It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Animal Lovers! Pictures/Stories/Advice Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
what can I say, we love animals. We started out with two female goats, bought Billy and had two babies. We've got a zillion chickens here, 3 hogs that were bottle fed as piglets, 5 more only 1/2 grown that were all bottle fed. We have a friend who has a bow hunting ranch and when they end up with abandoned feral piglets, they bring them here knowing we can't stand to let something die. Anyway....those three big hogs....well they are going to go in the freezer as soon as they fatten up a bit more.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I went out to try to find Bach (the rooster) because I wanted to film him eating out of the same dish with the cats. I'll post the story of him shortly....he was abandoned and the cats sort of took him in, and now is thinks he's a cat....anyway, I couldn't find Bach....but I found one of the feral cats I feed has had kittens! I live off the beaten path and people "dump" animals here all the time. Of course I can't help myself and feed them. Some are friendly and some are completely wild. The mother cat must have had the kittens somewhere in the woods, and has just now brought them up to the house....they look to be a few weeks old. Sorry about the audio ( My speech sounds like I have a major lisp
crappy camera) Oh ....and I apologize for all the "OMG! awwwwww's!"
But they were just so adorable! Notice how when I say "Hi Mama Kitty!" she meows...she's sooo sweet.

edit on 5/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Man...I would LOVE to do that. How do you get into that? I mean who would you call to volunteer? I have rescued many baby squirrels, and a few baby birds. I think it's great that you do that.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

You sound like me! I can NOT refuse any strays or ones that need a home. I have even brought home a couple of what I call "Parking lot" dogs in my life ( the poor things you see wandering around Walmart or somewhere looking for food etc) I just can't STAND to see something like that and do nothing, If I could, I would open my own animal shelter....
My problem with raising animals for food is that I would get attached to them and wouldn't be able to do it

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
(too big to post so i linked it) This is peanut... i took this last October.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
(This ones just right.) This is fluffy... I took this a few months ago... looks like he ate a watermelon.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f628a1af2015.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Oh WOW....they are beautiful! What breed is the second one? I love long haired cats...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

No idea, but he came from a straight gray and white haired cat... I consider him an anomaly. He had a twin brother named straight... but with short hair... straight fur. (The one in pic is fluffy.) straight died when he was less than a year old... the dog next door killed him...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
forgot to ad this one...

same cat as above who ate the watermelon (Fluffy)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90f0c91b2eb0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It's strange how animals turn out. My cat Teddy (the big orange one in the pic) had a solid white father cat....and his mother was the tabby in the video with the kittens. Both parents were short haired, and his mother was a bob tail....Teddy has a HUGE fluffy tail.... How he turned out orange and long haired is a mystery to me

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Awwwwwww what a beauty! ( I sound like Steve Irwin! "Awww have a look at THIS beauty!" LOL!) I love the serious expression on her/his face....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here's Mr. Smoochy while possessed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37931e398fa1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

My dog Shadow.

I miss her.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4464f266595c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Man...I would LOVE to do that. How do you get into that? I mean who would you call to volunteer? I have rescued many baby squirrels, and a few baby birds. I think it's great that you do that.

Look in your area for animal rescue organizations. Maybe the phone book or even a Google search for your area. I work there just four hours a week during nesting season. It is a lot of work but I absolutely love it!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Beautiful dog! I had a German Shepherd Dog too that has passed on.
They are wonderful! I miss her so much...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is a great thread OP. I love seeing all the pictures and stories of people's pets. What joy they bring into our lives. My heart also goes out to those who have lost their beloved pets.....but what wonderful memories they've left behind. Anyone have any ferrets? A few years ago I had two. You talk about characters!!! Ferrets are the greatest!
~~Linda

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

What a face! German Shepards are one of my favorite breeds....they are SUPER intelligent. Pets are great, but it's sad thier lives are so short compared to ours....I'm sorry to hear you lost her. She was so beautiful!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8da4ba5781a6.png[/atsimg]

pics that are too big:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Great thread OP - I will return with pictures of my pets.
Beautiful pets everyone!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My dog Moe - he's a big baby (2yr old) Basset Hound. The cat has everything over on him, seriously. You see Moe, you see the cat "DJ"! He stands on his hind feet for attention and when he wants to go out. I didn't teach him this he just started doing it on his own. I will be back with cats, lol.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df3e9d273b09.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Awwww!

Moe is a real cutie pie

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join