It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptic's Annotated Qu'ran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of skepticsannotatedbible.com, a great resource for when you're in a bind and can't remember which specific book that crazy passage you're referring to is. Granted, I still tend to use blueletterbible.com because it has so many versions and translations.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you the skeptic's annotated Qu'ran, mainly because none of you have ever bothered to read it. Well, I've not read it cover to cover...sort of a tedious book. Trying to get through it though.

It's odd how the Qu'ran preserved the Biblical hatred for women...

Basically, this is a great resource to show how silly the Qu'ran is in general. It's also incredibly violent, intolerant, and yet it's somehow peppered with good things here and there...sort of like most books. Hard to find an entirely horrid book.
edit on 23/5/11 by madnessinmysoul because: apostrophe

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Hard to find an entirely horrid book.

Try reading Dreams from My Father...by our very own BO

Entirely horrid to me!
edit on 5/23/2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Really? At the very least it's well written and actually has some decent messages about life in it. I mean, I didn't have much of a problem with it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The book itself is well written, what else would you expect when released by such a historical person. It is the hypocrisy of what he writes about and does in real life that reeks of horridness to me. When I read books, I try to keep the author's intentions/persona in the back of my mind...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah it is a hard book to read, I personally find it interesting because whole societies and masses of people adhere to it in a manner that is quite disturbing. Most people taht defend it by saying it promotes peace have not even read more than the first 2-3 surahs because there is some extreme intolerance in it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This thread was a proof of concept. I decided to start a thread that openly criticized Islam and the Qu'ran specifically for two reasons:

Reason 1: To show that you can start such a thread without it being removed.

Reason 2: To show Christians that the reason I don't normally start these sorts of threads is because nobody participates in them. Rational, well thought out threads against Islam get little to no response or are quickly quagmired by ignorant and baseless hate-speech.

I like to address my audience. The majority of the audience that frequents this bit of ATS is Christian, not Muslim. No point in anti-Qu'ran threads when nobody really cares.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Star and flag for you, you old evolution nerd you!! Good read here. See, there are some things all of us can agree on, even you and me.

top topics

join