It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 just became a real event for me

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's interesting that you brought this up, I have been looking into this stuff for just about as long as you have. In the last year I have been drawn to getting into better shape and preparing for something. It hasn't been a normal drive to stay in shape this time around either. I cant explain it, it just is what it is, I recently made a decision to disconnect from the digital life as well. I recently deactivated my Facebook account and deleted all my computer games off the computer and removed all my social IM's off the computer, basically just shut down my digital life. I'm trying to focus on reconnecting physically and mentally with whatever I have lost, I just have this drive that I cannot explain to do all this. My family and I have always been very sensitive to things of the super natural world, and so that may be it, or it just might be that all this talk on the internet has really gotten to me. Maybe thats the reason behind shutting down my digital life I don't know. All I know is i'm in the best shape of my life, and i'm slowly cutting down on my digital life, be it spiritual or just tired of the lifestyle I don't know.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Star and flag for an intriguing read. I really can't say that I've found many people preparing for 2012 or talking about 2012. Perhaps secretly as we all do. I just haven't heard it discussed seriously in open discussion. Most people sort of think it is a joke and the funny thing about your title is honestly 2012 just became less of a real event for me.
I have not really been thinking about 2012 b/c that just disrupts my dreams and delays my goals. No. Its becoming less real by the day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by graaly
It's interesting that you brought this up, I have been looking into this stuff for just about as long as you have. In the last year I have been drawn to getting into better shape and preparing for something. It hasn't been a normal drive to stay in shape this time around either. I cant explain it, it just is what it is, I recently made a decision to disconnect from the digital life as well. I recently deactivated my Facebook account and deleted all my computer games off the computer and removed all my social IM's off the computer, basically just shut down my digital life. I'm trying to focus on reconnecting physically and mentally with whatever I have lost, I just have this drive that I cannot explain to do all this. My family and I have always been very sensitive to things of the super natural world, and so that may be it, or it just might be that all this talk on the internet has really gotten to me. Maybe thats the reason behind shutting down my digital life I don't know. All I know is i'm in the best shape of my life, and i'm slowly cutting down on my digital life, be it spiritual or just tired of the lifestyle I don't know.

then how did you post this? just sayin...

seriously though - I'm actually surprised how many people I come in contact with that never heard of the 2012 phenomenon at all - I just assume they're not online as much as I am ;D
edit on 25-5-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

lol so when I say I removed all my games and social IM's and am slowly cutting my time down on the computer means I am unable to post on an internet forum?...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I wish you would make sense...or at least tell me what the heck you are talking about instead of pretending to have an air of superiority about you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by shauny

Well it a LOT of cultures have vanished without a trace.

Out of curiosity how would we know if there was no trace?

hahaha...again needs an explanation. Here we go. Without a trace does not imply that the original item did not ever exist. It is implying that no trace of it is left after it is gone. So depending on how the person meant it. They are saying that although the culture and people did disappear, they definitely did exist, we just don't know what happened. That would be the most common sense route to take with this statement.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Seriously, who came up with the " It's only going to be the end of the world as we know it" quote. See those of you that say this seem just as delusional as I seem to you by thinking it will be a total loss on 2012.

However either way you go with this...does this not feel like we are all being brainwashed? We all say the same exact things in the same way.....

" It's only going to be the end of the world as we know it" or "2012 is the end of the world" I am trying to figure out who put these thoughts in our heads and what the purpose is..and how is it determined on which belief a person will have.

That's it, I say we all are delusional. Or brain-washed. I prefer brainwashed (less hurtful that way)

Also wanted to mention that people like the Amish would not be too affected since they are use to life with out electricity and other technological products that will be disrupted come 2012. Makes me wonder how they knew not to get involved with technology. Why weren't they brainwashed? I think I need to write them and ask what they think about 2012.
edit on 26-5-2011 by truthseekerlady77 because: grammar errors.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

hahaha...again needs an explanation. Here we go. Without a trace does not imply that the original item did not ever exist. It is implying that no trace of it is left after it is gone. So depending on how the person meant it. They are saying that although the culture and people did disappear, they definitely did exist, we just don't know what happened. That would be the most common sense route to take with this statement.

I am laughing since if there is no trace, then there is no evidence of somethings existence.

Are you the person that asked the ranger at Mesa Verde, "How many undiscovered ruins are there in the the park?"

Do you need an explanation of this? I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am laughing since if there is no trace, then there is no evidence of somethings existence.

Are you the person that asked the ranger at Mesa Verde, "How many undiscovered ruins are there in the the park?"

