It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ok so i've reached a point in my career, I am bored of my job and I want a change. Do I keep on working like a lifeless zombie or change trades?

I'm in the British Army and the job I am currently in is Aircraft Engineering. It may look good on paper but the job is so boring ! Bomb disposal or Intelligence Corps sounds like something that would suit me.

Any advice is helpfull, thank you in advance.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When I started feeling like that, I started my own company. But I don't think that's something you can do in your field!
Just go for it. Look into something that will excite you. We spend so many hours of our lives working... it should be something that makes you happy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denco
When I started feeling like that, I started my own company. But I don't think that's something you can do in your field!
Just go for it. Look into something that will excite you. We spend so many hours of our lives working... it should be something that makes you happy.

Thats exactly how I feel, I want to follow my heart but it's the outside pressures of family etc.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

Well, I'm sure British Intelligence would pay you to post here, just a thought.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'd say give it a go... if, whatever your passionate about, doesn't work out in a pre-set time span, move on. At the same time, I feel that's poor advice... I don't know your situation, but thing's like bills/etc come to mind.

I hope you find your solution.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If you are not happy in your life you must make a change! Why should we deal with self inflicted suffering? We only get one life so we should spend our time here doing things that make us happy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Just look at your job prospects out there, then get back to me.
Hint: If it is not military, it isn't out there.
Grass is always greener type thing.
But god luck anyway.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

That's what I've always believed.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I could leave my trade, but then if the Intel Corps don't take me on or if the RLC dont want another bomb disposer then im pretty #ed. But what I'm doing just now isn't making me happy full stop. The parents don't see it like I do, they think its all pink and fluffy and easy. Then I have bills each month, this really is a hard one for me and only I can call it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Your career sounds fairly prestigious kudos! But like mentioned above, don't carry on with self inflicted misery. Make a change even if it means making a few cut backs in the short term.

From your engineering background have you thought of any inventions, or niches you could fill with some entrepreneurial venture?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Apologies in advance if I kill your thread, I have been doing that alot lately.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm feeling the same way as of late. Similar type of niche... burnout, working, sucks... I need to be my own boss.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
From your engineering background have you thought of any inventions, or niches you could fill with some entrepreneurial venture?

Nope i've thought of nothing that is already in use unfortunately. They dont even give us the civvilian qualifications to leave and work as a 'civvi'.

I wish this could be an easy choice, I have the security of keeping my job (hopefully this doesn't change) if I stay as I am. It would be a risk, but it might be a risk I'm willing to take.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Nope i've thought of nothing that is already in use unfortunately. They dont even give us the civvilian qualifications to leave and work as a 'civvi'.

I wish this could be an easy choice, I have the security of keeping my job (hopefully this doesn't change) if I stay as I am. It would be a risk, but it might be a risk I'm willing to take.

So true!!!! I'm starting to realize that even though there maybe nothing to "invent" - through knowledge and contacts, I could sell a product cheaper than the competition...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Do they have any classes you can take to see what is out there you enjoy? Usually they do, but if they don't I suggest taking some night courses in something you think you would enjoy if that's even possible. I know the hours are rough the way they are. But that is one way you can take, or even just grab a few books and start reading into some things you would enjoy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You should definitely change trades. I'd recommend trying for the Int Corps if that's something that interests you, as long as you know what you're getting yourself in for! ARRSE would be an infinitely better place to ask by the way, if you haven't already.

top topics

join