It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 just became a real event for me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Here's my take based on fact around us today.

2012 is the end of a galactic cycle, so think of this as the end of Autumn and the first day of Winter, which happens to be 21 Dec. Now, Northern hemisphere, think back to previous Dec 21, the first day of winter and did it Snow? Did the Blizzards just show up on that day or did all the trees become bare of their leaves on that day. The answer is no. But what did happen before winter, maybe a dusting of snow in early November or even heavy blizzards...now think about what we are experiencing in the last 10 years leading up to the end of our galactic cycle. Looks to me we will experience a long "winter" and I say this because if we were heading to spring or summer the events would be less dramatic and we would not be seeing the destruction as much as we have.

Dec 21 is just the end of a cycle and the beginning of a new cycle. Nothing more, but we can see today, from the previous years "days" on how the new cycle "winter" is going to behave and you can take this logic to the Scientific bank.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The Mayans have no prophecies associated with the end of the long count calendar. All of these claims of prophecies are modern tales. All of these claims of enlightenment are New Age modern tales. They are not Mayan in origin.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Yep...agree with you one hundred percent Gunz' (I'm looking forward to seeing the Aurora Borealis from my back yard!)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I have to admit...

I don't trust a preacher trying to make money.

But, as far as I can tell.

The Mayans were not trying to sell a book.

Your right, they were giving us a heads-up that something big is going to happen on this date

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

No one in my area is taking the claims of 2012 seriously. In fact, hardly anyone I know even thinks or talks about these claims. For most people I don't think 2012 is even on the radar. It is a nonissue. This is an example in which someone over hears a conservation about 2012 and it adds to the confirmation bias that people must be thinking about 2012.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Best post I've read to date! Well put.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Destroyed is destroyed. It doesn't say, "moved into a new age of enlightenment".

What does destroyed mean? Does it mean erasing a slate or a complete and utter destruction? In many of the myths the events are more of a wiping of the slate in which only some of what has been done is destroyed.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PukanaLa

Don't you think this is the Hindu version of Harold Camping - people twisting and wrenching the words to fit some preconceived notion?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I take it you are not familiar with the Mayans' belief that there were four different races of people that occupied the Earth and that the prior race had to die in order for the next race to be born? It's one thing to say 2012 means nothing, it's another to ignore a cultures actual beliefs to try and add more credibility to your opinion.

"The Popol Vuh is an epic, which contains many Mayan legends including the creation of the "World". Mayans believed, initially there was only the sea and the sky and Creator of the universe called Itzam Na. They believed, Itzam Na first tried creating human beings using clay; when he did not succeed, he created them out of wood. Originally, human beings were not able to speak or think because they were made of wood.

Eventually, Itzam Na created the "True People" from water and maize. The historians opine people of the Mayan civilization cultivated maize and they depended on the rains (the water of the sky). The city-states where agriculture was not possible, Mayan civilization never flourished.

According to the Mayan calendar and their beliefs the "World " was created on August 13, 3114 BC."

Source: www.buzzle.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I agree with your post about everything going in cycles. I've read on a different site that cannot be named here on ATS (Google Wave Books) that we are entering a period of like solar waves washing across our portion of the galaxy and this is going to cause many changes planet wide.

Personally I believe that January 1, 2013 the sun will rise and a new year will have arrived and while there may be more earthquakes, tornados, even god forbid another 911, humanity will not perish quite yet.

Is 2012 a conspiracy to frighten people and TPTB, the psychopathic bastards that seem to be running the show will try to take advantage of the common man?

Prepare, have extra food, watch more survival in the wild shows, I've actually learned how to use a gun and rifle and I'm a little older lady. Take a self defense class, it's good exercise and will give you confidence, take a yoga class, it will help give you inner peace and strength. Learn how to farm and garden, it will reconnect you to the earth as well as you may need to have these skills in the years ahead.

Watch videos and get a book on which "weeds" wild plants are edible.

I also think we are all so interconnected that we all or most of us can feel something is on the way, something out of the ordinary is coming and we have a inner sensing of "something" but not knowing exactly what that something is.

Mostly, we all need to live for today, hope for tomorrow and never give up your humanity - being nice to each other for we are all sharing this experience together.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bf7449551b7.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added idea

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by skem64
reply to post by sirric

Best post I've read to date! Well put.

Thanks....

Now being an open-minded person, not so open-minded my brain falls out mind you....I also feel that with a new galactic beginning, there is a possibility of new thinking entering our reality.

New technological break through with energy and spiritual awakening like never before.

To allow our thinking to step out of the comfort zone, so to speak, Co-Creation is a scientific provable event using quantum theories and that our reality can be created by us. So we, as a collective mind, can bring about any positive change, or negative change, if we choose to do so.

The best advice I have ever received and that I can pass on is always look to and focus on the positive but always be mindful of the negative in our reality.

SirRic

edit on 24-5-2011 by sirric because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

yer, I'm with you all the way there Ric.

