It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Regarding your pictures and not the videos: I just think we seriously underestimate the ancients. Perhaps they were more than capable of building such magnicifent structures (or whatever you'd like to call them).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

Now that's a bad ass pic
definitely way better than your original dead link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I hope one day you will be so lucky to witness a UFO up close and personal. I had a silent one the size of about 3 football fields pass overhead maybe 200 ft off the ground. It was the only time I ever witnessed one to this day. I am in total disagreement with you but can't blame your statement since it's never happened to you.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
reply to post by Swills

Regarding your pictures and not the videos: I just think we seriously underestimate the ancients. Perhaps they were more than capable of building such magnicifent structures (or whatever you'd like to call them).

Perhaps they were capable? No, they were capable and we either forgot how to replicate their technique or it's a well guarded secret.

I would even go as far as to say the ancients were more advanced than us.

As Jack Burton said: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
NO ther are stones hundreds of tons we cant pick up now
its not what they used its why, why use big hundred ton blocks
mabey it was easy to move so size isnt a problem
mabey they news using thes stones will last thousands of years
we have built nothing that will last in perfect condition for 3-4-5 thousands years
so to think we did it
thers proof we didnt

edit on 23-5-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Dude, you are my hero.
I'm glad SOMEONE else finally thinks the way I do about those ancient megaliths.

Concerning you OP, there is no way that UFO's do not exist. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. There are plenty of them out there.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

basically you dont believe because youve never seen one. Thats all you had to say really. Everybody wants proof but nobody can agree on what proof is when it comes down to it. Videos will always be too blurry or a reflection on the glass, eyewitnesses are either liars or saw something completely normal, pictures are doctored, government officials reporting the phenomena are disinfo agents or stupid, etc.....I could go on really

35 years with nothing...what exactly were you expecting I wonder? Where was you heart at?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDL2011
NO ther are stones hundreds of tons we cant pick up now
its not what they used its why, why use big hundred ton blocks
mabey it was easy to move so size isnt a problem
mabey they news using thes stones will last thousands of years
we have built nothing that will last in perfect condition for 3-4-5 thousands years
so to think we did it
thers proof we didnt

edit on 23-5-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

Sure, Modern man would ask himself why he would move such heavy stones in the first place when there's other means. So what the hell was Ancient man thinking with their supposed not so high tech technology. They knew something we forgot, and it involves moving large stone with ease.

Come see a modern day megalith right here in the USA! Coral Castle, Florida! One guy made this place all by himself with the power of magnets? It's all a mystery.
Coral Castle Website

Coral Castle Video

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

Beautiful. Took the words right out of my mouth! Well, head really. Wasn't sure how to say it, but you covered it perfectly for me.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This collection of photographs and in depth investigation makes for compelling digestion:

Best UFO photographs
edit on 23-5-2011 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
they dont exist, they are a myth.

Leprechauns don't exist. Not that I have contributed 30 years of research, but in my opinion and conclusion, they are a myth.

The vast space world is beyond anyone's true conception and it's safe to say that the possibility still exists that there might be something out there.

Now if you spent 30 light years exploring space, I would say you are a more credible mouth-piece for the subject.

Till then, your conclusion was a bit premature. Get back to us after you explore the cosmos.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

they dont exist, they are a myth.

Leprechauns don't exist. Not that I have contributed 30 years of research, but in my opinion and conclusion, they are a myth.

The vast space world is beyond anyone's true conception and it's safe to say that the possibility still exists that there might be something out there.

Now if you spent 30 light years exploring space, I would say you are a more credible mouth-piece for the subject.

Till then, your conclusion was a bit premature. Get back to us after you explore the cosmos.

What if there were leprechauns on another planet? I want too believe!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

Fatima, Portugal, 1917.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

I know what you mean but when you think about it, what's the point in speculating if we had proof? I mean speculating is all about forming a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

What annoys me is how some people treat ufology as some kind of new age religion.

Personally, I'm a skeptical believer...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So, well, If you see an object, and it is flying, and you cannot identify it. What would you call it?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist.I do not reach this conclusion lightly.

How do you dismiss the many compelling multiple-witness radar-visual cases? Like the RB-47 case, or Lakenheath, for example? "Temperature inversions", as Condon/Blue-Book ridiculously claimed?

