'd probably be thinking, hmmm, how long has the government been working on THAT sucker.

A little bit of critical thinking goes a long way. Without that, well, we'd already have proof of alien ships with the U2, and the stealth fighter and bombers. Because, you know, they HAD to be alien because they looked so weird and did strange maneuvers

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You and the OP can't be open-minded if you immediately discount the existence of such alien ships without any evidence of your own!

Then again it doesn't matter because you both are wrong.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It seems that everyone has made some very valid points in rebut to the OP's statement, as will I.

The statement that UFO's don't exist is asinine. There have been documented projects involving top secret aircraft of "UFO" origin since WWII. Nazi scientist were extremely involved in the Die Glocke "The Bell" Project. It is also documented that these scientist fled to the United States and South America after the war, to continue their projects and testing. Hence the dramatic increase of sighting in the States.
This is documented by the government and is public knowledge at this point. If you have 35 years of research invested then you would know this. If you are going to make such a generalized blunt statement on this site than this is the reaction you will get. UFO's exist. Are they ET's, for the most part I doubt it. But if you dig deep enough, even into the Nazi history, you will find stories of wrecked "Unidentified" aircraft recovered, and covered up by the military. This isn't breaking news, this is stated fact.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Good for you, you researched, but have you experienced? I have seen a number of these that go beyond what I now to be normal, no research needed here. My first was in 1956, watching a disc go silently and very fast, horizon to horizon. Then over the many years much more that cannot be explained. No research needed. I am a pilot, a sailor, a retired science teacher etc. so I don't make brash statements. Go out and live life, not read it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Actually I am, I have done a lot of research and I kept wanting to find something that would make me believe the phenomena exists. I haven't. I approached it with an open mind, and I have reached the conclusion that they dont exist, they are a myth.

Most of the reasons you listed for not believing are because of fallable human logic.

You figure, since you are human, not an alien.... that alien's would leave something behind.

If you were an Alien, you may understand the reasoning for NOT leaving anything behind.

You want mass sightings? I suppose the pheonix lights don't suffice? No, not the flares... the actual lights were seen before the military dropped flares.

There may not be a lack of incontrivertable evidence... If it was found, and the government wanted it to be a secret, I'm sure it would be kept as such.

Oh, and -- some people have had proof.... Like me. I've seen one up close at a distance of about 30 feet. I suppose it theoretically COULD be military application... but I serverly doubt it.... (when you actually see the detail of one of these craft, I think you would automatically assume it was Alien as well.... As we aren't talking "scifi" movie plating here....)

Truely remarkable experience...

So I know you are wrong. The phenomenon exists, factually. If they are alien beings or not, is unknown....

I'm not asking you to take my word for it, but I am telling you flat out, that you are wrong.

(Take it how you wish, I could care less what you believe.... I gain, zero.)

edit on 24-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You have no idea what you are talking about, I watched 3 ufo's for over an hour and 1 landed near my home see the story and the pictures here www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Before making such naive posts you people should dig deeper. I just find it funny why everyone is looking for "proof" in the skies when there is more than enough of it beneath our feet and under the ocean. Here's a little hint. What do you think is the Bermuda Triangle is all about? Atlantis perhaps? For those who do not know the relationship between UFO's and water look up USOs.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I am not a massive UFO fan, I don’t believe in crop circles and think that just about everybody who claims to have been abducted is either mentally ill or a flat out liar.

That being said, your thread has disappointed me. With your years of studying the phenomenon , these five points are the best you can come up with, I would have expected something with far more substance form someone with your alleged in depth knowledge of the subject. I could have wrote what you have wrote with 5 minutes on Google.

The points you have made are not that strong, UFO’s do exist for a start as any unidentified flying object of terrestrial or extraterrestrial origin that cannot be identified is technically a UFO. Let’s look at the points you have made

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

I agree 99.9999% of what you see on YouTube, if not all of it is faked or has a more earthly explanation. I personally believe that UFO visits are incredibly rare, I would go as far to say only a handful every hundred years or less. The problem you have is numbers, if you take a more moderate view of UFO’s then it is obvious that if there are very very few real encounters then the chance of there being a video camera present is also very small.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

Again you are assuming that they have landed, and there are thousands of them. What if in ancient times a couple of UFO’s landed in say Peru. Just because physical evidence of their landing has never been found does not mean that it didn’t happen, just that we are as yet to discover the evidence.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

I defer you to my pervious point first of all, just because they haven’t found and presented the evidence yet does not mean that it does not exist. Further to this what if a state has found extraterrestrial technology and is trying to reverse engineer it to further the technical prowess of the state. The would keep it secret, use it to develop new technologies and keep ahead of their competitors, and if this technology has a military application all the more reason to keep it a secret.

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

Once again you are working on the assumption that there are hundreds of visits each month. However if we assume that visits are far more rare then we can also deduce that it is less likely that these sighting would be “mass sightings” on the scale of tens of thousands. In saying that however we do have the sighting over Tokyo not so long ago and the now famous “Battle of LA”.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

Yup, I can’t argue with that, there are far too many people out there publishing lies about UFO’s and muddying the waters in the pursuit of profits and what we really need are more balanced and independent investigators who are interested in truth before money.

Sorry OP, if this is all you’ve got there is no way you have studied UFO’s for as long as you have claimed. There are many debunks of the UFO phenomenon on ATS that are much better than this.

edit on 24-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

For 35 years in the area, you sure wasted a lot of time not realizing that UFO doesn't mean ET.

EPIC.fail.

UFOs exist, and I mean the technological flying crafts, saucers, triangles and other such, those same ones that none of us average people can identify and say for sure who's driving them. I saw these all at once, tens of them, closer than you would dare to imagine, turned my whole life upside down, and I don't give a dime whether you acknowledge these as well as that I have zero evidence of the event (oh, yeah, if we count out the multiple witnesses coming out to say they have seen those in the same area for the last few years).

But I guess you're too busy sitting in a basement searching for video and photo evidence of ET...errrrm... UFO....errrrmmm whatever. I've got mine (proof for UFOs, that is), not that I ever asked for it, or I ever thought about UFOs in a more serious manner...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i don't have an agenda.
i was just a po'po' shmoe out delivering papers at 4am so you shmoes could get a dose of bad news.
i was delivering to put a kid through college - since i am not a minority - i don't get hand outs.

anyways - i splained all this on another post.
but once again -
it came in hot and slowed to about 1mph.
it was round.
it had blinking/oscillating lights round about.
it was approximately 50ft in diameter.
at it's center it was maybe 4 ft thick - no way could a humanbean pilot this craft.
it was seemingly floating at just above tree top level.
when it changed directions it simply went in another direction - did not turn.
it was quiet, i did not notice a high pitch wine - keeping in mind my kids found a sound that i could not hear.
i did not call the police.
i did not experience any time loss.
my truck did not turn off.
i did get -a little - creeped out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join