It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 just became a real event for me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I agree that at some point in our planetary existance we will see tragedy and natural disaster but we see it in short spurts each day. Someday we will run out of resources, but that day is unknown. To say it will happen at a certain point in time is unjust, its possible something will happen in 2012 but who knows. I think its best to live your life today and be thankful if there is a tomorrow.
edit on 23-5-2011 by whatsyourlifelike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I feel compassion from your words but I am not sure what part concerned you. I am confused. Help me here to understand. Was it the thought that those people, whom you have always assumed were "thoughtless" in regards to 2012, made you realize the "collective" is actually fueling it? Or, was it the realization of folks taking their own lives because the "going gets rough" as to not lose all the luxuries and comforts they enjoy?

Do I want to survive, and to what extent can I find myself in a "sustainable" environment? The reality of it is that we are all creatures of comfort; so this might be a normal response from many I suppose? It would appear as the greatest loss. They must of been talking about some really bad stuff to want to take their own lives.

Collectively I can see the power of Manifestation happening around us; this is why I see the word Satan as meaning "Society", because through Society a mode of Magic exists in our World. Collectively the "end" is coming because people are creating it and each will create their own version of it for their own sake.

Ideally, it is the Spirit within that will ease you through this; we do not have to be a participant in other people's realities simply by creating our own reality. It starts by believing in being strong enough to survive, but it also includes the ability to "manifest" a better world afterward. If we cannot see the Future in clarity then it may become different by the time we get there. We have to believe in the Future and how it is going to be for us, and we have to manifest it by making it happen through us; then we will not have to be a participant, we can simply accept ourselves as a "witness" to other people's crap and remember the Truth for Truth's sake, even if it is only your own Truth. We owe it to ourselves to make it work!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I was new to 2012 phenomena until my trip to India two years ago (Karnataka-Kerala).

We traveled through Gokarna, a small hinduish temple town. There were some phone booths, and they were full of writings about "2012". Same thing in some of the restaurants and toilets, there were 2012 stickers and writings all over the walls. I asked the owner of one restaurant, what is this all about 2012, and he was very eager to give us a lecture about the Kali Yuga that some hindus believe ends in 2012. For them the ending of the Kali Yuga - the Dark Age, marks the beginning of the Golden Age.

It was pretty interesting, as it is somewhat similiar to the Mayan idea of cycles of time. It is fascinating why the two cultures that are so far apart from each other, both have a major age beginning/ending in 2012.

I really hope the people who you heard talking in the restaurant about killing themselves in 2012 weren't serious.

In any case, this "prophecy", self-fulfilling or not, is not only happening in the West.
edit on 5/23/11 by PukanaLa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anyone who has read Graham Hancock's "Fingerprints Of The Gods" will know that the year 15000BC keeps cropping up with relation to Pyramid(s) and stuff. For example in 15000bc the constallation of Leo rose directley in line with the Spinx. In fact I've read a few books where this date, 15000BC, is mentioned. It would seem it was an important year for the Ancients.

I'm no astonomer or astrophysisist (I can't even spell it...lol), I'm just a hairy arsed wagon driver with a sense of curiosity. Anyway this is what I reckon 2012 is all about concerning the Mayan Long Count Calander.

Our solar system takes about 26000yrs to pass through the Zodiac. If we half that we get 13000. Add 2012 and we get 15000 and twelve. My point being, 15000BC was the half-way point of our solar system passing through the constallations and 2012 is when it comes full circle. And I think that's what the Mayans were celebrating/recording....the completeion of a full solar cycle. Unlike our callander where we mark time off by the earth going around the sun, the Mayans based their callander on the solar system going around the Milky Way.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PukanaLa
I was new to 2012 phenomena until my trip to India two years ago (Karnataka-Kerala).

We traveled through Gokarna, a small hinduish temple town. There were some phone booths, and they were full of writings about "2012". Same thing in some of the restaurants and toilets, there were 2012 stickers and writings all over the walls. I asked the owner of one restaurant, what is this all about 2012, and he was very eager to give us a lecture about the Kali Yuga that some hindus believe ends in 2012. For them the ending of the Kali Yuga - the Dark Age, marks the beginning of the Golden Age.

