It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three UFOs Flying Around ISS. Ground Control order: 'Endeavour please pause the playback!'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
OMG this is one video and has 58 flags? I haven't posted here forever but continue to read here and after seeing all the flags and responses to this thread I'd like to remind you all about the 3 orb triangle formation videos I posted in 2008 here: My UFO videos I'm still waiting to see pictures from NASA that we see astronauts taking in a couple of the videos.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by missanthropic

I would also like to see a video where the u.f.o.'s actually changed their trajectory mid flight.. That would be interesting.
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Footage of UFO's changing trajectories do exist. Space shuttle Discovery caught a UFO on camera in 1991. An object moves from right to left and then makes a 135 degree turn and then accelerates.

As observed earlier, the more unfamiliar a person is with real spaceflight operations, the more they are impressed with 'UFO explanations' for videos such as these.

You give an excellent example of how you [and most humans] make unconscious assumptions that aren't proper, leading you to erroneous pseudo-conclusions.

The "135 degree turn" makes an assumption that the dot's motion is in a plane perpendicular to the camera-dot line of sight. It assumes the image has no depth -- is totally flat. But space isn't.

If the motion is in a plane tilted to the line of sight, a much gentler turn -- projected onto the TV screen -- can produce a 135 degree zig-zag appearance.

Try this at home. Draw a line on a piece of paper, with a gentle curve -- experiment, maybe try 20, 40, 60 degrees -- and then view the paper from an oblique angle. See how the 'turn angle' appears to sharpen?

Once you realize this unexpected consequence of three-dimensionality, you get an idea of how your earth-trained interpretation algorithms can mislead you when looking at space videos. Remember what Spock told Kirk about Khan's battle tactics.

Do you see how your "135 degree" assertion is not accurate?

IF the particle is a small piece of shuttle-derived stuff, as I believe, it will indeed be departing from the camera at a sharp angle as it drifts away from the shuttle.

The particle turns -- and several other particles in the view also turn -- precisely only during a 1-second thruster firing commanded by the autopilot to maintain desired orientation in space. It's on the telemetry records. There are no other thruster firings in this period and no other cases of dots turning.

I consider that valid proof of cause-and-effect.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by missanthropic

Thanks. That has always been my favorite video of any strange happenings. But unfortunately, there is an official story that is more likely the answer. It's like 'beyond a shadow of a doubt'. That shadow can present the opportunity to freedom.

That doubt being cast holds me back from falling into an oblivion of misguided beliefs. Still an intriguing video.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
reply to post by missanthropic

Thanks. That has always been my favorite video of any strange happenings. But unfortunately, there is an official story that is more likely the answer. It's like 'beyond a shadow of a doubt'. That shadow can present the opportunity to freedom.

That doubt being cast holds me back from falling into an oblivion of misguided beliefs. Still an intriguing video.

You're absolutely right. It is a bizarre, fundamentally UNEARTHLY scene.

Any attempt to process it visually using our half billion years of earthbound visual algorithms will lead to misinterpretation. Instinct here, is our enemy. Intuition betrays us. The only reliable tool is cold intellect.

Which is why it's SO cool. Not a single one of our ancestors EVER had this eye-brain challenge. Our descendants will grow up with it looking normal.

WE get to be here at the transition.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I have heard you say some crazy things but this tops it all. We were not talking about something coming into earths Atmosphere. The ISS is not in the Earths Atmosphere. But to say you can see a Beer can with your naked eye 300+ miles away has got to be the most insane thing I have heard on ATS. Even on the Tether video the tether was only 80 miles away and the Shuttle Camera UV and Normal had to Zoom in to see it out there in the middle of space.

