It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists experts warn that Millions 'at risk from earthquakes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Scientists experts warn that Millions 'at risk from earthquakes'

uk.news.yahoo.com

Millions of people in Europe, the Middle East and Asia are at risk from deadly tremors which can strike out of the blue in unmapped earthquake zones, scientists have warned.

Attention should be focused on these regions, which lie within the interior of continents, instead of well known earthquake "hotspots", according to two leading experts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit : Here are a few other links I have found

www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
www.jpost.com...

edit on 23-5-2011 by sean0190 because: Here are a few other links I have found

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The is something I found out via Press Association as yet again there seems to be focus on more possible earthquakes in the interior zone so they they say. I know that earthquake prediction at the present time is impossible but how do these experts know. I'm not into all the biblical stuff but it is a bit of a coincidence this news has popped up. I'm sure HAARP comes into this or something so simple ?

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So basically, earthquakes are going to occur, where they have not previously been known to occur?

Fearmongering 101.

If you live near the ring of fire, you're not safe.

If you don't live near the ring of fire, you're not safe.

you can't move, you can't outrun it, or move to a safer location.

So sit inside your homes, shaking and trembling in fear of shaking and trembling.

Sounds kind of like being warned to be careful of world-destroying comets.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why? Because we live on shifting plates. Ooo ok, that makes sense, thanks for the warning Doc.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
relative to the time period from the mid-1970s to the mid-1990s, Earth has been more active over the past 15 years or so. said Stephen S. Gao, a geophysicist at Missouri University of Science and Technology. "We still do not know the reason for this yet. Could simply be the natural temporal variation of the stress field in the earth's lithosphere."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It always amases me when stories like this come out. We truly do not know alot about our planet. Its intriging ,but yet scary.

top topics

join