It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State National Guard Secret Deployment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Pakistan? Please let it not be so.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Actually, perhaps they're going to look for Osama Bin Laden, lol.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
hopefully it's for the earthquake that could hit any minute now. that way they are nice and prepped.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I don't know if the news reporter know what he is talking about. He said at the end for some of them if could be their 3rd deployment overseas. If that is true it must not be natural diasters at least not in the US.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

I don't know if the news reporter know what he is talking about. He said at the end for some of them if could be their 3rd deployment overseas. If that is true it must not be natural diasters at least not in the US.

I don't think he knew either. He was just assuming. But it's probably not the rapid response domestic issue either, which is supposed to be composed of 500+ people. This call-up is for 3,000 troops.

I still don't think this can be termed "secret." The three levels are

1. "We might call you up."
2. "Get ready. We WILL call you up." (This is called an "alert.")
3. "You're going to Afghanistan." (This is a "Notice of Deployment.")

This is a Level 1 notification. There's no need to state particulars at this stage. The fact that they have not does not turn this potential deployment into a "secret." If this were a Level 3 Notice of Deployment and they said, "You're going somewhere, but we're not saying where." then THAT would be a secret.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
when my MN gaurd unit went to iraq, we knew months in advance that we were slated for iraq service and that it would be within a certain time frame but not before 'x'. ( we were asked to keep it quiet) if i remember right there is a 'warning order' given to the state gaurd commander notifing the amounts and units possibly slated for 'active duty' and then a 90 day alert notice for active duty..since they are 'part time' soliders, this notice is given so they can put 'thier affairs into order' before mobilazation for 'pre-training' and then mobilazation for active service to where ever they go.

it is a good bet that the WA units have a good idea were they are gunna possible go....the media got wind of the warning order before the mobilazation order for pre-training was given, not to unusual....

anybody friends with any of the unit members???..i bet you they will some idea of what they will be doing...at this point it really shouldn't be too much of a secret...i think the media is sort of 'sensationalizing' it a bit....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

I think you nailed it on this one. The reporter let the cat out of the bag.
I'm guessing the boarder of Pakistan.

I remember many years ago when I used to think our National State Guards were for guarding our homeland and the regular armed forces were to go overseas.... appearantly I was very wrong.
edit on 23-5-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Maybe the states got together and they're gonna roll to DC and take our country back?!?!?

(one can only hope)

Now wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
My guess would be to assist in natural disasters. Take a look at the news. Probably preparing to assist FEMA.

I could be wrong but one combat and one mp brigade just from one state? MMm no, They wouldn't pull combat troops out for just anything but combat in most cases. These guys will be providing support for something and I hope its not on U.S. soil unless its to save Americans from record flooding but I doubt it given its coming from DOD directly and no states have begged for extra troops yet.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

I thought that as well....

No offense to any active / reserve / retired but sounds like we should change the name to International Guard.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Guam, Palau, Philippines, Pacific Theater.

Obama's selling F-16's to Taiwan. 15 US Congressmen recently made a secret visit to the military bases on Guam.

The Pacific War is kicking off now that the middle east is secured.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

National Guard/State Militia units fought in the Spanish American War, World War I, and World War II. Not so much in Vietnam and Korea (although I believe some Air Guard units had some activity in the Cold War Era). Its not new for Guard units to fight overseas. With a "neverending" war on terror, DoD is going to use whatever they have at their disposal - regular armed forces, reserves, private security corporations, proxy rebel fighters or foreign military, and Guardsmen. Unfortunately, with the recent rise in natural events -tornadoes, flooding, hurricanes, drought, fires, etc - we sure could use them at home.
I don't see what the big "secret" is here. Sounds like a potential brigade level call up, which typically means it will become more defined as the alert and eventually mobilization take place. This appears to me to be a mundane everyday occurrence given exaggerated significance by someone who makes his living off of disinfo and paranoia. Then the folks who read/watch his stuff, who don't know anything about the process of guard activation, eat it up.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Good catch!

I've re-watched the video.

Now, why would he be reporting about a "secret deployment" when in fact he apparently knew a few things about what was going on. At least more info then the NG's families were receiving.

Also, why the lead-in by the anchorwoman about the possibility of having to go off to war again?

I'm opting out of the whole natural disaster scenario. This appears to be something else.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Thanks for catching that emberscott.

I'm from Minnesota too and I was not aware of this.

Over 2,000 soldiers from the Minnesota Army National Guard are leaving to begin training for a one-year deployment overseas.

The soldiers will be supporting Operation New Dawn, which is the drawdown phase of the U.S. military operations in Iraq.

They'll be stationed in Kuwait. And they'll be responsible for providing base management and securing the ground convoys of troops, equipment and supplies throughout Iraq.

Kuwait?

Something tells me that will not be their final destination. And I'm not talking Iraq.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

edit on 23-5-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Guys, look at every state's NG developments and you'll find similar stories all over the country. It isn't a secret and if you look at the past ten years you'll find exactly the same thing. All it means is that things really haven't changed in Afghanistan and Iraq. I wouldn't be surprised if Guard units find themselves in Libya at some point, too, but that is to be expected. There are plenty of real stories out there. This is merely something that happens to every state's NG constantly. Usually it's at the Battalion or Company level(numbers vary depending on type of unit, but alot smaller than brigade or direct reporting unit). In some cases, particularly with infantry, it is a Brigade level mobilization. In Louisiana, we get a brigade level alert every few years. The 256th Infantry Brigade (over 3,000 strong) has been to Iraq twice since Operation Iraqi freedom (Now "Operation New Dawn") began. You are tilting at windmills here if you're looking for anything secret or conspiratorial. There are real secrets and conspiracies out there. All I ask is that you do a little fact checking and informing yourself before assuming that there is a conspiracy behind a little local news station's piece that is really just poorly done. If there was a big secret, why use the Guard instead of regular army units or private security contractors that wouldn't end up on anyone's local news? I mean, if the TPTB are that dumb, we don't have much to worry about.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Obama's selling F-16's to Taiwan. 15 US Congressmen recently made a secret visit to the military bases on Guam.

That was simply to assure Rep Hank Johnson (D-GA) that Guam would not be capsizing due to an expanded military presence on the island.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Hahahahahahahahaha!
Also, Congressmen going to a Pacific island on a "mission"? I bet they come back tan and full of antibiotics. And our Defense Industry is selling f16s to allies? Well thats new.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join