It was pretty interesting, as it is somewhat similiar to the Mayan idea of cycles of time. It is fascinating why the two cultures that are so far apart from each other, both have a major age beginning/ending in 2012.

I really hope the people who you heard talking in the restaurant about killing themselves in 2012 weren't serious.

In any case, this "prophecy", self-fulfilling or not, is not only happening in the West.
edit on 5/23/11 by PukanaLa because: (no reason given)

This kinda fits with my thoughts (re: above post)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Simply hearing about the subject from a real life perspective and given the tone and people involved, it made me feel this wasn't just ideas being tossed around anymore. Which was the stance I previously took which I elaborated on later on page one. ATS Link
People that I wouldn't expect to be caught up in topics like this now are.
Mainstream media is getting very close to creating another H.G. Wells incident.
In short I don't believe in 2012 but I'm starting to believe mass hysteria may create its own 2012 independent from the original theories.
edit on 5/23/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Rule number 1.
NEVER ever eavesdrop on someones conversation, it isn't meant for you to hear so nothing positive EVER comes from it. If I am within earshot of someones conversation I will actually make an effort to avoid hearing it. This is especially true of conversations in the workplace or those concerning the opposite sex.
I believe it was Cardinal Richelieu who said "Be careful what you put into that head of yours, because you will never get it out".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If you haven't read Fractal Time, the secret of 2012 and the New World Age you must, it's a great book about the science behind 2012 and also the Mayan beliefs and how they came to the conclusion that they did about 2012. Also touches on what we can expect based on history events and cycles that naturally repeat themselves. I'm probably not doing the book justice so you should read it. fractal Time by Gregg Braden.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And lest we forget.....2012 is when the sun reaches it's peak in it's present 11yr cycle. I'm not suggesting Solar Flares will destroy our planet but I am suggesting these flares could knock out our satalites. And seeing as we depend on satalites for just about everything these days, we could well end up back in the dark ages!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What I have come to realize increasingly over the past year is that we are quickly approaching a time where we will be able to instantly create the future that excites us the most.

Don't make assumptions about what that statement means, however - different people find different things exciting. The 'event' itself has no in-built meaning, we are providing and will provide that meaning via our individual and collective intentions, motivations, preferences, and fears. Whatever happens won't be something that happens 'to you,' it will be an experience you create for yourself with whatever type of event you find yourself 'in-line' with at the time.

During this lead up to transition, self-reflection should be a high priority. Events in your life over this period serve double-duty; they should reflect to you the direct link between your thoughts and your experience (thoughts create reality), and they serve as signposts constantly asking you which way you want to go, what do you prefer, what excites you the most?. Like an optometrist checking your eyesight, the universe is constantly replacing the lens and asking is this better, or this? This or this? How about this, or this? There comes a point where the feedback becomes so finely tuned that the universe and mind become one, and clear vision is restored.

To make this process work for you, you need to zero-in on what you prefer, and likewise devote zero thought to what you want to avoid. This is why fear is so very, very, VERY destructive. Once it takes hold, it's difficult to think about anything other than that. The process then brings you more of what scares you the most, because it's still exciting to you regardless of whether you judge it to be good or bad. Example, an approaching storm can be very exciting...likewise spending an evening with your children can also be very exciting. Now is a good time to get your preferences and what excites you more in line with one another. It's a great time for shifting your focus and literally changing your mind.

This is why since March of last year I have chosen to spend less and less time on ATS, and I have stopped watching the news as much - I have worked very hard to keep my preferences in check, to remind myself that true excitement and joy can come from the simplest and closest things, and to remember that events happening around me have no real power over me.

Those people you overheard discussing their fears and plans are on their own paths and have no bearing whatsoever on you or your family's lives unless you deem it relevant and worthy of your attention. You do not have to experience their future(s), there are plenty paths to take for each and every person. Don't assume one reality fits all. To each his/her own.