Will post a couple of interesting links as soon as I find them....watch this space!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
S&F for a well written and emotional post. To those automatically jumping to Harold Camping and the Mayans, I don't believe that is the OP's intention. What the OP is stating is the emotional connection human beings have with each other. There is a fairly common saying that, "If you will it, it will happen." Now, this doesn't mean you will win the lotto, or strike oil. But the collective will of our nation and the World, CAN cause a disturbing fallout of events.

What the OP saw is 2 old couples that would typically denounce and laugh at the 2012 theory, making plans to end their lives if and when anything does happen. That is not normal fellow ATSer's, It proves that this message has reached allot more people than even I originally assumed. That is a shocking conversation when you realize these couples were not joking.

2012 will not be the end of the world and we aren't going to be seeing people float up to heaven by any stretch of the imagination. But look around you, and not just in your neighbors backyard, realize that their is turmoil on a global scale right now to the extent which we have not seen for a long time. The way I like to look at it is this, 2012 may not be the end of the world, but it can be the end of the world as we know it today. Just think about it....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Source? Everything is open to interpretation. Even how modern academics read the mayan calendar. This is an excerpt about the mayan calendar.

Source? the calendar itself, it's a cyclic calender, 2012 (though not actually 2012 for us, our count is way off) is the end of once cycle and the beginning of a new one.

All interpretations that say otherwise are always connected to a BOOK that is for SALE. The Mayans predicted nothing, and if you'd take 3 minutes of your life to go read what actual Mayan scholars are saying, you'd see why most of us are so over this 2012 crap it's sickening to even see threads pop up.

To allow our thinking to step out of the comfort zone, so to speak, Co-Creation is a scientific provable event using quantum theories and that our reality can be created by us.

hmm, I assume you are referring to the double slit experiment that proves quantum particles can interfere with each other and merely the act of watching can effect the outcome. Lots of people quote this and get it entirely WRONG.

That experiment has nothing to do with HUMANS watching and affecting the particles. It's saying that, to actually monitor these particles, we're interfering with them. Placing a light in the path adds photons, which can interfere with the particles. It's not saying that your mind pondering the event changes it.

So when they say merely watching changes the outcome, it's because through the act of watching, were are interfering. We fire a photon at the particle so we can see it, but this adds a photon into the mix, changing the outcome if it were left completely alone. A single stray electron can interfere.
edit on 24-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What would be the effects on the world if The Roman Church collapsed? We may not have too much time left before we know...

www.bibleprobe.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In my opinion, this guy, Ian Xel Lungold, explains the Mayan Long Count Calander better than anyone.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Ultimately, after a 15 minute conversation about the whole event, these 4 people made a pact right there at the table to get together when things start to get really bad and kill themselves, together. They even discussed using some type of medication or poison one of the women had left over from work at the house, I think she was a retired veterinarian. They were as sincere as talking about the next vacation they were all going to go on. They even worked out the details as far as food and wine were concerned.
Well, what these people spoke about has bothered me to my core since last night.

First of all, quit eavesdropping on others, you'll rarely like what you hear
Second, rest assured, this isn't the first time people have expected the world to end and it won't be the last. Y2K was an interesting study in the human psyche, there was LOTS of talk about people going off-grid, people planning mass suicides, people going underground and other such nonsense. When it came down to it one day passed to the next just like it always does. Nothing happened, it was all of course just big talk, one of the favorite pastimes of humans
People are always going to have their little panic parties over something, don't let it get to you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Harold Camping predicted world end 21.5.2011 based on hes calculations. Maybe he did a calculation error for example the birth of jesus and the date is really 21.12.2012 ??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This information was posted by another user a while ago but the thread has since vanished and I am unable to find it. Although I was able to copy it before it disappeared.

The devine Tun Calendar was one of the 17 calendars used by the Mayans. It does not track the movement of objects in space. It does track the development of conciousness since the dawn of our known galaxy, some 16.4 billion years ago. It is cyclical, and ends this year when it can be applied to the next 16.4 billion years which will be all in light shining from the superstar in the center of our galaxy, which is called Hunab K´u by the Mayans.

The moment Hunab K´u will reach critical mass again is upon us, and we are all here to witness it.

Our universe is a living organism, and is currently preparing everyone and everything in it for this monumental event. The most telling part being Terra our Earth starting to resonate on a higher frequency (Schumann) -which can be felt and seen all around you- and Helios our sun sending us as much energy as is needed to activate those parts of our DNA which scientists mislabeled as "Junk" DNA (which makes up 95% of our Helixes according to those said scientists).

Don´t be fooled, don´t be alarmed.

Using the Tun calendar we can trace conciousness all the way back to the final ignition of Hunab K´u, which heralded 16.4 billion years of (relative) darkness, Hunab K´u becoming "inactive" again AND the start of our current creation cycle.

The evolution of said conciousness starts 16.4 billion years ago, and is in nine levels or underworlds according to Tun.

Each of those nine levels is divided into 13 parts - 7 parts of light (days) and 6 parts of darkness (night).

Each level starts and ends with a period of light: day-night-day-night-day-night-day-night-day-night-day-night-d?ay

At 7/20th of the final day of each level we move to the first day of the next level, except for the final level where we complete the entire cycle.

