It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Implications of the Fukushima Accident on the World's Operating Reactors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

Wow, latest video by Arnie Gundersen, nuclear physicist...rather scary....first the fact that Fuku. reactor #1 was in meltdown BEFORE the tsunami hit because of the earthquake that was out to sea, Fuku. #4's fuel pool was cracked and leaking because of the earthquake, NOT tsunami.....these were supposed to be seismic activity PROOF..and they aren't.....now the reactor he talks about in Florida developing long cracks when it was the most analyzed structure, they never dreamed the cracks could happen.......and the insurance PriceAnderson(sp?) where all the U.S reactors have a $10 billion dollar cap in case of an accident, leaving us taxpayers to pony up the rest at $190 billion (derived from what the estimates are now at for the Fukushima disaster in Japan)... giving the nuclear utilities a free ride on their insurance (we sure the heck DON'T get ANY free ride on our insurance policies of any kind, in fact, now more like we pay a whole lot in, so in case we ever need it, we get a discount coupon in return...90% to insurance for a 10% discount off OUR bills in an emergency...)

edit on 23-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Seems like a new nuclear crisis is all over the world now.
With this year having very turbulent earthquakes - who knows why, perhaps due to the sun's activity.
If we have a war between Pakistan and/or Iran, there are further problems.
The nuclear industry is in denial all over the world. Looking at the history of nuke tests and NPP-s, including follow-up studies of Chernobyl, it could be that a lot of the health problems we experience nowadays in masses - such as way too many people dying of cancer and perhaps even climate change.
The design of these money-making machines replacing oil is far from good. Any bigger probelm strikes, there is no solution for hundreds of years. We have been hoping for almost sixty years that someone else will solve the problem of containment of wastes and other radioactive materials. No one has come up with a better solution so far - please correct me if I am wrong.
Plus, my experience with the US Navy was that people almost illiterate were allowed to handle nuclear submarines. When in 1986 - the year of Chernobyl - they were supposed to take physics ina no-tuition class, F=m times a was deleted from their exam items because after two years of studying physic s it was too much...

Fukushima is not going away. IT CONTINUES to release radioactive materials into the environment which will get into the food chain.
A couple of more earthqakes or terrorist acts or a smaller scale nuclear strike and every second person on Earth is supposed to die of cancer in the coming few years...
Can we imagine leaving a dead ocean to our children?

Is making cars THAT important?
That was the main reasons why Japan had over 200 NPP's in an EQ zone.
The insurance is right. WSHTF it would be far worse than a simple damage case. It will be a catastrophic meltdown of civilization as we know it and people living in caves for a few hundred years.
Perhaps I am being too pessimistic - but then again, so are most young people I know about the environment. Sorry.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

The insurance is right. WSHTF it would be far worse than a simple damage case. It will be a catastrophic meltdown of civilization as we know it and people living in caves for a few hundred years.

Yeah, I know. I had to throw (mention) the damage case in there for those who are only motivated by money. They could care less that our whole physical support system is about to be annihilated, but try and take a few more tax dollars from them and those are "fightin' words".......

new topics

join