It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Possibly the slickest FPS ive seen yet (judging from the trailer), I dont exactly think that doom3 will be any good. Ive never played the original doom games, but Ive heard that they are a "Scare the pants off you" kind of game. Just that phrase makes me want to stay away from it.

I think that zombie slaughter has almost been gamed out, and doom 3 looks like a typical walk into a room, see a zombie, blow it to bit. with refined graphics, of course.

for any doom fans, or if youre just plain curious, check it out:

www.doom3.com

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I bought it today. So far it seems like a good game. I haven't gotten that far though.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Im Playing it right now.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lucky bastards

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!! I want DOOOOOOOM!!!

Doom 3 Hell on Mars!!! Doom 3 Hell on Mars!!! Doom 3 Hell on Mars!!!
:bnghd:

As you can see, the Doom series are my all time favorite video games series ever. Besides Quake of course...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I pirated Doom 3 a few days ago. I can definitely say that I am enjoying it, so in order to support id Software I'll buy the Xbox version since I already pirated the PC one

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
sorry guys. i read a review at gamespot.com and they only gave it an 8.0

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
sorry guys. i read a review at gamespot.com and they only gave it an 8.0

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
PC Gamer gave it 93/100. Only flaw was the attempts at humor they said.

I wish I had to computer to play it, looks so great.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i used to have the worst obsession with doom & doom 2 back in highschool. it was violent, sick, and creepy as all hell. whats not to love about doom. although i dont have much interest in doom 3 though. other than the fact the soundtrack was scored by trent (god) reznor.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Got it. Played a good bit of it. It's very nice. Lots of eyecandy! As scary as a game can get as far as mood and ambiance goes. Sucks that multiplyer is limited to 4 players, but I guess there are few servers powerful enough to run anymore than that.

Better have a strong PC with a rockin' video card for this. I used to play Quake 3 and Medal of Honor with full effects and all the stuff turned up to the max (P4 2.28 Ghz, Radeon 9700 pro, 512 DDR). I have to run Doom3 at medium quality in 800 x 600 to keep it from getting jerky.

Heh, and it wouldn't be Doom without some chainsaws!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm stuck using an old POS computer right now that probablly couldn't even get past the install....I can't wait till I get my new hard drive and plop it into my real computer - then I'll go out at get Unreal and Doom! Pull some of this action on ya....

Yeeaahh - then you'll be like...

j/k - I'll probablly get my ass kicked...can't wait to play it tho

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i bought it it's heaps good and runs great on my computers at 1024x768 on medium. It is certainly a good looking game but the gameplay and atmosphere is what makes it. I recommend everyone going out and getting it

Best single player FPS since Half Life and Deus Ex and it's a bit better than Far Cry and the game for me goes longer than Call Of Duty.

anywayz you wont be disappointed,

drfunk

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The environments I think is where the game really shines. I can only imagine the efforts put into lighting and textures. Only real grip I have is that at times its too dark and that puny little flashlight makes navigation extremely hard, I spent at least an hour on the bit with the moving platforms and the three stations to stop at. Also the switching between the gun and light gets a little old. Apparantly Id has already licensed out the doom 3 engine for some other game that they are keeing under wraps for now, but I definately would be interested to see how that pans out.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just would like to know if anyone has gotten past the guardian with the seekers...

top topics

join