It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bio Electric EMP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So, there are Tasers, Stun Guns, Stun grenades (which all affect the nervous/muscular system) , Sonic weapons, (which affect balance, cause nausea etc) but these weapons do not always work on all the people all the time.
Would it be possible to creat a focused, EMP that would work on humans?
Our body after all works off of bio electrical impulses, in theory you should be able to shut down all electrical communications for a second or so, without causing damage to the person.
If feasible how do you think it would work?
I know, that flashes of light (strobes) can cause chaos in certain brains (epileptics etc) but this would need to be a high powered electro magnetic pulse that would disconnect the synapses in such a way that you would black out.
That raises the question, why does a EMP resulting from a nuclear blast (atomic tests etc) not affect a human body? Or does it, and we just do not know about it.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

Sounds like it would kill you.
Would be pretty awesome though.

Good question though...
edit on 23-5-2011 by goos3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Like a defibrillator or massive electric shock treatment.
Just without touching someone first?

Being close to electrical fields does effect humans, but it is very subjective to the individual.
Creates all sorts of issues.
edit on 5/23/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Like a defibrillator or massive electric shock treatment.
Just without touching someone first?

Being close to electrical fields does effect humans, but it is very subjective to the individual.
Creates all sorts of issues.
edit on 5/23/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

yup, subjective to individual for sure.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Neutron weapons seem more practical for the same conclusions in the OP. With a neutron weapon, you're basically using a nuclear-type weapon to emit radiation only, which would kill anything organic but leave all structures intact.

Personally, just dropping an EMP on a large city would be enough to turn it into anarchy. There's a "three day rule" which implies that if a population is without food for three days, they will lose faith in their government and most likely rebel. In most industrialized countries, food production and distribution is among the highest energy consuming sectors.

What I'm saying is that if normal EMPs were deployed all over the US, then the government would be so outstretched with economic priorities that it would not be able to help the general population. This was apparent during Katrina when the US army wouldn't even allow civvies emergency shelter in their abandoned barracks (even threatened to shoot them).

After three days of a mass EMP attack on the US (or most countries), you would probably see the beginning of serious internal conflict between government and survivors. I guess you can say that EMP weapons pave way the option for the civilians of your enemy country to fight for you, more or less.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Neutron weapons seem more practical for the same conclusions in the OP. With a neutron weapon, you're basically using a nuclear-type weapon to emit radiation only, which would kill anything organic but leave all structures intact.

I guess my question, was misunderstood. I do not want to kill the subject, only briefly shut down their electrical system to remove them as a threat.
It is already being worked on for cars in police chases
Electromagnetic Pulse Gun
I thought it would be interesting to develop one that would affect humans.
From what I have read, an EMP will affect a person with a pacemaker (shuts it down) but it appears that our electrical chemistry runs on a different wavelength than normal electronics.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i have read experiments using powerful magnets to induce reverse flow of bioelectricity in salamandars, the result puts them unconcious - like sleep. i beleive i read, this was a while ago i was reading it, that when we sleep or are unconcious our bioelectric system reverses it's flow through our bodies, try researching this. or try to find a book called the electric body, that would be extremely beneficial to the line of thought you're currently in as well as open you to a few other things..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Thanks I´ll look into that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
That raises the question, why does a EMP resulting from a nuclear blast (atomic tests etc) not affect a human body? Or does it, and we just do not know about it.

Thoughts?

Its artificial in its release, now the SUN may have a different effect since natural..
Be well

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Directed Energy Weapons

This is what you are looking for, I misunderstood you at first.
I did a thread on this a while back:

ATS Link: Active Denial Systems the new silent guard

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Indeed, there's lots of directed energy weapons that have been developed recently for crowd control.

However, you can always run from those. You can't run from 36 hours of blaring sound melting your brain for the purpose of reprogramming your mind (like in Gitmo).

If you just want to take somebody down, then a taser is usually effective... Though they probably have some more advanced and compact neutralization unit by now.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for all your comments and replies, The Directed Energy systems are bulky and ADS requires a lot of power and does not appear to be portable.
I guess I need to focus on something like the strobe effect that causes problems with people who have epilepsy. If you subscribe to alien abductions,etc the it would seem that aliens/ets/ whoever you think does it, have a device, that a)renders you unable to move and b)removes your short term memory.
I know from experiments I have done on myself (and I do not suffer from epilepsy) a rapid flashing strobe light will create a "here/not here" state of mind. Certain sound freequencies also can cause a state of mental lapse for a better word, but do not work on every one. At one time I found info on a light that would essentially bleach your corneas for a short period of time, thus leaving you blind, but I can no longer find the article. That however is not what I am looking to develop, so I will keep searching.

Thanks again for all your input.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Do you mean the LED Incapacitator?
Because it effects just about everyone, maybe?

Some test subjects have been completely unaffected by the light, and although the manufacture makes wide and un-based claims about the product's effectiveness, the CEO of Intelligent Optics, the producer of the device, has actually commented "I don’t think we've had anyone actually be sick"

WIKI Link

Though I haven't looked at one yet, I would hope it works even a bit for $800,000.00!
edit on 5/24/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join