Because, simply put, no rational person CAN just simply dismiss those cases. You can pretend they don't exist, as many debunkers do. That'll work for a bit. You can ignore such cases. You can argue that we don't know what or whom is in control of those flying objects in those cases, which is 100% true, but... given the apparent intelligence / reactivity that's displayed, whether natural or artificial, on what BASIS are you dismissing the extra-terrestrial hypothesis? I say that you have no basis to dismiss it. The most you could probavly reasonably say is that it is not happening as much as some on here seem to think (or is it hope?). Fine. Think what you want, but don't try to sell me your "look how rational I'm being" product as you casually dismiss the entire phenomenon, because it simply isn't rational to flatly reject the ET hypothesis... UNLESS you have a good explanation for many very interesting cases. Do you? (And we can go through them one by one, if you want?)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

That's not true. There's a plethora of clear daytime photos and footage of what appear to be real physical craft that don't look like or act like anything man made. When you get through debunking all of these be sure to let the government know. Even they failed to produce answers for many of these sightings through bogus studies such as Project Blue Book.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

Can't deny that. Although there are a number of trace cases that present anomalous evidence such as irradiated soil and plant life. Take for instance the Delphos, Kansas landing ring :

Ronald and his parents then went to examine the place at which the object had been first seen. They were astonished to find a glowing ring on the ground, and some sort of glowing material on nearby trees. When Mrs. Johnson touched the glowing area, which had a crust-like texture, she found that her fingers went numb. She tried to wipe the substance off onto her leg, and her leg became numb where the material touched it. Her fingers reportedly remained slightly numb for about two weeks, although she never sought medical attention for the problem. Mr. Johnson fetched his camera and took a photo of the ring and then phoned the local newspaper, The Delphos Republican.

Sometimes people themselves end up being irradiated by these strange craft. One of the most intriguing cases of this happening would be the Piney Woods sighting :

Betty was forced to go to the hospital. She was admitted, and treated as a burn patient. She stayed for fifteen days. She lost her hair, and her eyes were so badly swollen that she was unable to see for a week. Seven-year old Colby had problems with his eyes also, and Vickie's hair began to fall out. The three witnesses to the large UFO were treated for radiation poisoning. Their condition was listed as life-threatening. Betty began to lose weight, and develop sores over her body. She was diagnosed as having skin cancer.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

True, none of them have gone before the UN, but there are a number of foreign governments that have released what files they have related to UFOs that they're willing share with the public as seen in this ATS thread authored by user grantbeed.

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

Totally false. There have been a number of mass sightings of strange craft going all the way back to the 16th century as depicted here with the UFO battle over Nuremberg:

At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." This event is depicted in a famous 16th century woodcut by Hans Glaser.

Here they are flying right over the White House in 1952:

At 11:40 p.m. on Saturday, July 19, 1952, Edward Nugent, an air-traffic controller at Washington National Airport, spotted seven objects on his radar. The objects were located 15 miles south-southwest of the city; no known aircraft were in the area and the objects were not following any established flight paths. Nugent's superior, Harry Barnes, a senior air-traffic controller at the airport, watched the objects on Nugent's radarscope. He later wrote: "We knew immediately that a very strange situation existed . . . their movements were completely radical compared to those of ordinary aircraft" (Clark, p. 653).

I think everyone's favorite mass sighting would have to be the infamous Battle of Los Angeles :

Air raid sirens sounded throughout Los Angeles County on the night of 24–25 February 1942. A total blackout was ordered and thousands of air raid wardens were summoned to their positions. At 3:16 a.m. the 37th Coast Artillery Brigade began firing 12.8-pound anti-aircraft shells into the air at reported aircraft; over 1,400 shells would eventually be fired.

For more recent mass sightings, check out the Phoenix Lights here and the Stephenville Lights here.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

I'm not going to deny that the UFO field is full of charlatans and grifters looking to make a quick buck. However, there are still researchers out there that are credible and work hard to bring this information to the public. My favorites include Jacques Vallée (computer scientist/astronomer), Stanton Friedman (nuclear physicist), and Richard Dolan (Rhodes Scholar finalist):

And that's not even a fraction of the good researchers (and good sightings/encounters) that are still out there. It took me an hour just to compile and edit this list with cases I could think of off the top of my head. If it took me that long to do this, then I can't imagine all the long dreary hours put in by real researchers like those listed above just to bring us this information, and I don't mind at all paying for it.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So you're saying beings capable of interstellar space travel are not capable of:
having some sort of tech that allows them to remain opaque, blurry, and indistinguishable by primitive film/digital/photo recorder technology,

will routinely allow their advanced tech to just fall to Earth for Humans to scrounge over, thus compromising their mission/agenda,

because no mass sightings exist (and to you, what is a mass sighting?) For myself, the recent UFOs over NY in Oct. 2010 in my opinion is considered a mass sighting, as well as the Phoenix Lights,

and lastly, you say because all the people/agencies/companies/groups/etc with all the evidence want something out of YOU, well my friend, welcome to Human kind. People are always going to look for a way to make a quick $, even if the product they're selling has truth behind it or not. That's life. Besides, there are countless other resources of UFO information/records that are entirely FREE.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Syroco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You dont see any good ufo footage because they are hidden away from public. Surely you dont want them to spoil all the fun just yet?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist

Seriously, if you'd done all that much studying

a) you probably would have come to a different conclusion and
b) you might have located one of the existing threads already started.

Fact is you have nothing new to add.

Extraterrestrial UFO's Do Not Exist
www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFOs are a waste or your time

There is no objective evidence of Aliens or UFO's

There may not even be such thing as ET UFO's
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation

And last but not least....

Who Gives a Rats about UFOs?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join