These are indeed very exciting times to be alive, but before you get caught up and overwhealmed, take a moment to clarify your preferences, re-assess your purpose, and to ask yourself if you want transition to take the form of disaster, alien invasion, or something simple as overcoming your perceived limitations and remembering your connections to all that is. 'Revelation' can mean a lot of things, I choose to see it as the revealing and remembering of Self. So, enjoy yourSelf, and when you reach that moment of clarity and hold on to it, things can only get better.

edit on 23/5/11 by Evasius because: spelling

edit on 23/5/11 by Evasius because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skem64

Yeah just think about a mass "EMP" from the sun taking out everything electronic.
No phones no AM no radio no car (other then old ones) no supermarket food (freezer food that is) no power.
And that leads to global wars and riots/killing.

So the world as we know it will end but man will live on to rebuild.

But thats only 1 possible thing that can happen in 2012 or now for that matter. Then again it could be a really nice day out and nothing happens other then a few people hiding in a bunker miss out on such a nice day.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think people tend to forget two things about 2012:

1. Even the most diehard skeptics admit the "interesting" thing about 2012 is the number of varying belief systems that reference this date to be of importance. Important does not mean the end of the world. Rather, one also has to consider that there was no communication system that spanned regions let alone the world. Therefore, if a region experienced a devastating earthquake, plague, tsunami, etc., one would describe it as catastrophic or world ending...because to them and all that they knew existed it was all encompassing.

Now, having said that, on the flip side, any major catastrophe (think: Yellowstone eruption, 9.0 earthquake that kills hundreds of thousands of people) could easily disrupt and create a domino affect that spans the globe. We are all in a much more fragile state than most people realize and it won't take much to tip the scales. And that's only considering if we stay where we are now, not if things get worse.

2. Even if 2012 weren't significant, if global events continue to deteriorate most people will begin to wonder whether or not it is the end of life as we know it and how we respond to that feeling will determine how bad it really gets. The problem is when desperate people desperately seek an answer to "why me" and latch on to popular theories that confirm it wasn't their fault. The more desperate and scared people, the more the hype grows. It may very well become a chicken vs egg conundrum: did we cause the downfall of ourselves or was it destined to be through prophesy.

Either way, it's no longer about what is going to happen in 2012 but rather how many people think something will happen in 2012 and what will they do about it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What I hear the mostly from people around me, that life has become a real nightmare and it would be finally prefferable to end it.
2012 is a syptome of this hard life,the end will be a release for some people,but they don't have the courage or there faith don't allowed them to do it, so they wait the end; no need To read a prophecy to realize that we are a mere shadow of ourselves.

even the rich do not know how to be rich ... they are just collecting money like a stamp collection
the idiots are now the smarter...and they rule the world
crook are now the respectable men...

I saw no flames or any deadly earthquake, but when I see our society i can say actually is already the end of the world it's just a matter of perspective.

edit on 23-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
2012 Is just fear mongering promoted by...oh yes TPTB!!
However, 2012 Is a significant time In human history, It Is the next stage In consciousness, and IMO, a Revolution Is coming to a country near you soon!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The more you hear, the more you look into it, the more you're aware and want to prepare for it. Not healthy to consume your mind, but to know of possibilities, a small dose even could save your life.
To compare 2012 and the just past Rapture date is not the best example of "things that won't happen"...

Happen or not-now or later-, you can't ignore the fact of truths in the prophecy...that spans cultures and religions. Major earth changing disasters have happened and will happen again, as we are seeing now in fair but growing amounts.
I find it interesting, for the most part, that "spider" program(as talked of on Decoded), cannot find 'future prediction patterns' of what happens after the 2012 event up tot six months after, as if all communication is shut down, people obliterated and or hiding for a while.
Or just there's nothing to talk of about that time...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
The more you hear, the more you look into it, the more you're aware and want to prepare for it. Not healthy to consume your mind, but to know of possibilities, a small dose even could save your life.
To compare 2012 and the just past Rapture date is not the best example of "things that won't happen"...

