It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why doesnt my con-trail last long in winter behind my car??--chem-trails are real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

Different atmospheric conditions, yet they were all flying over the same area....... yeahhh

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
First off, I do understand what OP is trying to get at. I'm originally from Chicago, and in winter temperatures, the car exhaust 'plume' would linger for a longer period of time. It could be perceived as the same type of "due to conditions" argument anti-chemtrailers use.
Truth is.. I'm split on the topic. Sometimes I see the sky and do think it's ridiculous and my instinct tells me something's up, but other times I figure maybe I'm just looking for it.

IN ANY CASE I do have a question for anyone that might be willing to enlighten me

A couple people have brought up the point that you have to be a certain height in the air for a contrail to persist, or be experiencing certain conditions, I heard one person refer to it as 'contrail altitude'. My question is, even if that's the case, why does the 'persistent contrail' continue to linger and spread even when it's floated down to a ridiculously low altitude? An altitude that, when other planes are passing at the same height as the dispersed 'contrail', aren't leaving contrails themselves? Does my question make sense? If the contrail originates at a certain altitude, why does it persist and even spread while dropping altitude?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

How do you know they were at the same altitude, though?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

I do not as i was in a car but you could see between all 3 there was not that much difference in altitude, plus it wasnt especially cold or anything, sunny day.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
What the hell is wrong with this site? Why are threads with only 2 flags getting to the front page?

I might be wrong, but isn't it based on the number of replies, not flags? In any case, I find these types of threads to be the most entertaining because of the pure ridiculousness of the debate, lol.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I just wanted to thank weed whacker and aloysius. I never had a clue about any of this stuff until you took the time to explain it piece by piece. If I was a mod id acknowledge both.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It is official. This thread put me to sleep. good night all.

Sorry op. I do use the Google machine from time to time. I learned all about contrails. Them chemmies just won't give up.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

A couple people have brought up the point that you have to be a certain height in the air for a contrail to persist, or be experiencing certain conditions, I heard one person refer to it as 'contrail altitude'. My question is, even if that's the case, why does the 'persistent contrail' continue to linger and spread even when it's floated down to a ridiculously low altitude? An altitude that, when other planes are passing at the same height as the dispersed 'contrail', aren't leaving contrails themselves? Does my question make sense? If the contrail originates at a certain altitude, why does it persist and even spread while dropping altitude?

I've never seen anything that would resemble what you describe other than agricultural spraying. Even fuel dumping doesn't "descend" - the fuel vaporises long before it drops any appreciable distance.

I've seen some descriptions like yours, but like yours they are all quite imprecise - a lot of chemtrail believers have problems with perspective - eg infamously a contrail coming up or going over the horizon is sometimes called vertical (either climbing or diving) such as the "missile" off the California coat last year (and another one the the year before, and another over somewhere East USA, etc)

So when you say the contrail is descending I honestly think you may be seeing cloud spreading from a contrail, which gets closer to the horizon, so looks like it is getting lower but isn't.

Other than that - if there was actually anything dropping to ground level (and I appreciate you didn't say that it was) then I'd expect somthign to be showing up in routine air sampling.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123

Originally posted by OrphenFire
What the hell is wrong with this site? Why are threads with only 2 flags getting to the front page?

I might be wrong, but isn't it based on the number of replies, not flags? In any case, I find these types of threads to be the most entertaining because of the pure ridiculousness of the debate, lol.

It's based upon he last reply - if you reply to a thread on the last page then it will go to the top of the 1st page until there's a newer reply on another thread. This is a common system used by pretty much all forums I'm on IIRC. - al though you may have some customisable options on a few of them I think - eg display by date started or date replied.

Stars & flags are irrelevant.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Are contrails chemtrails? Yes!

Perhaps by your personal definition. But don't you think it's better to use the common meaning of words, rather than your own definition?

Contrail - streamer of frozen water vapor left by planes, as a by-product of engine exhaust.
Chemtrail - a similar looking trail that has something deliberately added to it.

Even more elaborate,

ConTrail - Condensation trail.
ChemTrail - Chemical trail - and was coined as a play on ConTrail.

OmegaLogos knows this, but seems to find pleasure in being 'different' as shown by his strange posting format.