From Earth people frequently naked-eye see objects of this size 50-60 miles up as they hit the atmosphere, and amateur satellite observers with backyard optics see and videotape stuff this small ten thousand miles away. I’ve myself seen a space tether the thickness of a telephone cord, naked eye, at a range of 300+ miles.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Phage

I have seen his website. Even sent him an email about it. He replied but no message just an attachment I didn't open. Impressive, but I have looked for a NASA site and found one where he was making a presentation on Russian Space research. watched the video. I know a lot of very intelligent people, 4 Astrophysics, they all believe exterrestials are visiting earth. I myself have given a presentation to military students in physics attending Cambridge UK on Quantum Physics and Other Dimensions. It was well excepted. I have never read any of his books because until I got on ATS I had never heard of him.

This assertion puzzled me because I have no recollection -- nor record in my 'sent' folder -- of ever emailing you. So I checked and found out what really happened.

You had looked up my email address on my website and just miscopied it. There was an 11-letter name I used and you just left out one of the letters. Simple mistake.

The message had gone to a different person, who did on occasion get such mis-addressed mail and had figured out [from content] who they were really intended for, then found out my real address, correctly copied it, and had graciously forwarded the messages to me with a 'CC' back to the originator so THEY could notice THEY were using the wrong address, That must have been the message you THOUGHT you had gotten from ME.

Sorry you didn't even understand what HE was trying to help you with -- fix your original addressing error. You've really got to be more careful with spelling, particularly in spelling of email addresses because you seem to derive deep dark meanings from my fantasized intentions based on your own inability to follow workable internet communications protocols.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It's so astounding to me, that every single human being's eyes don't light up when they hear of the mere possibility of a UFO appearance. I for one don't concern myself so much with the authenticity, at lest not obsessively. I can't imagine to conceive what they are ACTUALLY doing up there flitting around, playing peek-a-boo with us. So silly and epic. So exciting!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
I have heard you say some crazy things but this tops it all. We were not talking about something coming into earths Atmosphere. The ISS is not in the Earths Atmosphere.

The ISS orbits between 320 and 380 km above the Earth's surface. The thermosphere begins around 85 km above the Earth's surface and extends to 680 km. So the ISS is in Earth's atmosphere.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Well, I sent you one and then got a reply. Does someone else use your email. I even complimented you on some of your work, Or maybe you are Not the Jim Oberg, that worked for NASA [just kidding now]
Is there another Jim Oberg at NASA? Because the download was about NASA, like a pdf. 20 pages.
It wasn't a CC.

The message had gone to a different person, who did on occasion get such mis-addressed mail and had figured out [from content] who they were really intended for, then found out my real address, correctly copied it, and had graciously forwarded the messages to me with a 'CC' back to the originator so THEY could notice THEY were using the wrong address, That must have been the message you THOUGHT you had gotten from ME.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

What in the World are you talking about? Who is trying to help me with an email address. No Phage or anyone else. He was telling me you worked for NASA a long time. I told him I knew that and read some of your website. But I had never heard of you till I came on ATS. He was not trying to help me with your email address at all, I don't know how you got that. No one can put email address on ATS post. I will reply to the email and if you get it you can say it is your email address. I don't even understand why you thought the conversation was just about your email address. I copied and pasted it so and got a reply, Big deal

Sorry you didn't even understand what HE was trying to help you with -- fix your original addressing error. You've really got to be more careful with spelling, particularly in spelling of email addresses because you seem to derive deep dark meanings from my fantasized intentions based on your own inability to follow workable internet communications protocols.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
At its best -- and it can be very very good -- ATS is a lesson in self-discovery and sharpening of communications and research skills. One of the great values I've found in the forums here is the contribution to my skills at presenting my point of view to people whose misunderstanding of the fundamentals of spaceflight I had seriously underestimated. The written material I paste on my home page, and in the future send around to interested folks, will be enhanced in effectiveness by these experiences and I am grateful to all the folks who have carefully explained the bases of their beliefs.