Happen or not-now or later-, you can't ignore the fact of truths in the prophecy...that spans cultures and religions. Major earth changing disasters have happened and will happen again, as we are seeing now in fair but growing amounts.
I find it interesting, for the most part, that "spider" program(as talked of on Decoded), cannot find 'future prediction patterns' of what happens after the 2012 event up tot six months after, as if all communication is shut down, people obliterated and or hiding for a while.
Or just there's nothing to talk of about that time...

good thread and nice post above

For me the day that changed everything was in back in 1995 when i first became aware of nostradamus' the man who saw tomorrow.

after that i set out on a mission to disprove the implications of what his writings were warning about for mankinds near future and only ended finding overwhelming evidence validating these warnings from nostradamus, to cayce, to the hopi and mayans etc about what was coming which would be far more profound than what mere prophets and organized religions talk about. It won't be the end of the world, but just the end of the world as we know it. Life will be nothing like it is now and the current planetary paradigm will be like having to learn a new foreign language to adapt.

So in 1999 i think it was, the town i lived in had a power outage that lasted 2 days due to a heat wave... and what I witnessed in just those 2 days, changed my perception of how fragile this world and our society really is; and that was long before the age of technology that our current society relies upon now.
But for 2 days people were fighting in the streets for gas and hoarding food stores that were even open. Lines at the gas pump and to stores and regular people acting like savages. There was even an episode of the Twilight Zone Series that illustrated that experience and a glimpse into the future where a neighborhood was dealing with the threat of an incoming NUKE attack and had to find shelter, except only one of the neighbors had prepared and the rest were trying to gain entrance into this one families shelter that had stocked up on food and water.

Thats exactly the type of scenario that i believe is on the horizon and i see it beginning around September of this year with the arrival of ELENIN which i've been hand-waving on the net and to a few close friends over the past 6 months more than ever.

Those who remain asleep, ridicule and ignore the blatant warning signs and evidence that the earth is about to experience massive geological events and territorial changes on a global scale as it moves into a new aura and frequency over the next year, are gonna be like the neighbors in the Twilight Zone soon, literally.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst is my advice, especially if you live in the Western Coast of North America between September and November. Survival groups, emergency supplies, raising ones frequency in areas such as Dna Activation, and being open to and ready for an entirely new paradigm, is also recommended.

Where ever you plan to be especially if you stay in urban areas and concrete jungles, plan to be there and self sufficient for many months. Oh and a really big gun or weapon for defense wouldn't hurt

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

2012 will come and go just like Harold Camping's rapture.

Come back and Tell that to ELENIN and her apostles in September.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Just so ppl get one thing straight.

The mayan prophecies were never about the end of the world. It is suppose to happen something yes, a form of enlightenment, a new era or age, the discovery of something important and some even relate it to aliens or atlantis taking into account all the myths and mysteries surrounding that particular civilization... or could be something as simple as a change in cycle of the earth like today's "new year".

But never, ever was about the end of the world.

exactly. its gonna be about the end of the world as we know it... hopefully we'll all still feel fine.
but i think Elenin and the system approaching on her elliptic, has a few tricks up their sleeve that might throw a monkey wrench in our hope that the change won't be cataclysmic.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

2012 will come and go just like Harold Camping's rapture.

I almost agree...

It won't be Camping's Rapture, it won't be the end of the world... BUT, really? What do you think world politics are going to look like come 2013....

It's gonna be like a different world I think... Policy and litigation is getting waaaaaaaaay out of control.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekr1111

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Just so ppl get one thing straight.

The mayan prophecies were never about the end of the world. It is suppose to happen something yes, a form of enlightenment, a new era or age, the discovery of something important and some even relate it to aliens or atlantis taking into account all the myths and mysteries surrounding that particular civilization... or could be something as simple as a change in cycle of the earth like today's "new year".

But never, ever was about the end of the world.

exactly. its gonna be about the end of the world as we know it... hopefully we'll all still feel fine.
but i think Elenin and the system approaching on her elliptic, has a few tricks up their sleeve that might throw a monkey wrench in our hope that the change won't be cataclysmic.

The guy you quoted had the exact opposite sentiments as you. He said, it's NOT ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD.

You reply "Exactly, It's about the end of the world."

edit on 24-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join