He also knows that one defines something that is naturally occurring and the other is an alleged covert agenda by some dark agency in order to kill everyone or make the planet habitable to reptilians or whatever the reason is today.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by itsawild1

An interesting point OP, me and a buddy thought this the other week, the only possible reason could be for the altitude, but omy to work this morning across the chemtrailed sky, i saw 1 large plane leaving a huge chemtrail, alot larger than contrails & i saw 2 other planes in the air of similar size with not even contrails coming off ?

Unexplainable, unless the plane was creating the trail deliberately, which would make it a ..... *drum roll* CHEMTRAILER !

Or the planes were completely different sizes in reality, and their apparent similar size was because they were at completely different altitudes.

For example what are the relative altitudes of these planes?

The "big" one is a BAe RJ-100, with a wingspan of about 86 feet. The "small" one s a B737-800 with a wingspan of about 112 feet.

But the RJ is at 28,000 feet, and the 737 is at 35,000 feet.

The original is at www.skystef.be... near he bottom of the page.

Chemtrail believers often seem unaware that perspective exists!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What a ridiculous thread! How can you compare the exhaust from a car at ground level travelling usually less than 50mph to that of a 2+ engined aircraft travelling at over 500mph in low air density with temperatures below -40.

Experiment No.1 Put your hand behind the exhaust of your dad's car revving at 5000rpm.. go on... oh, just warm air?
Now go and put your hand behind the engine of a British Airways 747 at full throttle... oh dear, you just got your face burnt off.

Ok experiment No.2. Get in your dad's car on a cold winters day... ok it's -15 outside brrrrr! Now get him to drive at 40mph and open the window. You can do it right? Now here's my question..

How come you can open the window of your dad's car in those conditions but you can't even crack the window a little bit on your flight to London. And the answer isn't 'because your not allowed on flights to London'.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
are we all still debating chemtrails,they are real people,whether they are being used for good or bad should be what we are debating,i saw a a very strange chemtrail a few days ago,the plane was doing its flight and the chemtrail started and stopped and then started and stopped and kept repeating,very strange.

You can explain the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail very easily

1.a contrail trail flows and disapears very quickly
2.a chemtrail just does not disapear and that sucker lingers for a long time and spreads slowly as it falls to the ground,shortly latter the whole sky goes hazey like a smog

Thats how we people will win this fight,by observing everything,isnt that what science is

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hope this helps

UK Government admits deadly spraying:

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.prisonplanet.com...

Hope thats the right youtube vid. Can't get it up at work

Edit: Also a picture of what I believe to be chemtrial from last week

i1228.photobucket.com...
edit on 24-5-2011 by JDARK11 because:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Thanks for trying to clarify, but the plane was producing a much thicker trail, that was lingering behind it, ive seen legit contrails being created many times, they only go so far behind the plane as they usually dissapate with the plane still in eyesight, this trail persisted across the sky, from as far on one side to the plane on the other side of my field of vision.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
are we all still debating chemtrails,they are real people,whether they are being used for good or bad should be what we are debating,i saw a a very strange chemtrail a few days ago,the plane was doing its flight and the chemtrail started and stopped and then started and stopped and kept repeating,very strange.

You can explain the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail very easily

1.a contrail trail flows and disapears very quickly
2.a chemtrail just does not disapear and that sucker lingers for a long time and spreads slowly as it falls to the ground,shortly latter the whole sky goes hazey like a smog

Thats how we people will win this fight,by observing everything,isnt that what science is

And understanding why! It's the "why" that you are missing as do all the other chemtrail believers. Those who understand "why" are rolling their eyes in disbelief.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

WHY DOES MY CARS CHEM-TRAIL DISSAPEARE IN THE FROZEN NORTH???

And that right there is why you guys will never get anywhere in relation to "chemtrails" because, inevitably, you all say something as equally ignorant as that, pure complete ignorance on a basic fact of the conspiracy you are trying to prove.

honestly, if you can't even read a basic description of the forces at work behind a contrail, how on earth to you expect to convince me there are chemtrails out there trying to kill me?

Yes, I am calling the OP ignorant. Completely ignorant on any basic facts relating to contrails, condensation, water vapor, pretty much anything involved in this contrail / chemtrail nonsense.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Guys!

I exhaled and I didn't see my condensed breath!

CHEM TRAILS ARE REAL!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
wait.....
I can make Chemtrails with my car

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Do you drive your car above 26,000 feet and below -40 degrees?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

That would be one AWESOME car.

Serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join