I am sorry that you cannot even accept an unavoidable, simple truth -- you miscopied my email address, you based a long series of deductions on your imaginations of my reactions to an email I never received, and now refuse even to go back and check your spelling. Around here, we learn to 'get along' with all sorts of foibles for the sake of the contributions of people's personal experiences and passions, which you have shared generously. In the real world, alas, I fear such carelessness and fantasy-driven frenzies might be perceived less generously.

Please do some 'discovery' on yourself. And please don't go away from these pages. Be well, and stay with us.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

'ATS is a lesson in'...!!! Hello... I am not here for sharpening any skills Jim. I am posting to communicate ideas about what UFOs might be.

You are obviously not capable of a discussion on UFOs. You say we say 'crazy' things. Things like.. what the nature of UFOs might be. That is because you don't believe in UFOs. You are a known 'front line' celebrity skeptic on UFOs on NASA video. That's your gig. I get that part.

It's your claim to UFO fame! The problem is you add zero new ideas.

You always talk on & on about the same old physics of space travel... which is known conventional knowledge! I do not need to come to ATS for that. I come to ATS & the topic area , UFOs... to hear free thinking by members about the possibilities of UFOs in our skies & space.

Not Jim Oberg's conventional wisdom lectures & NASA spin, that have become repetitious in 'UFO' thread after thread... regarding NASA UFOs posts as public enemy #1.

And here we have yet another 'UFO' thread, that has been drained of any fun, imagination or new ideas & it's again because Jim Oberg has changed it to a chat based on his premise that UFOs do not exist. And the thread gets into a one way discussion & will soon die!

Oberg should have a dedicated 'skeptic' thread or topic area to debate the existence of UFOs. The topic area here at ATS is called ...UFOs...not 'debunk' UFOs. Oberg is not capable of any UFO speculation.

He is a one trick pony! UFOs don't exist

...OK..we get it Jim. And your rants, opps...lessons...are the same thread after thread. Boring typical skeptic garbage... blur me with science speak all you want. Just do it on a skeptic UFO denier thread & let us speculate away & have some fun. This is not school Mr. Oberg.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
This is not school Mr. Oberg.

The Universe is 'school', my friend, whether you choose to attend or play hookie.

Are you actually saying you want to NOT know the explanation for the 'pause playback' command?

This thread is asking help in understanding that puzzling video clip, and I think there's been a lot of progress.

Would you rather that this contextual information NOT be available?

edit on 29-5-2011 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Would you rather that this contextual information NOT be available?

Of course they would. It is much easier to dismiss someone for being a skeptic than suffering cognitive dissonance and actually learning something.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This thread's topic is "Three UFOs Flying Around ISS. Ground Control order: 'Endeavour please pause the playback!'", so please discuss the topic and not each other.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The entire premise is nonsense.

"Endeavor please pause the playback."

If this was a directive given to the shuttle crew to stop the video feed because of objects being shown that NASA did not want getting out to the general public, you have to assume that A) There is an object of secret importance in the video, B) NASA does not want that object shown to the public, and C) The shuttle crew is in charge of what makes it to the public. B depends on A, so without A there is no B. The fact that more mysterious footage is shown all the time (not that any of that indicates anything unexplainable, either) eliminates A and therefore B. As for C, I doubt NASA would have to tell the shuttle crew to shut off the video feed, since they surely have controls at Mission Control that could do the same thing. And in the middle of a docking maneuver, I'm sure the shuttle crew is busy with other things besides watching for anomalies in the video feed.

Also you'll notice that the video feed doesn't actually stop.

So... yeah.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
The entire premise is nonsense.

Also you'll notice that the video feed doesn't actually stop.

I wonder if people in this field ever get tired of being lied to.

Of course, they will cite supposed government lies, revealing their childish philosophies, throwing a fit because they are not being told what they want to hear and call it lies. But those aren't the "lies" we are talking about, rather the deluge of lies produced by the UFO field. Lies seem to be the basis on which this field is built, such as this video for instance. Do UFO believers get tired of being lied to by "UFO researchers"?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join