Here a visual:
2.bp.blogspot.com...

And, no, the nine steps of this mayan temple are not a coincidence.
2.bp.blogspot.com...

The first level (cellular conciousness) lasted 16.4 billion years and consisted of thirteen periods of 1,26 billion years.
The second level (mammalian conciousness) lasted 820 million years and consisted of thirteen periods of 63 million years.
The third level (familial conciousness) lasted 41 million years and consisted of thirteen periods of 3.15 million years.
The fourth level (tribal conciousness) lasted 2 million years and consisted of thirteen periods of 154,000 years.
The fifth level (regional conciousness) lasted 102,000 years and consisted of thirteen periods of 7,846 years.
The sixth level (national conciousness) lasted 5,125 years and consisted of thirteen periods of 394 years.
The seventh level (planetary conciousness) lasted 256 years and consisted of thirteen periods of 20 years.
The eight level (galactic conciousness) is currently underway and will last 12,8 years with thirteen periods of 360 days.

We will enter the ninth and final level (universal conciousness) on March 8, 2011.

The ninth and final level has thirteen periods of 18 days and lasts a total of 234 days.

Notice a pattern? Every level goes 20x times faster than the previous one. This means our last 12 years have been a stormy ride with every major change taking place 20x times faster than in the previous level which took 256 years.

And it´s not over yet.

You better fasten those seatbelts because the ninth and final level of creation brings major changes EVERY 18 DAYS, starting March 8, 2011.

This is what the schedule for the ninth level looks like:

Tuesday, March 8, 2011: START OF FIRST DAY
Saturday, 26 March 2011: START OF FIRST NIGHT
Wednesday, 13 April 2011: START OF SECOND DAY
Sunday, 1 May 2011: START OF SECOND NIGHT
Thursday, 19 May 2011: START OF THIRD DAY
Monday, 6 June 2011: START OF THIRD NIGHT
Friday, 24 June 2011: START OF FOURTH DAY
Tuesday, 12 July 2011: START OF FOURTH NIGHT
Saturday, 30 July 2011: START OF FIFTH DAY
Wednesday, 17 August 2011: START OF FIFTH NIGHT
Sunday, 4 September 2011: START OF SIXTH DAY
Thursday, 22 September 2011: START OF SIXTH NIGHT
Monday, 10 October 2011: START OF FINAL DAY
Friday, 28 October 2011: IGNITION (OF HUNAB K´U)

EDIT: Every period equals an increase in conciousness!

We have achieved global conciousness through the internet during the planetary cycle. Anyone doubting this? (FaceBook, Twitter, YT.. etc etc). We will achieve galactic conciousness during the next level (or even sooner?) What is galactic conciousness? Well, we will meet our neighbours. This means irrefutable proof we are not alone, and it is coming FAST. It means encounters of the fourth kind. You have been prepared for this for decennia now.

If you want my opinion it will be near or during the 3rd day of the final level, which starts May 19 and ends June 6. It will be fully accepted in the fifth day (30 July - 17th August). Why the 3rd day and 5th day? If you look back in history, each and every time key events in the creation of conciousness took place near the 3rd and 5th day of a level.

Did something major shape our conciousness when we passed though or near day 3 and 5 of our current level? (we are now in the 7th day or final period of level 8). Start of 3rd day: Wednesday, 24 April 2002. Start of 5th day: Monday, 3 April 2006. You´ll be the judge.

So what happens after we meet the neighbours? Play out the scenarios. It will certainly change our conciousness forever. And we still need to move to another level of conciousness to become fully enlightened.... It´s wonderful.

All in all 2011 will be the most interesting year in human history, and I wish each one of you the best in your personal voyage.

If you wish to know more, please visit this no-fear threads ..

www.godlikeproductions.com...
www.godlikeproductions.com...

All the best-

Make sure you check out Carl Calleman´s groundbreaking work on this if interested.
www.youtube.com...

First part of the Oldenkamp presentation with English subtitles. You need to press the CC button in youtube to display them.

First part here:
www.youtube.com...

Mayan Calendar Explained - 1 of 18 - Ian Xel Lungold
www.youtube.com...

Lungold vs. Calleman Day/Night Breakdown w/ Dates
step9universal.blogspot.com...

Why the Mayan Calendar?
Dr. Carl J. Calleman and Mr. Ian Lungold
www.thewildrose.net...

11-11-2011

Yogi Bhajan says

“We are entering the Age of Aquarius on November 11, 2011. It will be a new time. The entire psyche is changing. You must purify the mind, body and soul to be real, innocent, and sattvic (pure). Elevate yourself to be angelic. This age which you will serve is an age of awareness and experience.” He also said, “I did not come here to create students, but teachers.” Yet another great sage who has left us within the last 7 years.
pantrinitydas.wordpress.com...

www.youtube.com...

More very interesting videos, watch all ..
www.youtube.com...

Peace to all...
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Thank you for saving my thread, mods are close so I' open new ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace ..
edit on 24-5-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join