It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urantia Book Discussion: Conspiracy or Otherwise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I guess you're right. According to Wikipedia:

The Urantia Book (sometimes called the Urantia Papers or The Fifth Epochal Revelation) is a spiritual and philosophical book that originated in Chicago sometime between 1924 and 1955. The authorship remains a matter of speculation.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, perhaps as early as the twenties then. Still far from ancient. I think it's safe to say that it belongs to the New Age tradition and it sort of fills the gaps of all religions, stuffing them full of channelled hogwash. Like when Joseph brings wee Jesus to the Olympics, that's a winner. Hehe. Fun though.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Yeah, I knew it was older -- didn't realize it went back to the roaring 20's.

Huh, I guess "new age" isn't so "new" after all?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If you want a scathing exposure of the New Age movement, particularly channellers, check out The Stargate Conspiracy, it delves into the CIA domination of new age cults and mind control.

You can tell it is great just by the horrified negative reviews all the new agers gave it!

Urantia though, while having some good wisdom and interesting ideas, is just like that Hopi alien book with the SSS-TA Empire and the Ra's Laws crap and the The Nine. They all profess sacred knowledge from above and claim to fill in the truth to history... they all promote the New Age Religion, just in different ways. If you want to catch all the fish, you need many different lures...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yeah, I knew it was older -- didn't realize it went back to the roaring 20's.

Huh, I guess "new age" isn't so "new" after all?
I read it in the early 70's, so it has been a hip notion since at least that time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join