It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's teeth broken during arrest by Orlando cop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Woman's teeth broken during arrest by Orlando cop

www.sun-sentinel.com

Orlando Police are reviewing the conduct of a veteran officer accused of brutality by a woman who suffered broken front teeth and an arm bruise before being arrested.

In an arrest affidavit, Officer Livio Beccaccio wrote that Lisa Wareham pushed, hit and screamed at him while he was trying to break up a street fight near the downtown Orange County Public Library in February. She was arrested on three charges, including battery on a law-enforcement officer, a felony.

The lawyer defending Wareham in the criminal case characterized Beccaccio's treatment of the woman as a "crime."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.topix.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The video says it all. Here is this little blonde girl being carted off by a big policeman. Suddenly the policeman throws her at the ground. It was totally unprovoked.

The policeman then pushes another pedestrian and continues to bully people. Makes me wonder what they are being paid to actually do anymore. Could it be that this policeman was just having a bad day?

www.sun-sentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Big deal...that's probably tame compared to what he does to his wife or girlfriend every night. Since this is criminal negligence, when litigation is filed, any resulting settlement should be paid by the cop out of his own pocket. Why is the taxpayer made responsible to pay for damages when these flunkies royally screw up because of their obviously limited brain mass and power trip obsession? There is big difference between negligence and gross criminal negligence.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Does this surprise anyone?

Cops are not our friends.... Some of our friends might be cops, but the whole idea of police is OUT OF CONTROL!

I hope she sues, I hope he is fired, I hope he has to flip burgers until retirement!

"Hey officer" repeat after me "Would you like to biggie-size your order" "Would you like fries with that"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Big deal...that's probably tame compared to what he does to his wife or girlfriend every night. Since this is criminal negligence, when litigation is filed, any resulting settlement should be paid by the cop out of his own pocket. Why is the taxpayer made responsible to pay for damages when these flunkies royally screw up because of their obviously limited brain mass and power trip obsession? There is big difference between negligence and gross criminal negligence.

Bravo . . very well said.
I can't understand why I have this urge sometimes to go after cops like this with a baseball bat . . .

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Being from Central Florida I was already aware of this, over the past few years Orlando police have been in the news a couple times a year for abusing citizens in incidents like the one in the OP and this.

With all the incidents concerning police in my area over the last few years whether it be physical abuse, sexual coercion of minors, or just plain abuse of power I have lost all respect for Florida police officers and most likely wouldn't even stop to assist one in need.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I guess you consider it no big deal because she didn't end up dead or in the hospital. If you ever get attacked for no reason it will be a big deal then. Police brutality seems to be on the rise and more of it is getting caught due to technology. This is one time those pesky cameras came in very handy in proving what happened.

new topics

top topics

join