Do you need an explanation of this? I wouldn't be surprised.

HAHAHA...again. Without a trace is an english phrase. It is used exactly as I described above. I can't believe you don't understand it!
Are you the person that expects some sort of ball when you are at the bar and someone says, " Let me buy you a round"?!??

Thanks for proving that common sense isn't that common.

edit on 26-5-2011 by superman2012 because: edit

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

HAHAHA...again. Without a trace is an english phrase. It is used exactly as I described above.

Maybe that is the way you misuse the language. I did not realize English was a second language for you.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Also wanted to mention that people like the Amish would not be too affected since they are use to life with out electricity and other technological products that will be disrupted come 2012. Makes me wonder how they knew not to get involved with technology. Why weren't they brainwashed? I think I need to write them and ask what they think about 2012.

cause no one put flouride in their wells? :X

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Maybe so, or maybe because they don't watch much tv (no radio waves frying their brains)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77

Originally posted by Forevever

Maybe so, or maybe because they don't watch much tv (no radio waves frying their brains)

zomg there's the purpose of haarp! get some extra radio waves out there to mess with the amish!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

HAHAHA...again. Without a trace is an english phrase. It is used exactly as I described above.

Maybe that is the way you misuse the language. I did not realize English was a second language for you.

Was that supposed to make any sense!?
Try stating your argument in an intelligent manner and maybe we can have a discussion. Until then, have fun!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The Mayans, Egyptians, and Sumerians were clever people. They did amazing things with the technology at hand, but I do not see that any of these peoples were gifted by an advanced race such as aliens.

This can be seen in the materials and techniques they employed. Where are any pieces of advanced materials such as plastics, metals, or ceramics? Where are the materials such as nuts or bolts or snips of wire or clothing or even paints or paper or other materials that an advanced race might have supplied?

I think it's a disservice to these ancient peoples to think that they were not clever enough to do what they did without outside assistance.

Did the Mayans smelt metals?
Did the Mayans have a pottery wheel?
Did the Mayans use wheeled carts for hauling goods?
Did the Mayans domesticate large animals?

Regardless of the lack of some items they still were able to accomplish great tasks.

In Sumarian cuneiforms, they actually say that their Knowledge was taught to them by a race that came from the "heavens" www.crystalinks.com...

As for.."Did the Mayans smelt metals?".....when you look at some of the stones the Mayans used to build their monuments there are signs that they used (molten) metal ties to key the stones together.

As for evidence of modern materials....there are saw marks on many pieces of stone used to build the pyramids
www.youtube.com... and some of the stones found in places like South America would have needed a diamond edged tool to cut the stone.

You say it's a disservice to suggest they were not clever enough to have done what they did on their own. Well, I've read somewhere that they (Sumarians, Incas and Mayans) all attributed their knowledge to an outsider who taught them civilisation. otherworldmystery.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by shauny

Well it a LOT of cultures have vanished without a trace.

Out of curiosity how would we know if there was no trace?

ok, me bad.
There is trace of the culture being there.
But no trace of where the cultures went.

That help? lol

Shauny.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There is trace of the culture being there.
But no trace of where the cultures went.

Even the author recognized the issue, but you are unable to do anything more than exhibit the sort of foolishness associated with someone under the age of 15.

Maybe now you can move forward. I hope your ESL lessons progress.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skem64

Actually that is a hoax site. It does not relate what was written by the Sumerians.

The Mayans did not smelt metal. They may have had access to native metals, but they did not refine ores to make metals. In general smelting was unknown in the western hemisphere although there is some suggestion small scale smelting may have been done in the area of Peru.

The video you used is just another hoax video. The pyramid builders had access to metal tools. The stones were quarried using metal tools.

There are plenty of people that claim that the ancients required the use of advanced methods to produce what they did. That's simply not true. They were just smarter than the people making these hoax videos.

I really couldn't get much further than 2 minutes through that appalling video. I tried to learn more about the video link, but internet problems are complicating the search.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Interesting question: in 2013 could those promoting this 2012 nonsense be charged with culpable homicide? Assuming some of those who fall for the hoax do commit suicide?

(if the world ends in December 2012, or we advance to a new plane of existence, or Elvis retuns to Earth riding Shergar and bringing a cure for cancer with him, then obviously this will not be an issue
)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Cultures are identified by the objects they make. When those things change we assign a new culture label to the artifacts. An example in the US is the Anasazi. Did they disappear? The culture did, but the people did not. They began to make objects in a different manner leading on to other cultural identifiers.

The disappearance of a culture is not necessarily connected to the disappearance of a people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join