It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people afraid of aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I agree with the notion that other posters have mentioned that it is generally human nature to fear the unknown.

I'd love to think in "Star Trek time" 500 years from now when we achieve interplanetary travel that different races of aliens and humans will interact, work together and trade knowledge regularly. I'd also love to believe that if there are aliens, they really are just little friendly ET guys with flashlight fingers who just want to phone home, but what little shreds of evidence we have of any alien existence at all suggest otherwise.

UFO sightings are sparse, fleeting glances often backed up with nothing more than eyewitness testimony and if you're lucky, a grainy image that may or may not even be real. My theory is if they are here and do come in peace, they'd show up on the White House lawn with a big white flag that says "we come in peace" instead of performing these low profile operations.

Further, when eyewitnesses testify to alien contact it's often in the form of an alien abduction scenario that involves being taken against their will from their car or house in the middle of the night and being forced to undergo some sort of unpleasant medical test. Again, my theory is if aliens really are here and they have peaceful intentions, they wouldn't be performing these covert midnight anal probings.

So in conclusion, whether or not any sparse UFO report up to now is true and whether or not any reported alien abduction is true, if I see an alien or a UFO, I am running or driving in the opposite direction as quickly as possible. Better to err on the side of caution and be wrong than risk getting my behymen violated by some alien with long fingers and bad intentions.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JusticeIsComing

when i finally see one...i will run up and try to hug it. of course, i'm sure my disposition towards aliens is slanted by the fact that i really don't feel like i'm from here. i'm one of "those weirdos" who believes in the spiritual/metaphysical side of existence and they there is more to this world than meets the eye. i often feel as though this isn't my home.

sp perhaps my longing to see them and interact with them is just my "weird" belief that they could be family...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
i for one can't wait to meet the aliens! see what they have to teach us.

Talk with a couple of hundred abductees about their experiences .... see if youre still so eager to meet them ..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
As much as i would like to think they were friendly ... i just cannot trust anyone that operates from within the shadows ... That has alarm bells all over it

Just because they are in a position technologically, to wipe us out, and havent done so, is far from suggesting they have our best interests at heart ...

If you were running a project that created and raised thousands of ants .. although you may not care for the ants, and have no problem hurting individual ants for the purposes of your experiments ... it would be unwise to wipe them all out (and your project), with your technology for no reason ...

From the ants perspective .. we could appear friendly .. since we could wipe them out, but dont ... so long as the majority of ants don't believe the tiny majority of individual ones that they were abducted ... or the greater majority still, wouldnt believe in us in the first place ... then they could happilly go along with their little lives .. in ignorance .. blind to the fact that their lifes purpose is just to be part of my project ..

Okay .. so maybe ants wasnt the best analogy to use

ETA - I suppose it depends what race of aliens you would like to meet though ... Some sound worse than others ... But so far, (at this moment in history anyway) they all appear to want to watch and operate from the shadows ... I absolutely don't see that as a good thing ..
edit on 24-5-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Wake up nose to nose with this, mid-autopsy, and tell me if you'd be able to maintain your composure.

In short; people fear the unknown, and no one can know what this guy is thinking. He could be smiling for Christ's sake.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Last one I saw didn't have a Michael Jackson nose thank gawd.
That would have given me a heart attack!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

if they were to try and get rid of us then why wait until we get more advanced . its just TPTB trying to put fear in us all so dont be afraid of what you dont know be afraid of those who we call TPTB

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The human being is afraid to the unknown. And that is since the it's existence. That is completely normal, for better or worse.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahwehsprincess
becuse they are FALLEN ANGELS/DEMONS that possess/abduct weak people that arent trained in spiritual warfare, JESUS said cast DEMONS out of people !!!!!!!! dont lay in bed waiting for them to come get you!!!! cast those alien/demons back to the pit of hell in JESUS name!!! you only believe their aliens because it is the year 2011 if you were born befor all this sci/fi crap you would know they were DEMONS!!!!!!!!!

I just knew a thread like this would have a post such as this within a few pages, and I was right. Friend, ETs are not demons, Demons are something made up by the Church to scare you. But, if you want to believe that, and feel that way, go ahead, I fell really sorry for you. You will not make it through Ascension thinking like that. And please don't shoot at the ETs when they arrive.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

Theyre not trying to get rid of us ...

The anology i used in my post, suggested, it was them that created us in first place .. and therefore, getting rid of us would defeat the purpose .... so long as the project has value ...

Thats the theory im toying with ..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
ou. You will not make it through Ascension thinking like that. And please don't shoot at the ETs when they arrive.

WHEN they arrive? Oh yeah...this is a hypothetical thread to most. Between you and I (and everyone else reading this
) they are already here...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Dude... anal probes ring a bell. I mean seriously, bastards come in the night and take you away for probing.

Why would anyone assume another race would only be peaceful? Because they are more technologically advanced they don't believe it taking what you have? Maybe it's not easy to fly here and you only would for a good reason. If they just wanted to talk to us, tell us we were not alone and they come in peace, they could do it without coming here themselves I should think.

V

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Because we are afraid of each other?

Aliens should be afraid of us, too....

Great answer and so true...... We are definitely a virus on this planet, all the inhumane things we have done to each other over the centuries are just atrocities that should not happen with a civilization who are suppose to be so intelligent. It seems our technology has advanced faster than our compassion for one and all. We are still doing awful things to each other after thousands of years. Sigh,

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Because they are our Jailers

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join