It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people afraid of aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i mean yeah...obviously they could crush us before we even knew they were here. but seriously...if these cats can build machines to cross the universe and dimensions...why in the blue *SNIP* would they wanna come here? yeah...like we're a threat to their dominance. like we have something they want.

i for one can't wait to meet the aliens! see what they have to teach us.

seriously...i highly doubt they would cross the universe and/or dimensions just to destroy us. look at the ego of mankind! we think we're so great that others want what we have or are intimidated by us. get over yourselves humans...when they come...it will be to help.

you'll see...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Because we are afraid of each other?

Aliens should be afraid of us, too....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not scared of alien contact but I seem to have a strong reaction to greys. It's starting to get better but a few years ago seing one picture would not let me sleep for 2 days or so. No idea why, started suddenly and now its fading.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Because they will probably look different, have resources or technology that we desire and may have different religions that we wouldn't agree with.

That's why we kill each other on Earth so why should ET be excluded?

(sarcasm of course)

edit on 23-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I agree with you. Aliens could be good but we still wouldn't think twice about attacking them, some of anyway. We have a long way to go to be honest before we are even close to being ready to meet 'aliens'. I know many of us are already ready but the fact of the matter is, we just think we are read.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Simple: It's human nature to fear the unknown. Until we are actually able to interact with aliens on a personal, physical basis, we have nothing empirical with which to relieve our anxiety.

Throw in all the bizarre abduction stories, quacky Hollywood invasion scenarios, decades of science fiction, plus the evasive world governments spending billions to cover-up something that "doesn't exist" and you're left with enough fear-fodder to creep out any normal human to pieces.

Sure, (some) aliens may be fuzzy, friendly Alf-types here to teach us wonderful, esoteric, evolutionary things and save us from ourselves. Or, they could be blood-sucking, lizard-scaled, death-ray toting planet-rapists. Or both. Or, neither. Or something else entirely. Or all sorts of different creatures. Or.... See what I mean?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
..if these cats can build machines to cross the universe and dimensions..
you'll see...

I'm afraid of cats that can build machines like that.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Because they're not nice and friendly like everyone is brainwashed to think. Nothing friendly sneaks around in the darkest hours of the night kidnapping people, doing sexual experiments, dismembering, implanting crap, lying then erases your memory and puts you back in bed only to be called a lunatic for talking about the subject should you happen to remember.

I don't know where people get this idea that they're here to "help" us when just about every story about them blatantly says otherwise. Its stupid.

If these stories involved a government organization doing this, everyone would be in an uproar...but because its an "alien" everyone is all "They've come to save us from ourselves! Let's totally forget their cold, deceptive, malignant nature and reframe them as awesome fairies with magical powers that care about our well-being!"

There's sheep on both sides. Sheep that are happily ignorant about things found on sites like ATS and sheep that know about things on these types of sites but reframe all information to fit their idealistic fantasy world.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

hmm why would they want to come here? well why does a scientist stop to study a new species, for all we know our planet could be a treasure trove of biological information for them. perhaps the common cold for us was like a global epidemic for them or so on. why fear em? well why not just look at our own history. technologically advance race appears they survey the lands and the indigenous people report back home then come back take what they want and the oppositions is squashed.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
Because they're not nice and friendly like everyone is brainwashed to think. Nothing friendly sneaks around in the darkest hours of the night kidnapping people, doing sexual experiments, dismembering, implanting crap, lying then erases your memory and puts you back in bed only to be called a lunatic for talking about the subject should you happen to remember.

I don't know where people get this idea that they're here to "help" us when just about every story about them blatantly says otherwise. Its stupid.

If these stories involved a government organization doing this, everyone would be in an uproar...

WOW!

You just described....(insert Country here) lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

dude...where do you get your info? fox news? cnn? personal experience?

me personally...i don't know anyone who has ever actually been anal raped, dismembered, abducted or memory wiped by any aliens. you could very well be the sheep who's buying all the BS that TPTB are pumping into the media to scare us so that when they do come...everyone will freak out.

i swear...i love you experts of the unknown, hypothetical situations. you come off as though you're the top notch authority on aliens. who the eff are you? you act as though you're privy to secret info of what aliens do here on earth. you're funny though. thanks for the laugh!
edit on 5/23/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

2nd line

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Throughout the years and thousands of possible abductions the Aliens were not friendly and before they brought you back Male or Female you got the Famous "ANAL PROBE" ! thats why .

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
Nothing friendly sneaks around in the darkest hours of the night kidnapping people, doing sexual experiments,

My EX did, and I appreciated her all the more for it, to be perfectly honest.

As far as ET's, well, I'll make some determination on whether or not to be concerned if the day ever comes to pass....I suspect I have nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i think its because of the bad press radical Muslim have given them. So every time someone see a person who looks like they might be Muslim they get freaked out!

you mean illegal aliens right?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
why are people afraid of aliens?

I do admit I have not one thing in this thread and I am sorry but the answer is quite simple for this question.

Humans are afraid of them for the simple reason we do not understand them that is in my opinion why Jesus was murdered for they did not understand him and there for had to get rid of him any thing that humans do not understand we think that we must kill them I hate that with a passion about us it makes me sick there are many things that I do not understand but I do not wish to harm or kill any living thing unless it was a 100% threat to me and mine I would hope that many would agree with me on this. Thanks

The Queen

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well because in nature it's all aboutsurvival of the fittest. Logical reasoning makes an alien race the best of their planet species. They managed to go into the heavens so... However once a spcies has evolved into peacful community in balance with nature... They might look at us as vermin and try to extinguish us for the good of anything else on the plant.

It's loose-loose situation.. People should be afraid... Very afraid indeed.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Queenicess

They did understand him very clear though. They knew that if his teachings would spread they would be out of bussines and so they sabotaged the whole thing...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

or...perhaps...they will come and share their knowledge and help us advance into the heavens. everyone just assumes bad things.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by Watts

dude...where do you get your info? fox news? cnn? personal experience?

me personally...i don't know anyone who has ever actually been anal raped, dismembered, abducted or memory wiped by any aliens. you could very well be the sheep who's buying all the BS that TPTB are pumping into the media to scare us so that when they do come...everyone will freak out.

i swear...i love you experts of the unknown, hypothetical situations. you come off as though you're the top notch authority on aliens. who the eff are you? you act as though you're privy to secret info of what aliens do here on earth. you're funny though. thanks for the laugh!
edit on 5/23/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

Sooooo you're on ATS.... and have NEVER read anything about people's accounts of alien abductions??
LOL Oh, ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join